mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Titus El Guapo Frame with Cane Creek Double Barrel Air Shock -$1100

EG V3 w/ CC DB air - $1100

EG V3 with Monarch RT3 - $825

Saw this at On-one.uk, and they are also offering the w/ Monarch RT3 at $825. Why the very big price difference , especially they dont have any kind of pedal asist lever of some sort? Is the CC DB worth the difference in price? Will the Monarch Plus RC3 be a better option?
    Last edited by magixuser; 07-13-2012 at 04:20 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by magixuser View Post
    EG V3 w/ CD DB air

EG V3 with Monarch RT3

Saw this at On-one.uk, and they are also offering the w/ Monarch RT3 at $825. Why the very big price difference , especially they dont have any kind of pedal asist lever of some sort? Is the CC DB worth the difference in price? Will the Monarch Plus RC3 be a better option?
    If you are a discerning suspension nerd that cannot be happy with a few simple adjustments and would like the ability to endlessly dial in your shock, the RP3 is the way to go.

If you've been riding a few years and can tell the difference between forks, tires feel at different pressures, etc...get the CCDB-Air.

Let's just say that FOX suspension is incredibly popular, as it is cheap and reliable and it gets spec'd on almost every bike. It isn't the best product, just the one that is most commonly spec'd.

At $1100 for a good frame and a great shock, you'd be silly not to IMO

mtbr member
    Crap, those prices are low. The regular EG is only $825.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Has anyone in the USA purchased a frame or bike from UK? If so, what are the additional cost of doing so? i.e. import tax, etc.? What are things to look out for? Any warranty issues? Etc. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    There is a big price difference because CCDB shocks are pricey. Look them up, like $600 or so. Issues can arise with any company. What matters is that you are well taken care of when the issues do.arise. On-one, Brant namely, Titus and the gang are all trying hard to bring customer service back to Titus which wasn't stellar their last few years of business before the acquisition.

I just got a frame from their UK warehouse and it landed about 1.5 weeks after purchase. I hqve not received any import fees yet so hopefully there will be none.

mtbr member
    mnigro, have you encountered any charges yet? I was about to order one with the CCDB and was curious how yours turned out. Also, was the head tube reaming fix implemented on yours?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I have not seen any customs fees yet, kow. Ive ordered 2 frames and 2 wheelsets from the UK and never got dinged.

The HT was not reamed on my frame but it is a 2012, you are looking at the 2013 version. I would have preferred the 2013, especially at the same price. Stop stalling and buy it.

mtbr member
    Thanks! Done deal.