Thread: Titus El Guapo

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Titus El Guapo

hey guys, will be getting an el guapo this December.
    What do you guys recommend for a female standing at 164cm? would the small fit?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydesg View Post
    hey guys, will be getting an el guapo this December.
    What do you guys recommend for a female standing at 164cm? would the small fit?

Thanks.
    No bigger than a small but your inseam would be a good measurement to know to ensure you would have enough standover.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I have a 30inch inseam.
    if I share with my husband can I get away with a medium and 50mm stem since the stand over is the same as the small ?

he is 174cm tall.

mtbr member
    I'm at a 29" inseem and rode a medium in my V1 EG. With the additional length in the TT of the new V3 I think I could have rode a small and been fine. As is though a medium in both is ok.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    I'm at a 29" inseem and rode a medium in my V1 EG. With the additional length in the TT of the new V3 I think I could have rode a small and been fine. As is though a medium in both is ok.
    may i know how tall are you?

mtbr member
    may i know how tall are you?
    Yes you may! I'm 5'9" and maybe 170lbs after a bad week of the booze.

I have a very long torso for my height compared to my wife. But I prefer a bike I can wip around and show who is boss soi tend to go toward a smaller size.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    Yes you may! I'm 5'9" and maybe 170lbs after a bad week of the booze.

I have a very long torso for my height compared to my wife. But I prefer a bike I can wip around and show who is boss soi tend to go toward a smaller size.
    Thank you. Looks like i am buying the small el guapo this dec. cant wait. Any idea when in dec it will be out ?

mtbr member

Small.... if u ask me

BTW I'm 5'9" and 30" inseam

I own both a small and medium. Luv both but like Terrible said--if u want to show who's boss, the smaller one rules. My small EG is like a BMX on steroid. Apart from trail use, its also my default urban assault rig now...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Urban Assault? That means you use it to go shopping?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    BTW I'm 5'9" and 30" inseam

I own both a small and medium. Luv both but like Terrible said--if u want to show who's boss, the smaller one rules. My small EG is like a BMX on steroid. Apart from trail use, its also my default urban assault rig now...
    does it feel cramp with the small? as in your knees hitting the handle bars or your toes hitting the front wheel?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydesg View Post
    does it feel cramp with the small? as in your knees hitting the handle bars or your toes hitting the front wheel?
    Nope. both mine are the older 09 and 10 EG, a tiny bit shorter. With the slightly longer top tube now on the current V3- it should be a tad more roomy.

And lots of time I ride mid foot on the flat pedals with my size 8.5 big clown shoes aka Five-10s. Never remember toe swiping front wheel.

The closest anything comes to knocking around the legs is when riding at a low seatpost height and doing a very slow and tight turn knee is a little close to hitting, but then that is really turning almost like 90 degrees with some long 740-780mm handlebar (which I guess probably doesnt happen alot on the trails)

mtbr member
    May 2008
    front wheel is miles away on a V3 guapo. not going to hit it.
    at 5' 4". you def. want a small. i'm 5' 10" and considered a small (got a medium v3).