Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Titus Done

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,404

    Titus Done

    Hey Moderators,

    since Titus is gone, why don't you do away w/ this forum & start one for Evil? any future Titus stuff could go to On One's forum, since they're the company that bought them out & it seems, oversaw their total destruction.

    as a bonus, it would be real interesting to do an "Expose"(?) on just exactly WTF happened w/ that whole fiasco. getting a real investigating journalist would be great & have some real teeth.

    Evil certainly deserves it's own forum, not just popular threads in the all mtn. , 29ers & custom builders threads.
    breezy shade

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    60
    Titus is definitely not 'done' at all.
    We are just into the testing phase on a complete new range of bikes that have been designed from the ground up. Completely designed in the US.
    Redesigning the whole line-up has taken considerable time (and resources).
    We are redirecting the Planet X USA Web Store website as we were getting numerous questions from people on the old models that were up there but no longer available.
    We are developing a whole new web site to go with the whole new range of bikes.
    Please be patient while we pull this all together.
    In the meantime, spare parts, small parts and replacement parts (as well as the available frames etc) are still all available on Planet X USA Web Store
    Thanks!

  3. #3
    IllumaDucati
    Reputation: Roadsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    522
    I'm glad you're coming out with some new bikes.

    By the way, I'm still very happy with my carbon Racer X that Bre built the frame for.

    Titus Done-r-3354_2816x1760.jpg
    Klein Attitude Race, 17.5 pounds
    Ruegamer Titus Racer X, 21 pounds
    Scott Scale 899, 18 pounds

  4. #4
    HU
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,654
    What type of linkage and what kind of bikes? 2015?? If it's better than the EG I am listening

    btw, reported the spam posts in this forum a while back, no one cleaned them out
    ...

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vespasianus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,439
    I still agree with nhodge. One-One may be marketing bikes under the Titus name, but at this moment, it is done. The same as Iron Horse.

    Titus/On One USA , is great that you are in the process of bringing new bikes to market but you have to realize that people have been expecting this for close to 5 years!
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhill View Post
    What type of linkage and what kind of bikes? 2015?? If it's better than the EG I am listening

    btw, reported the spam posts in this forum a while back, no one cleaned them out
    Yes 2015. The first sample frames are on the way right now so that we can start ride testing them. As soon as things are to the point where we are happy with them then we will start to send out information. Until then we are staying tight lipped so that if anything changes with the design etc then there isn't a back-lash from people saying 'you told us it was going to be this or that'.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: VR6ix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    Hey Moderators,
    No one is listening. There's only 1 MOD, and he's a "super mod", and rather "super" at actively ignoring this forum.

    The Titus forum should live on, at least in active-archive format, because there is a ton of good info in here. Ok yes, On-One did pick-up the torch but all the old frames stand apart. MTBR needs to figure out how to preserve the knowledge instead of amalgamating the Titus forum into obscurity.

    Now if you will excuse me, I need to go post blatant pornographic images in the 5 various "rock crusher" SPAM threads that I reported weeks ago so that maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe the MODs will do their job for **cks sake.

    And I promise to update my MotoLite rebuild thread
    also known as Plaid Shirt Guy...

  8. #8
    (Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Reputation: gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    7,091
    Interesting thread.

    Since Titus is still an operational business entity, this forum will stay open and let's try and be positive and hope for the best. Yeah, it's a bummer to see such a strong brand all but disappear, but perhaps they can be a Phoenix (no reference to that Pivot model intended) and rise from the ashes?

    I have removed the spam posts, sorry for the delay.

    -g
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

    Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

    Mtbr YouTube Channel

  9. #9
    HU
    Reputation: Deerhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,654
    Does anybody else see the huge Pivot ad that showed up all the sudden>>
    ...

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,404

    Evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    Interesting thread.

    Since Titus is still an operational business entity, this forum will stay open and let's try and be positive and hope for the best. Yeah, it's a bummer to see such a strong brand all but disappear, but perhaps they can be a Phoenix (no reference to that Pivot model intended) and rise from the ashes?
    [
    I have removed the spam posts, sorry for the delay.

    -g
    B]fair enough, but how about an Evil forum? there are almost 1800 posts about one of their models alone on the All Mountain forum[/B]
    breezy shade

  11. #11
    (Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Reputation: gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    7,091
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    B]fair enough, but how about an Evil forum? there are almost 1800 posts about one of their models alone on the All Mountain forum[/B]
    I have just posted in the Custom builder forum, in the thread "Evil own forum", that if you guys can get 6 more people to chime in there, I will create that forum.

    I just want to be sure there is enough genuine interest to support an active forum.

    Now that I'm taking a look at the MFR forums, it looks like Mountain Cycle may be eligible for closing down.

    -g
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

    Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

    Mtbr YouTube Channel

  12. #12
    beater
    Reputation: evasive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,031

    Titus Done

    Whether or not brands like Titus or Mountain Cycle have much activity these days, there are still frames out there. I'd think the forums still provide a useful resource to those owners.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

    Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

  13. #13
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,762
    Thanks for chiming in, Gregg,

    Sorry about the lack of attention guys, but I have been swamped at work lately and couldn't take much of a look at the forums.

  14. #14
    (Mtbr Site Manager) Administrator
    Reputation: gregg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    7,091
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    Whether or not brands like Titus or Mountain Cycle have much activity these days, there are still frames out there. I'd think the forums still provide a useful resource to those owners.
    This is a good point, evasive. Normally we don't let a forum stay around if it's just stagnant. But, like you say, if someone is looking for old info, we can keep it (Mountain Cycle forum) around a bit longer.

    -g
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

    Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

    Mtbr YouTube Channel

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7
    I have two Titus bikes (frame up builds).....2012 X Alloy, and a 2004(?) Racer X. In fact I just built the 2004 up with a frame I bought on ebay a few weeks ago. So I am definetly interested in seeing Titus continue as both a brand and a forum.

    Curiously enough I see that "gregg" mentioned Mountain Cycle above. I actually still have a 2003 Mountain Cycle SLiX. It was my main ride up until 2013 when I built the Titus X Alloy. And just the other day I tore it (MC) down to swap the components to the newly aquired 2004 Racer X frame.

    There IS interest in both of these brands still.

    BTW... Titus/On One USA.....

    Would you happen to know how to decifer the Titus Racer-X (and/or X Alloy for that matter) serial numbers? I bought the frame as a used 2004(?), but I have never seen a pic or anything with the color & decal combo my frame has. It's a Gun Metal grey metalic frame with solid black (w/white "shadow") decal. Also it has solid alloy rear end and 31.6 seatpost dia.
    Last edited by turbotoad; 1 Week Ago at 01:07 PM.

  16. #16
    Dirt Huffer
    Reputation: AC/BC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,483
    I bought and built up an older El Guapo frame and found the database with more info then i ever could have ever asked for. It helped tremendously with the build. I'd like to see the forum stay around awhile or at least have the info archived.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    887
    It might be the Hammerhead version of the Racer X. Back in the day Titus allowed a company to make the frame with a few geometry modifications.


    Quote Originally Posted by turbotoad View Post
    I have two Titus bikes (frame up builds).....2012 X Alloy, and a 2004(?) Racer X. In fact I just built the 2004 up with a frame I bought on ebay a few weeks ago. So I am definetly interested in seeing Titus continue as both a brand and a forum.

    Curiously enough I see that "gregg" mentioned Mountain Cycle above. I actually still have a 2003 Mountain Cycle SLiX. It was my main ride up until 2013 when I built the Titus X Alloy. And just the other day I tore it (MC) down to swap the components to the newly aquired 2004 Racer X frame.

    There IS interest in both of these brands still.

    BTW... Titus/On One USA.....

    Would you happen to know how to decifer the Titus Racer-X (and/or X Alloy for that matter) serial numbers? I bought the frame as a used 2004(?), but I have never seen a pic or anything with the color & decal combo my frame has. It's a Gun Metal grey metalic frame with solid black (w/white "shadow") decal. Also it has solid alloy rear end and 31.6 seatpost dia.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7

    Just completed build and first ride

    This is the frame.....I believe it's a 100mm version.
    Titus Done-racer-x-19ap15-d.jpg

Similar Threads

  1. Titus?
    By sxr-racer in forum Titus
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-25-2015, 04:05 PM
  2. What is up with Titus?
    By helmach21 in forum Titus
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 11:03 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-25-2011, 10:19 AM
  4. Thinking of building a Titus - Titus X??
    By Wolfie1992 in forum Titus
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 08:49 PM
  5. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 03:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •