mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Is Titus Dead (again)?

I'm asking as I haven't been able to get into the Titus store online for a while and I no longer receive any e mails or offers from them. I went to On One's web site and don't see much there but a few clearance frames/bikes.
    I was just curious if Titus has again been shelved. Thanks for any information/insight you all can provide.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Last decent bike Titus made, was the Rockstar 29er. Before that was the FTM 26er Carbon, which was still plagued with issues, including the rocker link and poorly-designed rear derailleur hanger.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The old or new rockstar 29? I always thought the new Rockstar was a really good looking ride, but I have no idea if it got solid reviews or not. I just bought my first bike in a few years last month (Niner Jet 9) and I would have considered one if I could have found any reasonable info on it. I was hoping the new Titus would thrive, and I honestly am curious if they are still kicking. I kind of still would like to build a Racer X.

mtbr member
    I think in the US, On One is probably having a hard time getting any traction. In Europe, with no HL patent, brands like Canyon,YT Industries and heck even Boardman, make shockingly good HL bikes that are pretty cheap. And the Titus name has no recognition in Europe so who is going to buy it?

With that said, if they could make a HL Codeine, in carbon and bring it to the US, they could have something. The single ring concept makes the HL the best suspension system out there. You can have the same anti-squat numbers as a dw or vpp system with better brake squat and pedal feedback numbers (when sticking to a single front ring). And you should be able to do it for $1200 (frame and shock).
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Horst link 45650b

8.5" x 2.5" shock

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    In Europe, with no HL patent, brands like Canyon,YT Industries and heck even Boardman, make shockingly good HL bikes that are pretty cheap. And the Titus name has no recognition in Europe so who is going to buy it?
    Titus has (or had) a boatload of recognition in Europe, original El Guapos and Racer Xs were a great seller.

Planet X are supposedly working on a new range for Titus (it's been briefly discussed on Singletrack World), but after the last couple of years of hype, delay and backlash they seem to be playing it much closer to their chest this time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Unfortunate as I like my Rockstar. I would like to see them turn it around, but I'm now skeptical.