Bad Case of the Mondays

Titus - a Colorado bike company? What?

I think this is a mistake, but figured I'd find the real answer here in case they are moving with the new ownership stuff.

From cyclingnews.com (http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech/?id=...arrivals/08-03)
    Titus Modena

Titus Modena
    Stylish cut-outs
    As well as some of the most highly-regarded suspension mountain bike frames around, Colorado bike maker Titus also manufactures a range of road bikes featuring clever use of mixtures of metals and composites.
    Titus' Exogrid and Isogrid bikes always attract attention at trade shoes for their striking combinations of titanium and carbon fiber in the frame tubes, and also for their slightly alarming prices - the titanium/carbon Vuelo frame, for example, retails for a shade under four grand. That's comparable with other super high-zoot frames, but for many of us it's still a rather wallet-clenching figure.
    The Modena is Titus most affordable frame, and for its construction Titus uses perhaps the most 'traditional' metal/composite mixture: carbon fiber tubes with aluminium lugs. Nevertheless, this isn't just a bunch of carbon pipes lobbed into square-cut castings like such frames of yore. The Modena's lugs are nicely styled and tapered, with diamond-shaped cut-outs and a striking one-piece head lug.
    The Modena frame comes with a Reynolds Composites Ouzo Comp fork and our test bike is built up with the new Shimano 105 group, Bontrager wheels, Continental tyres, FSA bar, stem and seatpost and Fizik saddle. Recommended retail for the bare frame and fork in $1399./JS

"Its All Good"
    Surely this is an error, but a large one at that from a reputable site, cycling news.

But I hope the frame casues a stir at trade shows not shoes....

You all willl have seen this though....So who knows....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"El Whatever"
    That's should be a mistake, bro....

We must admit sometimes we feel jealous at Yeti bikes, but not as much to move the company/factory to Colorado

Titus is still based at the sister Republic of Arizona, as Whafe pointed out.
    Check my Site

Bad Case of the Mondays
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    That's should be a mistake, bro....

We must admit sometimes we feel jealous at Yeti bikes, but not as much to move the company/factory to Colorado

Titus is still based at the sister Republic of Arizona, as Whafe pointed out.
    Well I assumed it had to be a mistake, but sometimes I miss things and thought it wasn't out of the question the company could be moved.

And CO is THE place to be you know....Wait, I mean it sucks. Terrible....

banned
    I even checked Vyatek's website and they're still listed as Az, too.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Az has nice weather all around... why should they move?
    Check my Site

thats right living legend

Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken

Yeah the riding is good, and I hear the people are friendly. Man I wish I lived in AZ, why would anybody move.

I hear it can get hot though, but it's pretty friggen hot here, with about a 100% humidity...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Az has nice weather all around... why should they move?
    Ummm... You realize during the summer they can't ride during the day because it's so freak'n hot unless they head up to the mountains. That doesn't sound like nice weather to me.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    Ummm... You realize during the summer they can't ride during the day because it's so freak'n hot unless they head up to the mountains. That doesn't sound like nice weather to me.
    You can ride early morning / late afternoon... I've lived in similar places in Mexico (Monterrey, Hermosillo, being this last one close to Phoenix)

But then, I'm from a place with a weather similar to Florida or Louisiana... hot all year and I'm kinda used to heat.
    Check my Site

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Braids

Are you saying they have to go up to the mountains, to mountain bike???