mtbr member

titus cherry's been popped / kenda cortez 2.4

so i got my first titus frame yesterday a medium motolite. spent the evening building it up. some thoughts that went thru my head while i built it.

if it wasn't for this board i would not have known what size seatpost to use(27.2)
    if it wasn't for this board i would not have known what size front derailleur clamp to get. (not that it matters anymore now that they are universal (31.8 top pull top swing xt760a works great!))
    i used the board as a source of info for cable routing.

i guess in my mind these are things that should be posted on the Titus website.
    glad the board was here to help a brotha out.

these are just my initial thoughts. i will post a better description and commentary after my first dirt ride.

ah almost forgot. kenda cortez 2.4. here is a picture of it on the motolite. the blue part is the brace between seatstays. less than 5mm clearance. any forseen issues with it running this close other than debris getting caught?

thanks again for being here all your regulars. i promise to be of help anyway i can with future posts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by phatphil; 08-18-2006 at 07:59 AM.
    "who's pushing the pedals on the season cycle?" -xtc

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by phatphil
    so i got my first titus frame yesterday a medium motolite. spent the evening building it up. some thoughts that went thru my head while i built it.

if it wasn't for this board i would not have known what size seatpost to use
    if it wasn't for this board i would not have known what size front derailleur clamp to get. (not that it matters anymore now that they are universal (31.8 top pull top swing xt760a works great!))

these are just my initial thoughts. i will post a better description and commentary after my first dirt ride.

ah almost forgot. kenda cortez 2.4. here is a picture of it on the motolite. the blue part is the brace between seatstays. less than 5mm clearance. any forseen issues with it running this close other than debris getting caught?

thanks again for being here all your regulars. i promise to be of help anyway i can with future posts.

Hi ya PhatPhil. The board was a huge help to me also for information. I was building my ML up and didnt notice the change in seatpost di, so had to find a front der real quick. Some more info on there web site would be good. Keep us all going back there.

That tire fits in there tighter than a nuns nasty. Will not allow much build up of debris. May chip paint off too.

Show us your build pictures and a ride report whne you get busy on your ML

Best of luck..
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by phatphil

if it wasn't for this board i would not have known what size seatpost to use

Great post! as far as the tire goes, I've got a Nev 2.35 and it rubbs the ST bridge, and it's managed to be fine. It won't take long for the tire to wear enough to have plenty of clearance.

I was kinda bumbed cause the other Nev 2.35's I've run, have room to spare. So I put electrical tape over it, and now the tire's getting worn down enough to where it dosen't rubb but a touch. In my exp you'll soon have plenty of clearance.

Bike to the Bone...
    Nice post..

I think that Titus reduced the info. on the 2006 site. I *think* that information about post size, and front der were posted when I bought mine in 2005.

I have Nevegal 2.1 on the rear without any clearance issue. By the pic, the Cortez is a way taller tire than my Nev 2.1

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I better change my order for tires from a 2.5" Nevegal to a 2.35". I suppose I overestimated the tire clearance on the ML.

It seems like tire height is more of an issue than tire width, and height is dependent on the width of rim you're using as well. Still, probably best that I go with a 2.35" to save myself some grief.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    That tire fits in there tighter than a nuns nasty. Will not allow much build up of debris. May chip paint off too.
    Revision from experience: WILL chip paint off. And if your tires are good at trapping pebbles you'll hear an occasional rhythmic thht thht thht thht thht noise that'll at first make you think you're losing air from a tire.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by miufahkiu
    It seems like tire height is more of an issue than tire width, and height is dependent on the width of rim you're using as well.
    very true. plus it's so hard to say based on size, one MFG's 2.6 is anothers 2.1. I just broke in some new rubber last night and will post a review in another thread. The Geax Sturdy 2.25 is a nice fit- %90 as big as that kenda 2.4, just enough clearance and a nice tire too.

"Its All Good"
    This is the clearance on the Nevegal 2.1, it is worn a little. Can imagine there is not a huge amount of clearance with a 2.35 Nevegal...................

mmmmmmm not as tight as PhatPhils, been a round abit, is is fresh and new....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

searcher
    here's my problem of the tires that I use. They turned out to be a bit big in the rear, but they are 2.0 Resolution Pro tires from Spec.
    I had to put electrical tape on the bridge as you can see, (was a bit late), but I still like this tire, a very good all rounder, corners great, and seem to last forever.

tire clearence on ML
    Kovi

searcher
    And yes , this forum was a great help for me as well when I built up my ML.
    Kovi