Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Titus Bugitis

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Titus Bugitis

I am not sure what has come over me? Since visiting the Titus forum and deciding to buy a Motolite, I have come over with a compelling disorder which requires me to visit this page everyday and find out what is going on...I am now going to have to reduce the size of my stem and possibly fork out for some of those fancy Magura breaks. Damn you all Fortunately, I haven't changed my mind over the EG/Motolite battle. Thanks again and top riding to you all. Peace, until the next purchace

Ti is addictive
    You really need a Ti bike as well........
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

"El Whatever"
    Welcome on board, bro!!!

What you have is UGI (short for Up-Grade-Itis)... it's a terminal chronic disease and it will dry up your pockets of you don't have a wife to stop you or a fluid income.

Magura's are great... Great brake, benchmark in industry Customer Service and 5 years warranty. You can still find around older Magura Louise brakes being sold for peanuts. If not, the BAT's are not really that expensive. Marta's if you do XC and want one of the lightest brakes in the market, Marta's SL if you want to go for even lighter and blingy.

But in all honesty, the Louise BAT 180/160 are the pure shizzle and without a considerable weight penalty.

Another good option are the Fomula's Oro series... the only other brand I would consider. Starting from the K18 who no one looks at because they're cheap but they're the same brake as the K24 minus the pad contact adjustment. The Puro's are the blingy version with lighter fasteners and carbon levers... And above the food chain is the Bianco, the brake Greg Minaar uses.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    wow! I think it and u chaps reply. must catch some sleep eye, so i can keep an eye on the ti

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hey Warp,
    Do you ever have that thing where you let go of your lever and it pops out beyond where it is supposed to so that you have to reach just a bit further to grab the lever click it back into place? Not that big an issue but it happens to me all the time with my Louise brakes.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolden Gears
    Hey Warp,
    Do you ever have that thing where you let go of your lever and it pops out beyond where it is supposed to so that you have to reach just a bit further to grab the lever click it back into place? Not that big an issue but it happens to me all the time with my Louise brakes.
    Nope, bro.

Maguras are famous for being a bit slow on the return of the lever, so your issue sounds weird.

I'd take the time to dismount the lever and check everything. Maybe your lever got some kind of play at the pivot or the point where it pushes the master cylinder.

Take a look at the Master Cylinder too (but do not open it!!!)... It sounds very improbable as the Master cylinder in the Louises is sealed with a rubber boot, but I had inconsistent travel in my levers on the Julies. I popped the Master Cylinder out and found it needed some cleaning.

Eventually, magura replaced the whole lever as they don't have parts for the Master Cylinder available to the public.

If it really annoys you, give Austin or Lonnie a call at Magura. They'll make you happy no matter what. They don't know the concept of "unhappy customer"
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dareverend
    I am not sure what has come over me? Since visiting the Titus forum and deciding to buy a Motolite, I have come over with a compelling disorder which requires me to visit this page everyday and find out what is going on...I am now going to have to reduce the size of my stem and possibly fork out for some of those fancy Magura breaks. Damn you all Fortunately, I haven't changed my mind over the EG/Motolite battle. Thanks again and top riding to you all. Peace, until the next purchace

quoting Titus Forum Guideline 4 : "not a month shall pass before a new part arrives and is fixed in place"

banned
    Hey AM, tell him what tyres to spec!!!!!!!!! Or do you want me to?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE JONES
    All allow you the honour Mr Jones !~!

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE JONES
    Eddie... once we're at it...

Lobo Loco, Sturdy or Datura??
    Where and why??

Thank you, sir!
    Check my Site

banned
    Sturdy because of the volume on the 2.25. Being a clyde, I need it. IMHO it is not the best in any category but it also doesn't suck in any either. If I were going to ride on a trail and I didn't know what the conditions were going to be I would take the Sturdy. Besides, it is such a tall tire it just looks cool Lobo Loco' okay but not as good as the Sturdy, more rounded profile though and can take an extreme lean angle on compacted hardpack. Wouldn't really want them on my bike if it were wet outside. The tread pattern is tight and it would pack with mud and not let go (I think). Saguaro, on the twenty niner. Rolls really fast, good volume, okay grip. If I were lighter (and a racer) would probably make a helluva race tire for a 29er. But in all honesty on the 29er I, being a lard-butt, prefer the Rampage or Nev. So, on the 26er definitely the Sturdy, on the 29er the Rampage or the Nev. But I change tires all the time so who really knows what I'll be on this weekend (IRC Mibros, Hutchinson Spyders, Blue Groove/Nev Combo, Exiwolfs.....etc....the list goes on and on. What can I say?

"Its All Good"
    Well I am going with a Nobby Nic 2.4 Evolution and a 2.4 Big Betty for the rear....... Should be here tomorrow, mount them, well not literally, then ready to rumble on the ML, Ti ExoGrid ML TiEndo....................Yeah ha, some days leave and loads of riding....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    dareverend... Welcome to the Titis area, looking forward to seeing some pics of your new steed. Enjoy and ride it hard.................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    dareverend... Welcome to the Titis area, looking forward to seeing some pics of your new steed. Enjoy and ride it hard.................
    cheers good to be here

as the topic has changed to tires. what are the thoughts on wtb timberwolfs. i have fitted 2.3 to front and back to my khs for the wet season. they have been good and very grippy but they do seem a tad on the heavy side?Until i visited this page I didn't realise the huge difference they can make. Would they role better if i put a 1.95 on the back? there is not a huge choice of tires for me here. mich or wtb that i can see at the moment but i am going back to the uk for the summer. i would like a good alround tire for my moto for summer hot season riding that would hold its own if the rain hits. weather can be a bit unpred in the tropics. one week could be nice and dry and the following can be a mud bath.

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    quoting Titus Forum Guideline 4 : "not a month shall pass before a new part arrives and is fixed in place"
    AM, i think pointing out the benefits of having a new rear and front shock is in order

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by barelylegal
    AM, i think pointing out the benefits of having a new rear and front shock is in order
    And tyres... is hard to keep up with everyone's tyre selection... Lots of tyre ho's here...

AM has gone wild from Crossmarks to Sturdy's!!
    (Just to point an example).
    Check my Site

ಠ_ಠ
    Well I am going with a Nobby Nic 2.4 Evolution and a 2.4 Big Betty for the rear....... Should be here tomorrow, mount them, well not literally, then ready to rumble on the ML, Ti ExoGrid ML TiEndo....................Yeah ha, some days leave and loads of riding....
    dude hate to be a hater, but i doubt your big betty is going to fit on the rare of the MotoLite.
    Big Betty up front / Nobby Nic in the back should work, and would be a fair dinkum combo!

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    dude hate to be a hater, but i doubt your big betty is going to fit on the rare of the MotoLite.
    Big Betty up front / Nobby Nic in the back should work, and would be a fair dinkum combo!
    Second that motion... Anyway, I think the BB is a terrific front and the NN is a terrific rear (and front too).
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by barelylegal
    quoting Titus Forum Guideline 5 : "not a year shall pass before a new front or rear shock arrives and is fixed in place"

Ti is addictive
    Well I am going with a Nobby Nic 2.4 Evolution and a 2.4 Big Betty for the rear.........

I agree with Duly and Warp........Think the 2.4 BB will fit the front, but gonna be really snug in the back......NN in the back should be fine.

But, it never hurts to try right Whafe???????
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

"Its All Good"
    dareverend - I wouldnt run a thin tire like a 1.95, too thin I feel. Long and thin, goes right in....

A good allrounder I have always liked the Maxxis Minnion DH tire. Yep, am from New Zealand though....

Am trying the Big Betty and Nobby Nic this time around... And yes I had better get them the right way around...

Fella's, thanks for the heads up on the tires, Big Betty up front and Nobby on the rear.....

So reading some good stuff on the riding in Flagstaff......

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    paneristi just got in touch and recommended kenda nevgal 2.1. Turns out we both live in jakarta and I am buying my moto from the same shop he did with virtually an identical build!!!!!! The worlds a small place.....

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolden Gears
    Hey Warp,
    YG, I double checked...

I have that same "pop". Indeed it's some play in the lever... but it's already made like this.

I'm uploading a little video and contacting Magura about it.

I don't consider it a defect, and I have never noticed it until you brought it up but I agree that many people would live happier with out it. It's more acute when you dial out the BAT (more lever travel).

They're still in time to correct it on the new 2008 and maybe retrofit it to current 2007's.

Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by dareverend
    paneristi just got in touch and recommended kenda nevgal 2.1. Turns out we both live in jakarta and I am buying my moto from the same shop he did with virtually an identical build!!!!!! The worlds a small place.....
    small world for sure. Nevagals are a good tire, thats a better size than the 1.9... All good

screamer
    Dav:
    I've not ridden the WTB timberwolf, but have had good luck with the WTB MotoRaptor. The 2.1 isn't too heavy, good in the dry, and decent in the wet for when you get back to old Blighty!

Having said that, I'm a steady fan of the weirwolf in dry conditions, but right now am having a sordid little fling with the Nobby Nics (2.2 rear, 2.4 front). Filthy and depraved, I know...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast