I wonder why?

Thule T2 Hitch Rack Bike Theft Warning!!!!!

Anyone who has, or is considering, a Thule T2 hitch rack should beware that the locking system is easily circumvented.

See my post in the General Discussion Forum http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...35#post3265635

i1dry?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Thanks for the "newsflash."

"Its All Good"
    Some normal posts from you i1dry would be great too, you have up and left us all...............LOL
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

I wonder why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Some normal posts from you i1dry would be great too, you have up and left us all...............LOL

I know... I know...

Work is killing me right now. I need to clone myself three times over.

As you know I can't make the Whister trip due to a business trip over the same period. And I can't bail on the work thing as the trip's worth about $250K.

What's a guy to do?

i1dry?

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by i1dry
    I know... I know...

Work is killing me right now. I need to clone myself three times over.

As you know I can't make the Whister trip due to a business trip over the same period. And I can't bail on the work thing as the trip's worth about $250K.

What's a guy to do?

i1dry?
    Totally understandable..... Work, tell me about it, sick of having conference calls at midnight with the USA........We will cross paths again at some stage...

What is the name of your friends hotel in Whistler, may stay there, keep the network and relationships thing flowing....

Be well
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member

I own a T2

Anyone who has, or is considering, a Thule T2 hitch rack should beware that the locking system is easily circumvented.

See my post in the General Discussion Forum http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...35#post3265635

i1dry?
    Yeah, its pretty obvious that you could let the air out of the tire or even pop the front skewer and pull the bike off the rack with the arms locked. As with any rack, they could steal 80% of the parts off the bike. I never leave my bike on the rack anyway, but if I'm traveling and we stop for food, I throw a cable lock around everything I can.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr
    Yeah, its pretty obvious that you could let the air out of the tire or even pop the front skewer and pull the bike off the rack with the arms locked. As with any rack, they could steal 80% of the parts off the bike. I never leave my bike on the rack anyway, but if I'm traveling and we stop for food, I throw a cable lock around everything I can.
    +1. Cable lock through the frame and both wheels and wrapped around the Sportworks rack.
    Titus Racer X
    Lynskey Singlespeed

I wonder why?
    Totally understandable..... Work, tell me about it, sick of having conference calls at midnight with the USA........We will cross paths again at some stage...

What is the name of your friends hotel in Whistler, may stay there, keep the network and relationships thing flowing....

Be well
    It's called the Pinnacle Resort Hotel http://www.whistlerpinnacle.com/hotel.htm Send me a PM if you want my friend's name.

If you've got some time after Whistler, stop by on your way back to Spain for some good 'ol eastern singletrack. I'll be back from Florida on the 2nd.

Be well yourself.

i1dry?

"Its All Good"
    It's called the Pinnacle Resort Hotel http://www.whistlerpinnacle.com/hotel.htm Send me a PM if you want my friend's name.

If you've got some time after Whistler, stop by on your way back to Spain for some good 'ol eastern singletrack. I'll be back from Florida on the 2nd.

Be well yourself.

i1dry?
    Thank you for the link. Would stop by, but have booked and paid for the flights...

Is the hotel worth 139 Canadian per night in your opinion..... Be ok if I had a Doris with me but just for me, may well be a bit OTT

I wonder why?
    Thank you for the link. Would stop by, but have booked and paid for the flights...

Is the hotel worth 139 Canadian per night in your opinion..... Be ok if I had a Doris with me but just for me, may well be a bit OTT

It's not a big hotel but very comfortable. All the rooms have fully equipped Kitchenettes.

It's a nice clean place and almost in the middle of the town center, so everything is within walking distance (restaurants, grocery, lifts, etc.). They have covered parking so you have a place to work on your bike, if needed).

If you are bringing a bike, I'm sure they have a place you can lock it up. I'd check though. Whistler is notorious for bike thefts, so it's something you should consider wherever you stay.

Let me know if you want me to place a call for you.

Good luck.

i1dry?