Thread: Thanks Titus...

mtbr member
    May 2005

Thanks Titus...

A simple thanks to a company that has, and continues to crank out great bikes in tough times. Titus is one of very few shops that make Ti FS bikes, and even less with their own rear triangle (FSR). Ti FS bikes in three flavors - EG, FTM and X, and custom if you wish. A Ti hard-tail Fireline is a nice choice and custom is an option again. Mix in some Exogrid on the FTM, X or Fireline if you like or go with an AL version of the EG, FTM, ML, X or RX. How about a steel/exo Fireline hard-tail? CF-X? 29'er? You can have one of those as well. I have owned three Titus bikes and have nothing but bomb proof rides and perfect customer service.

A small group of people that continue to offer all of this is not easy I'm sure. Thanks for making these rides.
    Last edited by orthorex; 04-17-2009 at 10:31 PM.

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    A simple thanks to a company that has, and continues to crank out great bikes in tough times. Titus is one of very few shops that make Ti FS bikes, and even less with their own rear triangle (FSR). Ti FS bikes in three flavors - EG, FTM and X, and custom if you wish. A Ti hard-tail Fireline is a nice choice and custom is an option again. Mix in some Exogrid on the FTM, X or Fireline if you like or go with an AL version of the EG, FTM, ML, X or RX. How about a steel/exo Fireline hard-tail? CF-X? 29'er? You can have one of those as well. I have owned three Titus bikes and have nothing but bomb proof rides and perfect customer service.

A small group of people that continue to offer all of this is not easy I'm sure. Thanks for making these rides.
    Have you been drinking?
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Nah. Just a small business owner. A little praise when deserved never hurts.

dog
    sit! stay!
    yeah, why not? Titus has definitely contributed to putting pressure on the industry to improve designs to come up with better and better performing bikes...

i think it's pretty sweet when the little guys kick butt on the big guys and force them to make better stuff
    i need to develop my crashing skills...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Have you been drinking?
    You'll know when he's been drinking...he puts up naked pictures of his dog!
    [SIZE="2"]"You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing!" - Unigeezer [/SIZE]

"El Whatever"
    Have you been drinking?
    I dunno about Ortho, but I bet you had...
    Check my Site

mtbr member

Dogs are always naked

Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13
    Or at least they should be.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominator13
    My dog is always nude. He likes to be that way. You have uppity friends that like to dress up their dogs Dom.

mtbr member

Dogs should only wear clothes on Halloween!

I take pictures of my dogs WITH clothes on when I have been drinking!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr
    Excellent! Here is Gracie getting in touch with her "feline" side:
    grace.JPG

Ti is addictive
    It is a good idea to say Thanks to Titus new and old for all the great bikes they have made past and present.

Each passing month, their new line is looking better and better. Revamped kits for their bikes shows that they are listening to their dealers and customers (I have for the last 3 years thought their kits were overpriced compared to their competition ie Yeti, SC, Turner and even Pivot). Finally they have some kits blinged priced reasonably.

I thank Jeff for being the heart and soul of Titus right now. Not only is he the marketing voice, he goes out of his way to get feedback from past customers and to their feelings about promotions and products. He just doesn't do it in as Homerisc manner as other manufacturers on MTBR....PM's and personal emails are great.

I thank Titus for doing what it can to still be around for us for us in the future. It may upset some how they do it (myself included at times) but it is necessary if we want them to stay viable for us that may buy another one of their frames in the future or need their help on past bikes.

I would have thanked them more if they had made their garage sale available to all consumers or old patrons.

I would have thanked them more if the design and production team had stayed the same as well. A few years back, a Titus dealer posted a Titus made Frame alongside a ABG made frame and I am still speechless over how much nicer the Titus inhouse frame was over the Litespeed one. However I like the fact that Titus is now accessing a source that can make and manipulate Ti Tubing better then they could which will hopefully improve their new frames even more so.

I will not thank them for going the route of a Canadian distributer (ie another middle man and increase in LBS pricing compared to US pricing). I foresee them pulling a Yeti/SC and bullying their dealers into not selling to International customers if that country has a distributer. Notice how Jenson is not allowed to ship to Canada.

But yes Thank you Titus for my amazing fleet of Titus bikes. Maybe someday I will be able to get another one. As to which one and from where, I do no know YET.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr
    Hey Craig. Love the pics of the Goldens. I could not survive without one.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Excellent! Here is Gracie getting in touch with her "feline" side:
    grace.JPG
    Geo. What breed is Gracie? Looks like the light is on. Nice dog.

Paper or plastic?
    I can vouch for Jeff being a really nice guy. I've met him at SOC for the last 3 years, and he's always cool and stoked to talk about the bikes. Did I say that the new EG is really sweet?
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    Did I say that the new EG is really sweet?
    You did Zorg. I think you should pick one up and bring it straight to Demo. Invite Dom. He'll be forced to part with some hard earned jack.

Paper or plastic?
    You did Zorg. I think you should pick one up and bring it straight to Demo. Invite Dom. He'll be forced to part with some hard earned jack.
    For some reason, the EG is the most underrated bike in their line up, although it's probably their best.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member

Cool!

This guy gets too wound up to dress up, I had to throw the tire over his head. Sure is a lot of fun though.

dog
    sit! stay!
    is this a thread about Titus appreciation or dog pictures?

... (this would never happen on the Turner forum )

i agree with zorg's comment as well... although i have not ridden the FTM...

i need to develop my crashing skills...

Trophy Husband
    Geo. What breed is Gracie? Looks like the light is on. Nice dog.
    Gracie is a mutt...30% german shepard, 30% border collie, 30% black lab, and 95% demon.

She shoots first and asks questions later.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    I thank Jeff for being the heart and soul of Titus right now. Not only is he the marketing voice, he goes out of his way to get feedback from past customers and to their feelings about promotions and products. He just doesn't do it in as Homerisc manner as other manufacturers on MTBR....PM's and personal emails are great.
    Yup... Jeff is the man. I don't have good enough words to describe Jeff's contribution to Titus.

Keep up the good job, Jeff! Keep it up, Titus!

oh, and thank you for the Switchblade. It rips.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2006

Thanks everyone for the kind words. To be honest, it is all of you loyal Titus owners that deserve the thanks. Without your continued support we would not be where we are today. We will continue to do our best to bring you the best quality products with the most innovations possibly in hopes of delivering your dream ride. Despite the worldly economic woes, 2009 is shaping up to be a really strong year for us and we plan to build upon that momentum and deliver some knock-out products for 2010. The best truly is yet to come! So thanks again to all of you for believing in our product and we look forward to working with you in the future.

As always please do not hesitate to contact us for any reason.

Ride On!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Thanks Jeff,

I can't wait to see what Titus is going to bring to Interbike this year! Titus is one of the few North American bike companies left.

Sopwithcamel