Stock Racer-X 29er rumors?
I heard this rumor recently:
- Titus is going to start selling the Racer-X in stock sizes, in both Al and Ti.
- The geometry may be a bit different (better standover) than the Asylum, at least for some sizes.
- Pricing will align with current Asylum pricing.
- They would be available in early October, presumably after Interbike.
- Not sure what this means for Asylum as a brand.
Anyone else hear any news on this?
If I am not mistaken, the Ti version with stock sizing is already available http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za...RODUCT.ID=1817
There is a $300 upcharge if you want custom geo.
Have no idea about the rest of the points you make.
I called Titus about this...
I was buying a new Asylum 0- so I thought I would call Titus to ask this very question - since I prefer anodized frames over power coated.
Titus told me they have no "immediate" plans to release the AL RacerX 29er. I asked about interbike and if they would be available after???? They just said no immediate plans.
Reading the writing on the wall.
Speedgoat is discounting the Asylum (free fork with frame)
Titus is saying no "immediate" plans - which means probably will be released in the fall.
Asylum is go bye bye - kind of sad since they developed the great frame.