Get out of town!

Still on a Titus?

Have you taken advantage of the low prices and recently purchased a new Titus bike or frame? I recently picked up a frame (steel exogrid) from Bikerbob. I built it up with parts I used to have on my Sultan. It turned out pretty good but I am going to remove all the decals and swap the crankset and headset tomorrow. As you can see by the snow on the ground I have a little time on my hands! Who is still riding a TItus out there?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Still on a Titus?-titus-1.jpg  

Still on a Titus?-titus-2.jpg  

Still on a Titus?-titus-3.jpg  

Still on a Titus?-titus-4.jpg  

"You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

Big Mac
    I might be, but the 2 I had broke. I likely wouldn't buy another, regardless of the firesale prices.

At Work
    Gonna take the FTM out for a ride tomorrow.
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridin'Dirty
    I recently picked up a frame (steel exogrid) from Bikerbob.
    That looks great! Looks like tight clearance between the seatstays...what size tires are those?
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I got my silver FTM carbon frame yesterday and is it a looker. I am having trouble finding a headset for it. Anybody know of a good headset (cc or c/k) for a 2010 FTM carbon. The head tube is 1 1/8" top and 1 1/2" bottom, but i want to use a fork that had a 1 1/8" straight tube. Any help out there Bob or Mike?

Hueston Woods Trail Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by doralswheels
    I got my silver FTM carbon frame yesterday and is it a looker. I am having trouble finding a headset for it. Anybody know of a good headset (cc or c/k) for a 2010 FTM carbon. The head tube is 1 1/8" top and 1 1/2" bottom, but i want to use a fork that had a 1 1/8" straight tube. Any help out there Bob or Mike?
    I would use the correct Cane Creek headset along with their 1.5" to 1 1/8" crown race to work with your fork.
    Last edited by Bikerbob.com; 01-15-2011 at 03:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    ^ got a link (from maybe Jenson or C/C)? Im going to need one for my new frame as well.

Get out of town!
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    That looks great! Looks like tight clearance between the seatstays...what size tires are those?
    That is a 2.1 Ignitor. I have a 2.25 Ardent that is going on this spring though and it clears too. The seat stays are thin but the ride quility is great on this frame.

My frame came with a Crank Bros headset and as you may be able to tell from the pics there is not enough clearance for the rebound dial to clear the downtube. I wish I would have known how low the stack is on these. I have to find another headset for this bike quick before I start getting a lot of rides in! I now have my old XTR crank on my El Mariachi and a Dues on this bike. I have a Chris King BB for this bike too but I want to find the right tool for the install bc I don't want to scratch it up.
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    According to the latest MBA magazine Titus is closing up shop for good! Sad to hear for sure, but being a former Titus owner myself (FTM), it wasn't hard for one to see the signs of a failing company early on. I hope this doesn't leave those of you still loving your Titus bikes out to dry completely when it comes to getting replacement parts?

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by nzhumpy
    ^ got a link (from maybe Jenson or C/C)? Im going to need one for my new frame as well.
    PM or email bikerbob (from above)...he is a bike shop/Titus dealer.
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member

Not paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by TejasMTB
    According to the latest MBA magazine Titus is closing up shop for good! Sad to hear for sure, but being a former Titus owner myself (FTM), it wasn't hard for one to see the signs of a failing company early on. I hope this doesn't leave those of you still loving your Titus bikes out to dry completely when it comes to getting replacement parts?
    Obviously you havent been keeping track that Titus was bought by Planet X. MBA's info is like three months old by the time it gets to press.

Get out of town!
    Quote Originally Posted by TejasMTB

If something fails on this frame I will be looking for a good Welder (knock on wood)! I had concerns about Titus going under before I bought this bike. Bob, and at the time, Jason at Titus were very professional in responding to my rants. In the end though, I thought the whole idea behind an Exogrid bike was cool and there weren't many companies out there that could, or would make a frame like this so I snatched one up. Glad they are still around and I hope they stick around for a long time. If I had the extra money I would buy a 26er Racer X or X.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Craigstr, I haven't heard that, sorry for my three month old info, that's great news for you Titus owners out there!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerbob.com
    I would use the correct Cane Creek headset along with their 1.5" to 1 1/8" crown race to work with your fork.
    I have been trying to figure this out, too.

The Cane Creek Headset fit finder results do not match their headset model descriptions.

The old Titus complete bike packages offered FSA Gravity SX, FSA Gravity DX Pro and Chris King Inset.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Titanium is for real
    Feb 2008
    That is a 2.1 Ignitor. I have a 2.25 Ardent that is going on this spring though and it clears too. The seat stays are thin but the ride quility is great on this frame.

My frame came with a Crank Bros headset and as you may be able to tell from the pics there is not enough clearance for the rebound dial to clear the downtube. I wish I would have known how low the stack is on these. I have to find another headset for this bike quick before I start getting a lot of rides in! I now have my old XTR crank on my El Mariachi and a Dues on this bike. I have a Chris King BB for this bike too but I want to find the right tool for the install bc I don't want to scratch it up.
    I have the exact same combo of Fox and Exogrid frame. I have used a CC headset with the 5 mm baseplate/crown race

Kristian
    Exogrid addict

searcher
    If something fails on this frame I will be looking for a good Welder (knock on wood)! I had concerns about Titus going under before I bought this bike. Bob, and at the time, Jason at Titus were very professional in responding to my rants. In the end though, I thought the whole idea behind an Exogrid bike was cool and there weren't many companies out there that could, or would make a frame like this so I snatched one up. Glad they are still around and I hope they stick around for a long time. If I had the extra money I would buy a 26er Racer X or X.

I totally understand that you went for it. Exogrid is something really special, a beautiful piece of art. Your bike rocks!
    Kovi

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I am not on a Titus yet- but soon to be, the fire sale was too good an opportunity to pass up.

Has anyone tried running a G Fisher offset fork on a Titus yet or is it just going to throw the intended geometry out? I was planning on swapping everything over from another bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Rockstar and ti Motolite. The Motolite is 3 years with me but still one of the sweetest bikes I've owned. My only gripe would be the light front end.

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by doralswheels
    Bikerbob had no problem hooking me up with the correct Cane Creek headset when I bought my frame from him. He's a good instrument (I almost said he was a tool) for Titus and should be on their payroll.
    i ride bikes

At Work
    I am not on a Titus yet- but soon to be, the fire sale was too good an opportunity to pass up.

Has anyone tried running a G Fisher offset fork on a Titus yet or is it just going to throw the intended geometry out? I was planning on swapping everything over from another bike.
    cane creek has a headset now that can let you adjust the steer tube angle. Not sure if this would work.
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Just finished an 08 carbon racer x with Fox 120mm RLC and 15qr. I'm enjoying it thoroughly... Can't wait for this summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Still on a Titus?-picture-019-1.jpg  

Still on a Titus?-picture-010-1.jpg  

Which frame are you getting and which fork (model, travel)?
    mtbtires.com

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Which frame are you getting and which fork (model, travel)?
    Ti Rockstar, and fork is a Fox F29 RLC Fit (tapered), with 100mm travel. Also what is the seatpost and clamp size?

Ti Rockstar, and fork is a Fox F29 RLC Fit (tapered), with 100mm travel. Also what is the seatpost and clamp size?
    The fork should work well with the HTA. Steering on the quicker side.

I need to get the build specs.
    mtbtires.com

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

build specs

Build specs posted here:

http://tinyurl.com/4ukdr8q
    Last edited by Bikerbob.com; 01-19-2011 at 08:46 PM.