Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,887

    Still no El Guapo reviews/ride reports???!! Where's the buzz?

    What's up with that? Haven't they sold any yet? Or is it just a dog and the titus faithful are afraid to say it.

    I can't believe no one here has one or has some significant time on one. I know they've been slow coming out, but I think December is the last delivery date I heard for the first run.

    Don't leave us hanging. If you got one, let's hear about it.

  2. #2
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,760
    I wanna know too

    (subscribing to thread...)

  3. #3
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    I wanna know too

    (subscribing to thread...)
    crazy light. lateraly stiff. black. nice head badge. as with all titus bikes, it needs a 100mm fork to climb, great traction, but it will cost you front wheel lift, so bring on your tallas or U-turn. pedaling wise.... its a little more supermoto then motolight. Geometry wise its a litle more motolite then supermoto.

    I think it is the perfect bike for blacky. a very nice all mountain, 6 inch trail bike. I perfect upgrade for a motolite guy looking to go bigger. and wont turn you into a slug.

  4. #4
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,760
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    crazy light. lateraly stiff. black. nice head badge. as with all titus bikes, it needs a 100mm fork to climb, great traction, but it will cost you front wheel lift, so bring on your tallas or U-turn. pedaling wise.... its a little more supermoto then motolight. Geometry wise its a litle more motolite then supermoto.

    I think it is the perfect bike for blacky. a very nice all mountain, 6 inch trail bike. I perfect upgrade for a motolite guy looking to go bigger. and wont turn you into a slug.
    Sounds sweet indeed..... now we need some delivery dates... Bob???

  5. #5
    Paste eater
    Reputation: Jwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,418
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    crazy light. lateraly stiff. black. nice head badge. as with all titus bikes, it needs a 100mm fork to climb, great traction, but it will cost you front wheel lift, so bring on your tallas or U-turn. pedaling wise.... its a little more supermoto then motolight. Geometry wise its a litle more motolite then supermoto.

    I think it is the perfect bike for blacky. a very nice all mountain, 6 inch trail bike. I perfect upgrade for a motolite guy looking to go bigger. and wont turn you into a slug.

    If I hadn't of bought my motolite this fall, I'd be all over it...

    (subscribing to this thread as well)

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,887
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    .... as with all titus bikes, it needs a 100mm fork to climb, great traction, but it will cost you front wheel lift, so bring on your tallas or U-turn.
    Hey demo, how much time do you have on the EG?....or just relaying info from interbike etc? Is the front end that much taller than a 6.6? I have no problems climbing with my 6.6 and a 160mm Van36.

  7. #7
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,989
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    crazy light. lateraly stiff. black. nice head badge. as with all titus bikes, it needs a 100mm fork to climb, great traction, but it will cost you front wheel lift, so bring on your tallas or U-turn. pedaling wise.... its a little more supermoto then motolight. Geometry wise its a litle more motolite then supermoto.
    Demo

    Not nice with the misinformation

    edit: KRob, I believe he's pulling your chain
    Extreme stationary biker.

  8. #8
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,378
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Demo

    Not nice with the misinformation

    edit: KRob, I believe he's pulling your chain

    Close assumption though, I'm sure.

  9. #9
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,715
    well he's pulling something!!! Hoping its his chain.............

    You are correct though, been real quite on the EG front.. Is somethign rotting in Denmark ???
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  10. #10
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    well he's pulling something!!! Hoping its his chain.............

    You are correct though, been real quite on the EG front.. Is somethign rotting in Denmark ???
    I rode it on my birthday. go..... demo its your birthday.

  11. #11
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,378
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    I rode it on my birthday. go..... demo its your birthday.


  12. #12
    Do It Yourself
    Reputation: Homebrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,722
    I believe they call it...vaporware!!!
    Long Live Long Rides

  13. #13
    Paper or plastic?
    Reputation: zorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,801
    I think reading here that they were having issues with their first batch of frames that weren't coming in at the desired weight (i.e. too heavy). I could be completely wrong though. The one thing that is sure though is that Titus is a little late bringing the frame to market. Then again, it's always like that when releasing a new frame.

    I've seen a 07 Specialized Enduro SL at Demo yesterday. Does it count?
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

  14. #14
    Goin' Down ain't bad!!!
    Reputation: Dropin%Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    I think reading here that they were having issues with their first batch of frames that weren't coming in at the desired weight (i.e. too heavy). I could be completely wrong though. The one thing that is sure though is that Titus is a little late bringing the frame to market. Then again, it's always like that when releasing a new frame.

    I've seen a 07 Specialized Enduro SL at Demo yesterday. Does it count?
    I went to ride in Phoenix this weekend and my buddy who owns a Titus Dealership here tried to get me a Demo direct from Titus. They said all available bikes are with the rags at this point and nothing is available for Demo. That tells me they don't have many put together and you can read into that what you will. It also tells me Richie and the gang should have a review soon. They seem to be the first ones who get their hands on these things.
    Dug-da-Goat

    "Oh momma, could this really be the end? To be stuck outside of Mojo with the High Side Blues again!!!"

  15. #15
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropin%Dug
    nothing is available for Demo.
    none for me? but I want one real bad!!!

  16. #16
    GASing
    Reputation: funkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    439
    Are any of you guys seriously thinking of buying one?

  17. #17
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by funkle
    Are any of you guys seriously thinking of buying one?
    yes!!!!!!!! but I want a blue one. and no rock shox!

  18. #18
    Trophy Husband
    Reputation: geolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,989
    Nope. Unless I sold the SuMo, but then I'd have to buy a dedicated Whistler bike. Hmmm, I really do like the looks of the Cove Shocker...or the Knolly V-Tach.

    I don't think I could bear to sell the SuMo. It's such a sweet bike.
    Extreme stationary biker.

  19. #19
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,760
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    yes!!!!!!!! but I want a blue one. and no rock shox!
    I am pretty sure your friendly neighborly web-LBS can take care of the shock at least

  20. #20
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    Nope. Unless I sold the SuMo, but then I'd have to buy a dedicated Whistler bike. Hmmm, I really do like the looks of the Cove Shocker...or the Knolly V-Tach.

    I don't think I could bear to sell the SuMo. It's such a sweet bike.
    its all about being greedy. why have 1 bike when you can have 5?

    this would be my collection, if I had my way.
    1. RX
    2. ML
    3. Buckfifty or 6.6
    4. SuMo FR
    5. canfield Bro. formula 1 or M1

  21. #21
    Ti is addictive
    Reputation: TiEndo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,894
    I thought for sure the option was available for a Fox DHX 5.0 Air for the EG.........Or you thinkin goin Rocca on it Demo......
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

  22. #22
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    I thought for sure the option was available for a Fox DHX 5.0 Air for the EG.........Or you thinkin goin Rocca on it Demo......
    titus said they would sell El Guapo with a DHX air option for extra $$$.
    actually, I'd buy with the pearl,and I'll get a coil to swap in....either a roco or a revox.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,887
    Hey!!!! Newsflash. This just in!

    "Aggressively shaped tubes and ultra-lightweight machined parts combine to form a nimble 6” all-mountain trail bike, that’s as much fun going up as it is going down.

    Forged and machined swingarm yolks give the new rear end world class stiffness for solid go-anywhere performance.

    Sophisticated aluminum rocker is built for zero-flex and ultra plush, big bump performance."

    Not only that, but.....

    "From the precision machined bottom bracket and sophisticated rocker, the El Guapo is crafted with a plethora of details to excite the senses. The rider is the focus, with handling and suspension so focused, it almost seems to know what you want...... even before you do."

    Now we're talking. I love those in-depth objective evaluations.

    I'll be in Mesa at the end of February. Maybe they'll have some demos to try by then.

  24. #24
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    the El Guapo is crafted with a plethora of details to excite the senses.
    yes it smells goo too!

  25. #25
    No, that's not phonetic
    Reputation: tscheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,365

    Give the RS shocks a year to mature....

    Quote Originally Posted by KRob
    Aggressively shaped tubes and ultra-lightweight machined parts combine to form a nimble 6” all-mountain trail bike, that’s as much fun going up as it is going down.

    Forged and machined swingarm yolks give the new rear end world class stiffness for solid go-anywhere performance.

    Sophisticated aluminum rocker is built for zero-flex and ultra plush, big bump performance.
    It is a gorgeous bike, no doubt, but I want a re-do demo without the Pearl. In the mean time I got my hands on an MC 3.3 and it is without a doubt the single worst shock I have ever put on a bike. It is soooooo horrible it's not even funny. I would strongly encourage potential Guapo owners to opt for a Fox shock and let other people be the RS guinea pigs. An RP3 on the Guapo would likely be sweet. I loved the Switchblade and SuperMotos we demoed in 05 and felt a little cheated by the shocks that were on the EG.

    While you are waiting...















    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •