ಠ_ಠ

Specialized ENDURO SHORT - NEW DESIGN!

If anybody is in the market for new baggies - these are the *best* shorts I've ever had. They're not cheap and it's almost impossible to find a bargain, but they're worth every penny! Check 'em out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thats right living legend
    They look cool except waaaay too long? Wouldn't they go down to your ankles?

ಠ_ಠ
    They are a bit long; they come down to the center of my knee cap while standing, which gives them a board short look. But while riding they stay over the knee, and they're so damn flexible they don't bind like most shorts I've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    They are a bit long; they come down to the center of my knee cap while standing, which gives them a board short look. But while riding they stay over the knee, and they're so damn flexible they don't bind like most shorts I've tried.

Mid knee's not too bad.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    I agree, I love mine. Great light comfy shorts.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member

I've been stuck on Fox shorts

I've kinda been partial to Fox High Frequency's the last couple of years. They arent too long(top of knee), have a good chamois, lots of pockets and vents, and they dont break the bank (about $70-$80). I have a pair that are three years old that I've worn the crap out of and I still wear em with no holes or tears. On the other hand, I found some Oakley 2.4's on clearance a few years ago and the chamois fell apart in about a month on two pairs!!

Veni Vidi Vici
    I used to wear Oakley's, and you are correct, the chamois wears off in a few rides.. I got it from clearance sale too... I love my pearl Izumi baggies best

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

since this is a Specialized thread....

Anybody know the damping system design on the new Enduro SL DC fork ?~?

It looks very stiff and ready to be mounted on a Titus

the 36 year old grom
    baggy shorts are for guys trying to hide their tiny grapes.

I've yet to find a set of baggies with a top notch chamois. when I do go with baggies, i like the Oakley ballistic. the under short is removable so I can use them with any spandex short I want. there are some nice Pearl izumi shorts that you can cut a few tabs and remove the liner. I should check out your specialized shorts.

but if its hot out... i'm not going to wear baggies, unless I've wearing pads and a full face. then the extra protection is a good idea.

but my favorite spandex short is SUGOi. the chamois are great and they have shorts with durable/matte fabrics that are not shinny aero roady shorts. I really like the formula FX chamois. with a good chamois I can ride a lot more without my backside going to sleep.

so my 2 cents...... is that you find the right chamois for you... then work your way backward. and buy shorts with removable liners.

When You "DO" WEAR Baggies?

Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    baggy shorts are for guys trying to hide their tiny grapes.

I've yet to find a set of baggies with a top notch chamois. when I do go with baggies, i like the Oakley ballistic. the under short is removable so I can use them with any spandex short I want. there are some nice Pearl izumi shorts that you can cut a few tabs and remove the liner. I should check out your specialized shorts.

but if its hot out... i'm not going to wear baggies, unless I've wearing pads and a full face. then the extra protection is a good idea.

but my favorite spandex short is SUGOi. the chamois are great and they have shorts with durable/matte fabrics that are not shinny aero roady shorts. I really like the formula FX chamois. with a good chamois I can ride a lot more without my backside going to sleep.

so my 2 cents...... is that you find the right chamois for you... then work your way backward. and buy shorts with removable liners.

Its good to see you finally coming out of the closet. sinner...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I prefer Stubbies Cricket Pant personally...

ಠ_ಠ
    ...the Enduro shorts do have a removable liner.

I actually cut the chamois out of my Sugoi Gustav shorts, which are too binding to ride in, out. Now I can use the Specialized Enduro shorts with either the removable chamois that came with it, the Sugoi chamois, or a top shelf Specialized bib I bought on sale a long time ago when I thought I might do some XC racing.