mtbr member

Wink Some new parts for stinky P.

I've wanted to try out some 165mm cranks for a while. Hips have been getting sore and I wondered if it was from over extension of my legs. I have my seat setup as per the "rules" and it feals good most of the time but on longer rides my hips feal sore. Boss found these the other day on blow-out through BTI, gravity mega-exo 165mm with 22-32 bash. They look great but, man what a boat anchor! I guess it was about the cheapest I could buy a set of good 165mm cranks though.

Now if it'd quit raining long enough to get out of the drive way.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Been on 165mm for almost a year now... not looking back.
    On the contrary to all the cons associated with shorter crank length... it works better for me on the EG. Shorter feels better with heavier bikes esp cranking up.

Only adjustment I had to make is double or triple shift once at the bottom of roller before the first part of a climb back up...it spins out too quick otherwise.

searcher
    Stinky P looks dirty and the cranks look solid. My Stylo cranks are 175! Just checked. Would it be better on a shorter one? I am not a tall guy either. 5.11.
    Kovi

mtbr member
    Well I'm built like a weiner dog, long in the middle and short on both ends, so in theory it should work for me. I havn't had a chance to try it out yet but should be out later today or tommorow.

If you've got anything past a large bike I belive most manufacturers ship bikes with 175 cranks. Mediums get 170 from what I've seen. Best thing I could tell you is find a cheap set and give it a shot. Math can only tell you so much

mtbr member
    Tried this out this thursday night. I like the crank arm length alot! However, gravity spec'd a four bearing bottom bracket with these cranks. It makes the width of the cranks huge. if it wasn't for that I'd keep these on the bike for good.

But for a cheap try-out I'm really happy with 165mm cranks