Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: So what's new?

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jdcatnau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    683

    So what's new?

    After coming back from interbike I am curious to see or read what is coming next from Titus?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,898
    I don't think they went to it?
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jdcatnau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    683
    They didn't that's why I am asking... What's new? The website hasn't been updated for a while and I was just curious if something is in the mix or are there issues in Titusland?
    Last edited by jdcatnau; 09-29-2012 at 04:11 PM.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,898
    I got an email form on one about a huge sale so id say they are busy shipping bikes.
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    61
    Well hopefully they shipped mine since I ordered it 30 days ago and haven't received it yet :/

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jdcatnau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    I got an email form on one about a huge sale so id say they are busy shipping bikes.
    Yeah, I received that email as well. Something like On One is moving their warehouse from Ohio to Oregon and that they are going to purchase an old Italian bike company. I'm waiting patiently for the carbon rockstar, but it feels like it's a mythical creature much like like the El Guapo 29er.

    After seeing what the majority of other companies are doing, I am curious to see what Titus has up it's sleeves. I know that the Intense Carbine 27.5 was a hit at Interbike, so much so, that I have 10 friends placing orders for them. The bike was flickable in the air and it rolled through the rough very well at Bootleg Canyon (my Motolite and I spent 4 years in Vegas so I know what benefit that is out there). I think an El Guapo 27.5 would be a great AM bike. However, I know Brant feels that the 27.5 is just a fad so it will probably not happen.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    Yeah, I received that email as well. Something like On One is moving their warehouse from Ohio to Oregon and that they are going to purchase an old Italian bike company. I'm waiting patiently for the carbon rockstar, but it feels like it's a mythical creature much like like the El Guapo 29er.

    After seeing what the majority of other companies are doing, I am curious to see what Titus has up it's sleeves. I know that the Intense Carbine 27.5 was a hit at Interbike, so much so, that I have 10 friends placing orders for them. The bike was flickable in the air and it rolled through the rough very well at Bootleg Canyon (my Motolite and I spent 4 years in Vegas so I know what benefit that is out there). I think an El Guapo 27.5 would be a great AM bike. However, I know Brant feels that the 27.5 is just a fad so it will probably not happen.
    i am curious how 27.5 will hang too. seems a lot of companies are jumping on board. no idea if it will be the new demise of 26" wheels or not yet. would like to try one, but truthfully i'm happy on 26".

    must suck to be an lbs though nowadays. three mtb wheel size frames to stock along with tires/tubes/forks. damn, it'd be a big gamble

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: nyrdrms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    227
    I'm a Titus fan from way back and even did some BMX racing on the Jack Flash that Planet X use to make. Love their bikes and graphics. Unfortunately, their stance on 27.5 (which was their stance on 29ers back in the day) has pushed me to look elsewhere. I just purchased a 2013 Blur XC which will fit 650B without mods. Yes a little high in the BB area. I've been racing a 650B up front for 2yrs now and it is definately an advantage for me and the way I like to ride. I tried a 29er and just didn't find it as fun to ride. Would have it been faster racing?? Can't answer that, but winning isn't everything. Got to have fun with it to and I just didn't feel right on the 29er. I would like to see TItus do something innovative but I don't think it will be anytime soon.

  9. #9
    J:
    J: is offline
    No E-Drive
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,225

    Good job! 275

    Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    I think an El Guapo 27.5 would be a great AM bike. However, I know Brant feels that the 27.5 is just a fad so it will probably not happen.
    Proper parts would be a very good upgrade, especially for us on a large..

    Don't think jack will happen if there's just dinker fork and tires, EG deserves more beef. I tried to look if that 2013 vengeance was compatible with 27.5 and couldn't find anything on their site
    Last edited by J:; 10-02-2012 at 09:55 AM.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,898
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,352
    I heard a while back that the EG 29 and carbon Rockstar were coming soon. I thought I heard late fall on the Rockstar. I'd like to see the Motolite resurrected in 650B, 67 HA, 13.25" bb, 140mm travel, would be a killer bike. Maybe even a carbon mainframe w/ aluminum stays.
    Sorry Brant.

  12. #12
    Dozer
    Reputation: yeahdog31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    I heard a while back that the EG 29 and carbon Rockstar were coming soon. I thought I heard late fall on the Rockstar. I'd like to see the Motolite resurrected in 650B, 67 HA, 13.25" bb, 140mm travel, would be a killer bike. Maybe even a carbon mainframe w/ aluminum stays.
    Sorry Brant.
    I agree. Bring back that ML as a 650b! And please make the frame anodized. The ano finish on my '07 ML is harder than diamonds!

  13. #13
    J:
    J: is offline
    No E-Drive
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,225
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJ
    Proper parts would be a very good upgrade, especially for us on a large..

    Don't think jack will happen if there's just dinker fork and tires, EG deserves more beef. I tried to look if that 2013 vengeance was compatible with 27.5 and couldn't find anything on their site
    Well here is the answer direct from xfusion @ 1:00



    So I stand corrected, Vengeance w/ DL31 rims nice and wide.. there is non botched parts for EG

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: anvil_den's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJ View Post

    So I stand corrected, Vengeance w/ DL31 rims nice and wide.. there is non botched parts for EG
    The 30mm is announced but I wonder if those Syntace W35 and W40 wheels are gonna be made for 27.5 as well. Extrapolating from the weight posted for the 26", its interesting.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    We have 1 or possibly 2 Titus 650B projects on the grill right now, both with 100% US manufacture!

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,898
    We have 1 or possibly 2 Titus 650B projects on the grill right now, both with 100% US manufacture!
    You cheeky bastard!
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  17. #17
    J:
    J: is offline
    No E-Drive
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,225

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    We have 1 or possibly 2 Titus 650B projects on the grill right now, both with 100% US manufacture!
    high five

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,364
    Excellent
    whatever...

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,352
    Come on Brant give us some more info at least rear travel so we can start drooling.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Come on Brant give us some more info at least rear travel so we can start drooling.
    Well, less than you think I imagine.
    But we are off for a meeting at Kinesis this afternoon, so anything could happen.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,352
    Kinesis opening a facility in the US?

  22. #22
    J:
    J: is offline
    No E-Drive
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,225

    ….

    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    But we are off for a meeting at Kinesis this afternoon, so anything could happen.
    .….…

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Kinesis opening a facility in the US?
    What again?

    No. Not that.

    We didn't discuss 650B there in the end.

    The two 650B projects, for are hardtails.

    As to suspension ones, "we'll see"...

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    What again?

    No. Not that.

    We didn't discuss 650B there in the end.

    The two 650B projects, for are hardtails.

    As to suspension ones, "we'll see"...
    oh my... hardtail i like... gonna be titus or on-one?
    gotta give us more....

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadica View Post
    oh my... hardtail i like... gonna be titus or on-one?
    gotta give us more....
    Titus

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: terrible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,898
    The two 650B projects, for are hardtails
    Bah, anyone can build a hardtail, how about squish?
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: craigstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,352
    Booo...was hoping for a 140mm trail ripper like the carbine 275. That bike rocks, Titus could sell tons of them if they get on the bandwagon!

  28. #28
    screamer
    Reputation: budgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,245

    Don't believe the hype!

    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    Booo...was hoping for a 140mm trail ripper like the carbine 275. That bike rocks, Titus could sell tons of them if they get on the bandwagon!
    Yes, agreed! My message to Brant/Titus would be ignore the hype (ie: business as usual). Have the factory whip up a prototype, take a ride on the 27.5 wheels & form your own opinion. Me, I think it's an improvement -- not a revolutionary change, but a noticeable improvement nonetheless --over 26" for trail riding, which is 90% of the riding I do (and for which I find 29ers to be sluggish & overly long, 36mm forked AM bikes too portly). 27.5 in the 140mm trail category just adds an extra bit of capability & ripability, with no downsides that I can find yet (other than tire choice & 26" frame conversion deficiencies). Titus has a segment to fill here...

    No hype, just my experiences.
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

  29. #29
    J:
    J: is offline
    No E-Drive
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,225
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SYNOroZMSGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  30. #30
    J:
    J: is offline
    No E-Drive
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,225

    new stuffs

    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    The 30mm is announced but I wonder if those Syntace W35 and W40 wheels are gonna be made for 27.5 as well. Extrapolating from the weight posted for the 26", its interesting.
    Saw some new Outlaw 27.5, those in 26 used to be Supra D pretty solid, hope the rims will be available. These, or these lighter ones, are the only thing close though not welded like my supras...
    ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •