Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So what's new?

mtbr member

So what's new?

After coming back from interbike I am curious to see or read what is coming next from Titus?

mtbr member
    I don't think they went to it?
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    They didn't that's why I am asking... What's new? The website hasn't been updated for a while and I was just curious if something is in the mix or are there issues in Titusland?
    Last edited by jdcatnau; 09-29-2012 at 04:11 PM.

mtbr member
    I got an email form on one about a huge sale so id say they are busy shipping bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Well hopefully they shipped mine since I ordered it 30 days ago and haven't received it yet :/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    I got an email form on one about a huge sale so id say they are busy shipping bikes.
    Yeah, I received that email as well. Something like On One is moving their warehouse from Ohio to Oregon and that they are going to purchase an old Italian bike company. I'm waiting patiently for the carbon rockstar, but it feels like it's a mythical creature much like like the El Guapo 29er.

After seeing what the majority of other companies are doing, I am curious to see what Titus has up it's sleeves. I know that the Intense Carbine 27.5 was a hit at Interbike, so much so, that I have 10 friends placing orders for them. The bike was flickable in the air and it rolled through the rough very well at Bootleg Canyon (my Motolite and I spent 4 years in Vegas so I know what benefit that is out there). I think an El Guapo 27.5 would be a great AM bike. However, I know Brant feels that the 27.5 is just a fad so it will probably not happen.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    Yeah, I received that email as well. Something like On One is moving their warehouse from Ohio to Oregon and that they are going to purchase an old Italian bike company. I'm waiting patiently for the carbon rockstar, but it feels like it's a mythical creature much like like the El Guapo 29er.

After seeing what the majority of other companies are doing, I am curious to see what Titus has up it's sleeves. I know that the Intense Carbine 27.5 was a hit at Interbike, so much so, that I have 10 friends placing orders for them. The bike was flickable in the air and it rolled through the rough very well at Bootleg Canyon (my Motolite and I spent 4 years in Vegas so I know what benefit that is out there). I think an El Guapo 27.5 would be a great AM bike. However, I know Brant feels that the 27.5 is just a fad so it will probably not happen.
    i am curious how 27.5 will hang too. seems a lot of companies are jumping on board. no idea if it will be the new demise of 26" wheels or not yet. would like to try one, but truthfully i'm happy on 26".

must suck to be an lbs though nowadays. three mtb wheel size frames to stock along with tires/tubes/forks. damn, it'd be a big gamble

mtbr member
    I'm a Titus fan from way back and even did some BMX racing on the Jack Flash that Planet X use to make. Love their bikes and graphics. Unfortunately, their stance on 27.5 (which was their stance on 29ers back in the day) has pushed me to look elsewhere. I just purchased a 2013 Blur XC which will fit 650B without mods. Yes a little high in the BB area. I've been racing a 650B up front for 2yrs now and it is definately an advantage for me and the way I like to ride. I tried a 29er and just didn't find it as fun to ride. Would have it been faster racing?? Can't answer that, but winning isn't everything. Got to have fun with it to and I just didn't feel right on the 29er. I would like to see TItus do something innovative but I don't think it will be anytime soon.

U $ 4 O?

Good job! 275

Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    I think an El Guapo 27.5 would be a great AM bike. However, I know Brant feels that the 27.5 is just a fad so it will probably not happen.
    Proper parts would be a very good upgrade, especially for us on a large..

Don't think jack will happen if there's just dinker fork and tires, EG deserves more beef. I tried to look if that 2013 vengeance was compatible with 27.5 and couldn't find anything on their site
    Last edited by Deerhill; 10-02-2012 at 09:55 AM.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    I heard a while back that the EG 29 and carbon Rockstar were coming soon. I thought I heard late fall on the Rockstar. I'd like to see the Motolite resurrected in 650B, 67 HA, 13.25" bb, 140mm travel, would be a killer bike. Maybe even a carbon mainframe w/ aluminum stays.
    Sorry Brant.

Dozer
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    I heard a while back that the EG 29 and carbon Rockstar were coming soon. I thought I heard late fall on the Rockstar. I'd like to see the Motolite resurrected in 650B, 67 HA, 13.25" bb, 140mm travel, would be a killer bike. Maybe even a carbon mainframe w/ aluminum stays.
    Sorry Brant.
    I agree. Bring back that ML as a 650b! And please make the frame anodized. The ano finish on my '07 ML is harder than diamonds!

U $ 4 O?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJ
    Proper parts would be a very good upgrade, especially for us on a large..

Don't think jack will happen if there's just dinker fork and tires, EG deserves more beef. I tried to look if that 2013 vengeance was compatible with 27.5 and couldn't find anything on their site
    Well here is the answer direct from xfusion @ 1:00

So I stand corrected, Vengeance w/ DL31 rims nice and wide.. there is non botched parts for EG

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJ View Post

So I stand corrected, Vengeance w/ DL31 rims nice and wide.. there is non botched parts for EG
    The 30mm is announced but I wonder if those Syntace W35 and W40 wheels are gonna be made for 27.5 as well. Extrapolating from the weight posted for the 26", its interesting.

mtbr member
    We have 1 or possibly 2 Titus 650B projects on the grill right now, both with 100% US manufacture!

mtbr member
    We have 1 or possibly 2 Titus 650B projects on the grill right now, both with 100% US manufacture!
    You cheeky bastard!

U $ 4 O?

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by brant View Post
    high five

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Excellent
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Come on Brant give us some more info at least rear travel so we can start drooling.

mtbr member
    Come on Brant give us some more info at least rear travel so we can start drooling.
    Well, less than you think I imagine.
    But we are off for a meeting at Kinesis this afternoon, so anything could happen.

mtbr member
    Kinesis opening a facility in the US?

U $ 4 O?

But we are off for a meeting at Kinesis this afternoon, so anything could happen.

mtbr member
    Kinesis opening a facility in the US?
    What again?

No. Not that.

We didn't discuss 650B there in the end.

The two 650B projects, for are hardtails.

As to suspension ones, "we'll see"...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    What again?

No. Not that.

We didn't discuss 650B there in the end.

The two 650B projects, for are hardtails.

As to suspension ones, "we'll see"...
    oh my... hardtail i like... gonna be titus or on-one?
    gotta give us more....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadica View Post
    oh my... hardtail i like... gonna be titus or on-one?
    gotta give us more....
    Titus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast