Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

So what bikes/products do I need to ride/checkout at Interbike?

DSP Racing is sending me to Interbike as an Exhibitor Athlete/Guest. I have the entire day Monday to spend at the outdoor demo riding bikes. Titus isnt going to the show so checking out the new stuff they will be offering isnt an option.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Turner Burner
    Thomoson dropper seat post

Outcast
    Well, do you get to check out the latest from DSP?
    What has kept me from buying their coil shock for my EG has been the mixed reviews; some people absolutely dig them, others loathe them. I'm looking at getting an Avalanche shock for my EG in the not so distant future; I have had tremendous satisfaction with Craig's product. What can DSP do to sway me their way?
    I contacted DSP regarding a 7.5 by 2 for another bike which they had already advertised as being available, which they informed me was not available. They had issues with anything under an 8.5 by 2.5. So I get concerned about the tech skills they actually have. Made overseas, for a Canadian company; I get shaky knees regarding customer service.
    Anyway,... do you have the option of checking out their goods?
    Thank you Craig.

mtbr member
    Honestly, the Avalanche will outperform the DSP, hands down. DSP's products are produced by Duroshox (huge oem supplier of automotive shocks)in Taiwan, its an inexpensive coil for the masses. However the Kronos springs are very high quality, almost worth purchasing the shock just for the spring. They arent produced for a canadian company, S4 just distributes them in NA. The shorter lengths are in prototype stages right now, I know a tester who has one on a Blur TRC and loves it (and he is a suspension snob). If you want CS, stick with AVY. That being said, S4 has massaged the internals of my DSP on my Delirium, its a pretty sweet shock.
    Last edited by craigstr; 09-05-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Let the good times roll.
    I've been considering a 29er AM hardtail as a 2nd bike for training rides. I'd love to get a ride report on the Diamondback Mason and Trek Stache - those are the 2 I'm mainly considering now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr View Post
    DSP Racing is sending me to Interbike as an Exhibitor Athlete/Guest. I have the entire day Monday to spend at the outdoor demo riding bikes. Titus isnt going to the show so checking out the new stuff they will be offering isnt an option.
    Yo Craig... u have any info whether internals of of the smaller shocks are different compared with the 8.5 x 2.5

Im waiting to have one of the smaller size, a 7.875 x 2.25 to arrive for some testing on another bike. But any additional info bits would be good to get the bike setup and maybe to expect on the rides.

Only thing I can tell from the diff in the older 8.5x2.5 and the new one on my EG is the rebound. Rebound tune range seems a lot narrower in the newer version. If there is any changes to the compression --its probably not affecting my weight range.

mtbr member
    With the way you've been going back and forth from 29 to 26, try a 650b and let us know what you think. Something AM with 6+" of travel and big tires (2.3+)

See if fox is already getting rid of the CTD junk.

Find the schwable booth and ask them why they make their tires out of gold.

Go to the specialized booth and ask them why they don't have a bike between the enduro and the demo anymore.

Thanks! and have fun
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Sweet

Delirium

Everything 27.5 w/@ 155mm you can get you hands on...2.35-2.4 tires if possible
    Last edited by Deerhill; 09-06-2012 at 07:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    If fox is really getting rid of the 36 160 fork? please flip them off and tell to eat a d!ck

Let the good times roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible View Post
    Go to the specialized booth and ask them why they don't have a bike between the enduro and the demo anymore.
    There's not much need IMO with the 180mm Enduro Evo, 170mm single crown Status, and 100mm Evo SX.

what's that rattle?
    Check out the ~5" 29er full suspensions - split the difference between the Rockstar and EG: Yeti SB95 carbon, Intense Spider 29, etc. Preferably with carbon rims.

I would also be interested to hear your thoughts on the Chilcotin/Scratch/Other 6" AM bikes vs. the EG.

Bonus points for finding cockamamie road products at the indoor show which have already had their display samples broken.

mtbr member
    Knolly insnt registered as an exhibitor so it looks like demoing a Chilcotin or new Delirium is out of the question. I bet Noel will be there with a prototype though. Specialized and Trek require you to be a dealer to demo their bikes, so anything they make is out of the question. Very interested in the 650B Carbine and Scott Genius line. Anvilden...not sure about the shorter shocks, I will find out though. Just had the worst training ride...went solo because it was last minute because it rained last night, 9 miles in the Tahoe Rim Trail I get a pinch flat, my spare tube presta valve breaks off after I pump it up. I try patching the old tube but the snakebites are too big, I try a 26" tube I have in my pack and because its so tight it pinches when I inflate the tire. I patch the pinch holes and get it to inflate and am able to ride a couple miles before the patches fail. Patch it again and make it another couple of miles back to a trailhead and the patches fail again. At this point I am out of patches and have 6 miles of road to make it back to my truck, two hours later I get back to the truck. ##@#!!!!!

mtbr member
    I'd be curious to see what an EG rider thinks of the new 650b Norco's.

mtbr member
    I'll have to do a search and destroy early monday on all the 650B's, monday afternoon and tuesday you usually only get to ride the leftovers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeerhillJ View Post
    If fox is really getting rid of the 36 160 fork? please flip them off and tell to eat a d!ck
    Vengeance!

mtbr member
    Hey craigstr, I'll be there too. If I bump in to you I'd like personally thank you for being a great Titus ambassador!

mtbr member

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jdcatnau View Post
    Hey craigstr, I'll be there too. If I bump in to you I'd like personally thank you for being a great Titus ambassador!
    You made my day! And after my ride yesterday I needed something like that.

Ultimated Outsider
    Turner Burner.
    If I disagree with you, it's because you are wrong.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I'll have to do a search and destroy early monday on all the 650B's, monday afternoon and tuesday you usually only get to ride the leftovers.
    DL31 rims!
    Last edited by Deerhill; 09-10-2012 at 10:26 AM.

mtbr member
    You made my day! And after my ride yesterday I needed something like that.
    No problem. You've helped me out with my El Guapo build and you're one of the few Titus ambassadors that I see on here regularly.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    "Legal" performance enhancing products.
    Energy gels, drinks, bars, clumps, chunks, electric prods...
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Registered text offender
    Dec 2011
    Ask the folks at X-Fusion for a follow up on that prototype 160mm USD fork

mtbr member
    What's legal anymore? When is the USADA going to start coming after Red Bull & Monster Energy users?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anvil_den View Post
    Vengeance!
    What weight springs did yours come with?

mtbr member
    I'll bring my list and we'll see how many we can get to. PM sent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast