Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forging Elite Awesomeness

So long specialized, hello Titus

Although I haven't yet got around to changing my sig I no longer ride an S-works. I sold it and it's replacement was a '07 Racer-X Carbon frameset which will be built up as rediculously insane as possible.

So far, I got a handlebar (Bontrager XXX lite Flat) and a chainstay protector for it but thats all. The certainties of the build are:

Selle Italia SLR Carbonio saddle
    Chris King (Ti if I can get ahold of one)
    Mavic Crossmax SLR wheelset
    08' Fox F100RLC
    Thomson Masterpiece post
    Crank Bros 4ti Eggbeaters

It's not built for extreme lightweight rather as close to a perfect blend of strength/lightweight as possible.

Although I have some Ideas for the rest of it, the other parts are yet to be decided. Any suggestions?

"El Whatever"
    XTR or X.0 drivetrain... Marta's or Puro's, FSA Carbon cranks (the new ones)....

Other than that, I'm out of ideas if you don't want to consider Extralie brand components.

Oh, a 5th Air should be nice (yup, I said a 5th Air). Bigger air volume and tunable platform.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Congrats! Can't wait to see it all built up.

My XO triggers, XTR front derailleur and cranks, and XO long cage have been flawless since new (1 year).

Formula Puro's to slow that rocket down!

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Upandatem
    Although I haven't yet got around to changing my sig I no longer ride an S-works. I sold it and it's replacement was a '07 Racer-X Carbon frameset which will be built up as rediculously insane as possible.

So far, I got a handlebar (Bontrager XXX lite Flat) and a chainstay protector for it but thats all. The certainties of the build are:

08' Fox F100RLC
    Thomson Masterpiece post

It's not built for extreme lightweight rather as close to a perfect blend of strength/lightweight as possible.

Although I have some Ideas for the rest of it, the other parts are yet to be decided. Any suggestions?
    Why not an Industry 9 wheelset? Or something laced to CK or hadley?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    Good call. I am patiently () waiting for my I9 AM set. I am tossing the Crossmax SL's. The engadgment is less than nice and the free hub is giving out again.

Quote Originally Posted by rzozaya1969
    I've considered it but I had the SL's on my S-works and grew rather fond of them. I think I'd need to try out a set of I9's before making any changes to decision, problem is I have to find a shop who carries them.

Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Oh, a 5th Air should be nice (yup, I said a 5th Air). Bigger air volume and tunable platform.
    hmmmm...interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    Congrats! Can't wait to see it all built up.

My XO triggers, XTR front derailleur and cranks, and XO long cage have been flawless since new (1 year).

Formula Puro's to slow that rocket down!
    Sounds like you've got a nice build on your ride, are you running a XTR, Sram, or Wipp. chain with your drivetrain?

The decision for what brakes I'm going to run is another tough one. The puros, Marta SL's, and XTR disc all have their positives and I think it's one of those bridges I'll cross when I come to it (meaning after my fork and wheels come in ).

"El Whatever"
    hmmmm...interesting idea.
    Santa Cruz has still some laying around for 99 bucks. The problem will be the hardware, though.

I have one that I use it as a main shock (when it's working )... I think the R-X in Medium and larger, uses the same size shock and hardware (8X39mm and 6X30mm) as my Switchblade.

If you want to try it, it's available. Well, for anyone who wants to try it, that's it.

Logistics to/fro Mexico will be ... uh... interesting, but it's available to be borrowed.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Sounds like you've got a nice build on your ride, are you running a XTR, Sram, or Wipp. chain with your drivetrain?

The decision for what brakes I'm going to run is another tough one. The puros, Marta SL's, and XTR disc all have their positives and I think it's one of those bridges I'll cross when I come to it (meaning after my fork and wheels come in ).
    Thanks. SRAM chain. I love the quick-link thing. I will say that I had the Marta SL's. They are great brakes. However, most of my rides inlclude long descents. At 185 lbs, the Marta's seemed to loose too much power. May be different for you.

No such problem with the Puro's.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Thanks. SRAM chain. I love the quick-link thing. I will say that I had the Marta SL's. They are great brakes.
    one can also run a sram powerlink on shimano chains... works quite nicely too

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Too ghetto...

One would think that Shimano would eat their pride and make something similar so the user doesn't have to go out to get what they want.... they'd sell more chains.

KMC, SRAM, Wippermann, all of them have one... Come on, Shimano! Enter XXI century chains...

I must admit I bought recenlty a Shimano... the shop had ran our of SRAM's...
    Check my Site

Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Too ghetto...

One would think that Shimano would eat their pride and make something similar so the user doesn't have to go out to get what they want.... they'd sell more chains.

KMC, SRAM, Wippermann, all of them have one... Come on, Shimano! Enter XXI century chains...

I must admit I bought recenlty a Shimano... the shop had ran our of SRAM's...
    I agree with you on that... but I still prefer CN-7701 chains... so I spend the extra Euro on the powerlink

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    I know, but like Warp, I don't want to reward Shimano for not bringing the link. If they did I'd look in to it.

I know, but like Warp, I don't want to reward Shimano for not bringing the link. If they did I'd look in to it.
    point taken

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

08' Fox F100RLC
    Thomson Masterpiece post

Congratulations and welcome to Titus

Your new Titus rocket stoke will propel just great with the RP23. It's a nice lightweight featured shock.

If you want to use more travel (without airtime ) just get a high volume sleeve. Better yet, send it to PUSH for it's first service and recieve some bonus upgrades tuned for you.

Looking forward to some nice good clear photos

Veni Vidi Vici
    Looks like youll gonna have a solid bike when its done Good luck on your build SLR looks realy nice...

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Looking forward to some nice good clear photos
    Oh you'll get 'em.

mmm...yummy. How are your SLR's holding up thus far?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I must say, the SLR's have a very fresh
    look! After 4 years of pretty steady service
    from my Crossmax SL's, I thought Industry 9 deserved a look.
    Full report and pics soon.

Ti is addictive
    I-9s have been yummy so far..........Awesome hub from an awesome company

The Shimano 7701 is making its reappearance back on one of my rides.......funny thing was the chain and the powerlink came in cheaper then a SRAM 991 chain.

Any or the brakes choices are awesome, my pick if I had a new ride to build would be the Formula Ouro's or new Hope mini's.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    ..funny thing was the chain and the powerlink came in cheaper then a SRAM 991 chain.
    that is always the case around here with SRAM stuff.... so I only go for the cheap powerlink

mtbr member
    • Crank: 2007 Shimano XTR
    • FD: Shimano XTR or XT
    • RD: either Shimano XTR Shadow or SRAM X.0
    • Cassette: Shimano XTR (light, strong, precise), XT (a bit more weighty, but still strong & precise), or SRAM PG-990 (popular choice)
    • Chain: Shimano CN-7701 (no bling but highly reliable), SRAM PC-991 (popular choice), or KMC X10SL shortened to fit 9sp (I heard they are actually the maker of Dura-Ace??)
    • Stem: Thomson X4 (the Bontrager is O/S, right?)
    • Shifter: SRAM X.0 or Shimano XTR
    • Tires: Kenda Nevegal 2.1 UST
    • Brakes: Shimano XTR or Magura Marta SL or Formula Oro Puro
    • Seatclamp: Tune component
    • Headset: King Ti or Tune component

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi
    [*]RD: either Shimano XTR Shadow or SRAM X.0
    So let me get this clear, the "shadow" XTR derailleur is only an option like the low and high normal is? It's not the only XTR derailleur for '08 is it?

So let me get this clear, the "shadow" XTR derailleur is only an option like the low and high normal is? It's not the only XTR derailleur for '08 is it?
    there are 3 RD options:

1. "standard" high normal
    2. "standard" low normal
    3. shadow (which is high normal)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast