mtbr member
    May 2009

so i'm building up my brand new racerX

first, what's the difference between a racerX and rx1?

i've got the basic stuff on, cockpit, drivetrain, and wheels. everything but the cables and brakes. and i hop on to try out the feel.
    of course, i bought it online so i didn't have a chance to test it out in a shop, but i went with the titus geometry chart. i've always ridden a 17" c-c hardtail, so i figure a size Med with its 15.75 c-c would be perfect. but it feels awefully hi when mounting or straddling the top tube. fwiw, i've got about 6-7 inches of seatpost exposed, which doesn't seem like a whole lot.

right or wrong size? or is this an illusion due to the flat top tube? reach seems to be fine.

King Pin
    It's all about the toptube. Sounds like the reach is fine, but standover clearance is lacking?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    exactly. brings up concerns about dabbing. or just looking like a jackass in the parking lot.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    As long you don't feel cramped or overly stretched out in the rider compartment you should be okay. You may have to play with stem length to get the exact feel you want. The Racer-X has a really long top tube so generally you will need a shorter stem.

Here is a Racer-X set up tip.

Do yourself a favor get yourself a pair of EC90 BAR ends, at 83 grams the way next to nothing and really open up your lungs so you can climb better. It also gives you an extra hand position which allows the blood to flow into the hands which reduce hand numbness and fatigue.

http://www.eastonbike.com/PRODUCTS/BARS/09/bar_ends_ec90_'09.html

Sopwithcamel