Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 161
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,100

    Upset Snap goes the Moto...

    I was riding along doing a fairly mellow ride when all of a sudden Wham! my top tube sheers right off. No drops, no big hits, nothing crazy at all. Hopefully Hammerhead/Titus will pull through for me again. I'm waiting to hear back.

    I have a bunch of rides that are coming up soon too, aaaargh!.
    Last edited by woodyak; 05-30-2007 at 03:19 PM.

  2. #2
    So is your face
    Reputation: celluloid hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    570
    Holy crap! That sucks! That is one nasty break. I hope you're ok. I can't imagine you landed to well when that happened.

    Titus shouldn't have any questions about replacing that puppy, I wouldn't think. That is, unless your idea of a mellow ride includes 12 foot drops in succession.
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

  3. #3
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,830
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    I was riding along doing a fairly mellow ride when all of a sudden Wham! my top tube sheers right off. No drops, no big hits, nothing crazy at all. Hopefully Hammerhead/Titus will pull through for me again. I'm waiting to hear back.

    I have a bunch of rides that are coming up soon too, aaaargh!.
    Ouch... sorry to hear (and see at)....

    Best of lucks with the replacement, I'm positive you'll be sorted out.
    Check my Site

  4. #4
    Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Reputation: crisillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    20,799
    holy crap!

    I hope it wasn't a nasty fall (when it snapped) ... and hope Titus hooks you up fast....
    Last edited by crisillo; 05-30-2007 at 01:52 PM.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    629
    sheesh. that's a mess. hope yer OK. sorry to hear about that.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,100
    I turned out fine. Luckily I was just cruising along on a flat stretch when I was thrown. I did get a small gash in my leg where the top tube cut me and my wrist is a bit tweaked but I've done worse than that on my own.

    Mellow means mellow. Fast singletrack and rocky fireroads. I did a 40 mile road ride yesterday afternoon and played ultimate frisbee for 2 hours last night so this ride was just to spin my legs out.

    I'm not overly concerned about IF they'll take care of me. I'm just concerned about the WHEN. It's prime riding season and I'm stuck on my road bike until this gets fixed...

  7. #7
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    yo FM.... you said this would never happen!!!!!!

  8. #8
    FM
    FM is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,286
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    yo FM.... you said this would never happen!!!!!!
    Bummer woodyak! This after your chainstay, I think it's time for a beefier frame.

    I don't recall saying never.. just that I had put the motolite to the test and it's been very impressive with it's durability.

    Keep us posted. I think Titus should offer you a super-bro deal on a guapo (i.e. difference between retail prices)

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    15

    ANOTHER JRA from a friend of a shop?????

    Sounds peculiar to me? I've seen so many cool shots from all the MTBR members on their cross-country/trail bikes and never a sheared off head tube where the rider didn't admit to some RedBull Rampage like huck fest.
    Looks like it was driven into a garage, at least thats what my frame looked like when I forgot it was up there.
    I don't know the the specifics but a break like that on a new bike, looks more like abuse than defect form manufacturing.

    I'm no expert, and don't claim to be but I'll tell you if I was a manufacturer of any thing and I saw pictures repeatedly posted on any public forum before I resolved whatever the situation was I'd tell the poster to piss up a rope.

    Defect or not someone just poured bong water in my kool-aid and took the least proffessional or cordial approach to getting resolution.
    Just my 2 cents, and that aint worth nothing.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by DayDrinker
    Sounds peculiar to me? I've seen so many cool shots from all the MTBR members on their cross-country/trail bikes and never a sheared off head tube where the rider didn't admit to some RedBull Rampage like huck fest.
    Looks like it was driven into a garage, at least thats what my frame looked like when I forgot it was up there.
    I don't know the the specifics but a break like that on a new bike, looks more like abuse than defect form manufacturing.

    I'm no expert, and don't claim to be but I'll tell you if I was a manufacturer of any thing and I saw pictures repeatedly posted on any public forum before I resolved whatever the situation was I'd tell the poster to piss up a rope.

    Defect or not someone just poured bong water in my kool-aid and took the least proffessional or cordial approach to getting resolution.
    Just my 2 cents, and that aint worth nothing.
    Well I don't know what to tell you. I'm just as surprised by this as anyone. I can assure you that my garage has so much crap in it that I couldn't fit my car in there if I wanted If I broke this off a huge huck I'd be getting what I deserved (and it would be a much cooler story). I've had this frame for about a year and it's taken a ton of abuse. The fact that it collapsed for no good reason tells me that there was some stress cracks building up that could not be seen from the outside or something along those lines.

    My intent of this post wasn't to bash Titus or to twist any arms for a better resolution. I'm going through the proper channels and things are progressing to my satisfaction so far. I have complete faith that Titus will do me right. I am concerned about how quickly I'll get a resolution but I'm sure they'll work something out. I went through the whole LocoMoto debacle with them a few years back and they always took care of me. The reason I posted was simply to show the carnage. Stuff breaks, it's just a bummer it happened to me.

  11. #11
    FM
    FM is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,286
    Quote Originally Posted by DayDrinker
    I'm no expert, and don't claim to be but I'll tell you if I was a manufacturer of any thing and I saw pictures repeatedly posted on any public forum before I resolved whatever the situation was I'd tell the poster to piss up a rope.

    Defect or not someone just poured bong water in my kool-aid and took the least proffessional or cordial approach to getting resolution.
    Just my 2 cents, and that aint worth nothing.
    Honestly, I totally agree with this. Regardless of brand or why the bike broke, not posting snuff pics on the web is sort of "doing a favor" to the MFG, which they might consider when it comes time to make a decision about free frame vs. crash replacement or even no dice.

    That's just my opinion, having worked in the bike industry for a few years when I was younger.

    Another thought: I ride with lots of guys who do 8'+er's on giant reigns, and a few that go 12'+ on nomads with 5" forks, all with no problems. My motolite has seen over a year of constant abuse and is going strong. But, everything up here has a tranny, and none of these guys are heavier dudes. Heavier guys and drops to flat put a lot of stress on bikes, and that blurs the lines around intended use and warranty. I look at stuff in the SW (Like the porcupine rim drop that broke that switchblade) and shake my head- thats bike abuse.

    Woodyak, I have no reason to believe you aren't a smooth rider or a light guy. Defective workmanship is always a possibility, even on high-end frames. Just putting my thoughts out, again my opinions are based on having worked for a shop that made frames, and yeah sometimes the light ones broke.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,261
    Hey Woodyak, didn't your AM1 snap a few months back? Might be realted. Just a thought.

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    The fracture right across the gusset is incredible.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    Hey Woodyak, didn't your AM1 snap a few months back? Might be realted. Just a thought.
    Yeah, it did. I also broke a seatstay on that frame.I've been playing with the suspension trying to make sure that's not bottoming out. The funny thing is that I'm not busting tubes or bending rims. If I was real abusive you'd think that'd be the first sign.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    15
    I get the point of the post I just hate seeing the forums blasted with good products looking like nuclear fall-out. I realize there are a lot of positive posts of builds and documented rides with all the glamour shots. But, this is one of those JRA's stories that will go down in shop folklore. A five inch travel trail bike sending you to the ground while cruising along.
    I hope it all works out, I saw somewhere that someone built a 29lb Supermoto, this is one maybe that will hold up better than the Locomoto's and recently departed Motolite.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Honestly, I totally agree with this. Regardless of brand or why the bike broke, not posting snuff pics on the web is sort of "doing a favor" to the MFG, which they might consider when it comes time to make a decision about free frame vs. crash replacement or even no dice.
    I see your point. I probably should've waited at least until I got resolution. Again I'm not trying to smear Titus what so ever here.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sikocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,619
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Honestly, I totally agree with this. Regardless of brand or why the bike broke, not posting snuff pics on the web is sort of "doing a favor" to the MFG, which they might consider when it comes time to make a decision about free frame vs. crash replacement or even no dice.

    :
    I was thinking the same thing. Why post a pic when it is easier just to call Titus.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,100
    I hear you. I probably should have at least waited for resolution so that I had something positive to say when I posted the pics. I'm not familiar with the JRA story.

    I'm going to ask about going for the El Guapo. I think the SM would be a bit too much for me. I couldn't imagine trying to work one of those in a 24hour race. I had a Quasi before the ML and I'm kicking myself that I didn't stick with it.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,100
    I've asked the moderator to pull the pics for me. It was inappropriate of me to post them.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,261
    Wow. A ML with a snapped seat stay, sheared off head tube, AND an AM1 broken in half. All within a couple months. Crazy.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    Wow! A ML with a snapped seat stay, sheared off head tube, AND an AM1 broken in half. All within a couple months. Crazy.
    I know. I wish my riding was as impressive as my breakage. I break stuff all the time but nothing like this. Last year I couldn't keep a Der. Hangar straight or my drivetrain running. This year it's the major crap.

  22. #22
    FM
    FM is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,286
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    I've asked the moderator to pull the pics for me. It was inappropriate of me to post them.
    Thats a nice gesture of you.

    I think it's a courtesy thing, not a real big deal.... but good on you.

    I may be shopping as well. I LOVED the motolite on my vacation, but here at home, we have lost 2-3 of my favorite XC rides to storm damage last winter, plus the local trails we helped build are definitely 6"+ bike terrain. Things have changed since I bought the motolite....

    I have to say, if Titus oiffered you a guapo, even a a really good deal, I think that would be good service of them. Years ago I had a similar situation with santa cruz, I kept breaking superlights (this was like 2002?) but they wouldn't trade me into a heckler even when I offered to pay wholesale cost. Weird!

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    I know. I wish my riding was as impressive as my breakage. I break stuff all the time but nothing like this. Last year I couldn't keep a Der. Hangar straight or my drivetrain running. This year it's the major crap.
    Aluminium has a long memory, it is not forgiving. My first thought is that the event that snapped the fork, fatally damaged the frame.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,100
    It's the right thing to do. They've always treated me right and I could see how my post could be taken out of context.

    Yeah, I'm leaning towards the EG at this point. I really love how fast and nimble the ML is but I just break stuff too easily. I'm just hoping the wait won't be ridiculous. You can only put so many miles on the road before the voices start getting to you

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    Aluminium has a long memory, it is not forgiving. My first thought is that the event that snapped the fork, fatally damaged the frame.
    Hadn't thought of that. That could easily be it.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: wddamf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    254
    I don't see what the big deal is with posting a pic of a busted frame - it's not like he said "Look what my P.O.S. Titus did to me", or "WARNING - beware of the MotoLite", etc. along with the pic. I enjoy carnage - like car crashes - I don't "hope" they happen but I sure as hell want to see it when it does! Put the pic back up.

  27. #27
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by wddamf
    I don't see what the big deal is with posting a pic of a busted frame - it's not like he said "Look what my P.O.S. Titus did to me", or "WARNING - beware of the MotoLite", etc. along with the pic. I enjoy carnage - like car crashes - I don't "hope" they happen but I sure as hell want to see it when it does! Put the pic back up.
    Just go to his user gallery.

    I'm sure many have saved the pic anyhow. I do agree that it's only proper to go to the company first, then post about your good/bad resolution.

  28. #28
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    PS, is you frame a small or an Xsmall??? do they(the smalls) have smaller diameter tubes then the med and large?

    that frame snap is specaticular. wow!!!!! the tubbing isn't deformed like you would expect if it was from a single catistrophic event. its just snapped.

    dude you put the hurt on that bike. snap the fork, the seat stay and the head tube with in a few weeks.

    you need a huck bike!!!!

  29. #29
    MTB aficionado
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,007

    Am I next??

    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    I was riding along doing a fairly mellow ride when all of a sudden Wham! my top tube sheers right off. No drops, no big hits, nothing crazy at all. Hopefully Hammerhead/Titus will pull through for me again. I'm waiting to hear back.

    I have a bunch of rides that are coming up soon too, aaaargh!.
    I just snapped my ML seat-stay last week. Oh dear

    Regards,

    EndUser
    My advice and $3 will buy you nothing more than a tunafish sandwich - Hobo Jim

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    sorry woodyak

    one of the coolest fractures i've seen

    you just need a good old 4130 steel Canfield Balance.... what's an extra 6 pounds

    can i have your AM lowers

  31. #31
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    That sucks!!! I've still been riding my 20 milers the last couple weeks, but the susp on my bike feels so $hity due to my Marz fork that I can't bring myself to send "back" in for another month, that I've been primarily spending all my time at the BMX track hitting DJ's and the sweet little drops around there. I've been getting some pretty good air too, and come down hard a couple times. everything feels solid as could be so far though.

    The fork really sucks! I've figured out that, that's what was giving me such a hard time setting up the DHX coil. About the only thing it still feels pretty good at is hitten $hit.... hey it's a Zoke.

  32. #32
    banned
    Reputation: 29Colossus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,150
    What a bunch of whining. This is MTBR for the love of Billy! Pictures of broken frames should be posted and loved and cherished and discussed. They are beacons. They are crucibles. We ride the bikes, and the bozos build them. We have no loyalties to them! They prosper, and we test to destruction.

    Banish them into their hovels instead of bending at the waist to take a shovel. Expose the possibilities and let the goldfish suck the flesh from their ripe bones.

    We are the kings.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    Quote Originally Posted by 29Colossus
    What a bunch of whining. This is MTBR for the love of Billy! Pictures of broken frames should be posted and loved and cherished and discussed. They are beacons. They are crucibles. We ride the bikes, and the bozos build them. We have no loyalties to them! They prosper, and we test to destruction.

    Banish them into their hovels instead of bending at the waist to take a shovel. Expose the possibilities and let the goldfish suck the flesh from their ripe bones.

    We are the kings.
    We are the world.

  34. #34
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    That sucks!!! I've still been riding my 20 milers the last couple weeks, but the susp on my bike feels so $hity due to my Marz fork that I can't bring myself to send "back" in for another month, that I've been primarily spending all my time at the BMX track hitting DJ's and the sweet little drops around there. I've been getting some pretty good air too, and come down hard a couple times. everything feels solid as could be so far though.

    The fork really sucks! I've figured out that, that's what was giving me such a hard time setting up the DHX coil. About the only thing it still feels pretty good at is hitten $hit.... hey it's a Zoke.
    Buy a Z1 RC2 while you still can. Marz looks like it's moving backward for a couple years.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    sorry woodyak

    one of the coolest fractures i've seen

    you just need a good old 4130 steel Canfield Balance.... what's an extra 6 pounds

    can i have your AM lowers
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool looking as well.

    No, you can't have them. Marz wouldn't send them back to me. I asked for them back but they said no

  36. #36
    thats right living legend
    Reputation: blackagness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Buy a Z1 RC2 while you still can. Marz looks like it's moving backward for a couple years.
    Yeah I know. You've been slowly convincing me for weeks.

    Next thing you know it'll be too late.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool looking as well.

    No, you can't have them. Marz wouldn't send them back to me. I asked for them back but they said no
    Sorry... I meant the ones on your ML "2"

    Glad you weren't seriously injured.... things could have been far worse.

  38. #38
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    don't go snapping your head tube off at me

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woodyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    PS, is you frame a small or an Xsmall??? do they(the smalls) have smaller diameter tubes then the med and large?

    that frame snap is specaticular. wow!!!!! the tubbing isn't deformed like you would expect if it was from a single catistrophic event. its just snapped.

    dude you put the hurt on that bike. snap the fork, the seat stay and the head tube with in a few weeks.

    you need a huck bike!!!!
    It's an XS. I think the tubing is the same size. It didn't look any smaller than a medium frame that I saw on the trails.

    It had to be some sort of stress fracture that was just waiting for the right time. I remember the bump that snapped it. It was like a 2 inch rounded rock hit at slow medium speed. I wasn't even looking at the rock when it happened. When I rode it on Sunday I hit a couple of 2 to 3' drops but it never bottomed out.

    Some of my trails are pretty brutal. I love taking the XC geeks there. They always b*tch and moan and then they fall

    I used to have a Quasi. Now that was a solid frame. I wasn't thrilled with the geometry but it was pretty damn' tough. I'm going to see if they'll work a deal for the El Guapo. That should be strong enough for me.

  40. #40
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    I used to have a Quasi. Now that was a solid frame. I wasn't thrilled with the geometry but it was pretty damn' tough. I'm going to see if they'll work a deal for the El Guapo. That should be strong enough for me.
    maybe time to step up to a Ti motolite. life time warranty...

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    don't go snapping your head tube off at me
    that's oddly familiar

  42. #42
    ಠ_ಠ
    Reputation: dulyebr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,192
    glad you're not dead Woody! that could have been very bad. you should go to the race track asap!!!

  43. #43
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Yeah I know. You've been slowly convincing me for weeks.

    Next thing you know it'll be too late.
    I got lucky because I hunted around and kept losing auctions on ebay for a couple months and then I found one with black lowers in the classifieds section here. I was very lucky because I don't think I've seen one since, other than new ones being sold for $775. I even covered the entire cost by selling my AM1

    If I were you, the last of them is the Anniversary Z1. To be honest, the ride you're looking for in the AM is what the Z1 offers, but with better reliability, performance, and simplicity. Get the Z1, then throw the TAS/ETA cart in there if it fits and you need it, or just ride the hell out of it.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyak
    It's an XS. I think the tubing is the same size. It didn't look any smaller than a medium frame that I saw on the trails.
    Nope, the tubing on the XS is definitely smaller than the Med. I own a Med and my wife has an XS. You can tell the difference immediately.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I got lucky because I hunted around and kept losing auctions on ebay for a couple months and then I found one with black lowers in the classifieds section here. I was very lucky because I don't think I've seen one since, other than new ones being sold for $775. I even covered the entire cost by selling my AM1
    06 Z1 FR SL $499 at wheelworld.... a few days ago it was $399 with 20% off


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    If I were you, the last of them is the Anniversary Z1. To be honest, the ride you're looking for in the AM is what the Z1 offers, but with better reliability, performance, and simplicity. Get the Z1, then throw the TAS/ETA cart in there if it fits and you need it, or just ride the hell out of it.
    The Z1 Anniversary already has ETA and why would you pull out RC2 for TST ?~?

  46. #46
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    06 Z1 FR SL $499 at wheelworld.... a few days ago it was $399 with 20% off




    The Z1 Anniversary already has ETA and why would you pull out RC2 for TST ?~?
    I never said that. I said put the TAS/ETA cart in the Z1 if he wants travel adjust to replace the plain ETA cart. If not, then ride the hell out of the Z1.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I never said that. I said put the TAS/ETA cart in the Z1 if he wants travel adjust to replace the plain ETA cart. If not, then ride the hell out of the Z1.
    ooops i got TAS and TST confused

    that's a good idea.... Blackie should have a TAS/ETA from his 05 ZAM1

    the 06 Z1 FR SL sounds like a better purchase for him though ?~?

  48. #48
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,466
    Not a fan of the air. The fork just feels perfect as-is with the coil/air setup.

    The Z1 Light is loaded with tuning options, but at the same time, it's brutally simple and well performing.

  49. #49
    the 36 year old grom
    Reputation: demo_slug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolden Gears
    Nope, the tubing on the XS is definitely smaller than the Med. I own a Med and my wife has an XS. You can tell the difference immediately.
    yeah thats what I was thinking, the XS are built for hot chicks.... tell us more about your wife.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hammerheadbikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,781
    He emailed me today the details and the pics
    I am talking with Titus and they want to take care of the customer as do I

    I'll be direct, it appears to me that he is probably exceeding the intended design of the components from the amount of things he seems to break
    the fork failure is a red flag here and absolutely could have introduced a stress to the headtube junction
    I have never seen a Titus with a sheared headtube in 8 years of dealing with them....

    This is getting into gray area on what consitutes "abuse" vs "manufacturing defect"
    Not what some of you may want to hear but it's the honest and direct truth.

    I am however confident we will come up with a workable solution for him...
    Please let us work it out professionaly without a bunch of unneeded drama

    Sincerely

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •