ಠ_ಠ

SixSixOne Moto Lite Knee/Shin Guard

got a saweet deal on these - $18 shipped on eBay. I had to buy 'em just for the name...
    Attached Images Attached Images

thats right living legend

Nice Find!

I*'ve got some Fox 911... "or was it launch?" thier pretty nice but they don't have the name, and I've never used em.

mtbr member
    very nice, i paid more than that for the soft gel ones (veggie wraps?) and these probably run a lot more...

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Good deal . . .

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Good deal . . .I like the design of those pads.

searcher
    Dulyebr, What are you up to with that serious gravity set up? DHX air, shin guards....
    There's something going on here.
    Kovi

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    Dulyebr, What are you up to with that serious gravity set up? DHX air, shin guards....
    There's something going on here.
    ...just getting ready for Whistler!

"El Whatever"
    I got these and used them last sunday....

Check my Site

mtbr member
    May 2004

Still lovin' the Rat

I've been using my CoreRat pads for the last 3 years. They rock Wouldn't leave home without them.

ಠ_ಠ
    I've never ridden with pads. I got some elbow guards for xmas so I figured I should get some shin/knee pads too. I've been thinking about it for more than a year, but just never pulled the trigger.

Do you guys find they bind or slow you down at all?

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    I've never ridden with pads. I got some elbow guards for xmas so I figured I should get some shin/knee pads too. I've been thinking about it for more than a year, but just never pulled the trigger.

Do you guys find they bind or slow you down at all?
    I think I'll follow suit and get some elbow pads and if I keep doing these trails, a FF.

Yeah, they're a bit uncomfortable... especially for us old XC dogs.

I woulndn't event think on wearing them on extended climbs. I use them on some trails where it's all way up-all way down. So I carry them on my pack, then wear them on for the reward.

Yours look much better for "wearability", though. I'd use them all the time but I wanted a guard that would cover the lower portion of the shin.
    Check my Site

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    ...just getting ready for Whistler!
    Ahhh... fatcrobat / in deep..... Love that stretch!

Pads rock, I have two sets. One for serious FR/DH where falling is just part of the ride, for me at least. For those days I go with roach DH pads. On the motolite I have some Fox standard pads, that are small & light enough that I can keep them in my camelback. And they're cheap too! They don't offer tons of coverage but enough to keep the skin on should I take a fall- I throw them on if we are sessioning a jump or stunt, or doing a long technical descent. The 661's are probably even better.

Climbing with pads on sucks. So, pads like these that you can easily remove, without taking yoru shoes off, are the only way to go.

mtbr member
    I have the RaceFace(Roach) Rally FR. Hard plastic with enormous coverage-maybe too much. I have put hard knarly climbs with them and never had a rub. I usually will hang them on the bike frame. For every year I get older the hits take longer to recover and the nads shrink three times more. Wonder if the more pliable pads work as well because that would be perfect. Dainese look nice. Bring an extra helmet and the Whistler patch up center doesn't take insurance so be prepared to pay up front.

the 36 year old grom
    Combo pads don't work so good.. Sure they are easy to put on, but they come off real easy too. Donít kid yourself into thinking you have the best protection.

My experience is that, very often, in a big crash they get turned. the combo pads are one piece, so if any edge of that pad gets snagged... on a tree, a twig, on your handle bars, by the ground... the whole pad gets turned or pulled and exposes your knee. I donít use them anymore.

Separate knee pads and shin guards are the way to go.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l
    I've been using my CoreRat pads for the last 3 years. They rock Wouldn't leave home without them.
    chris97021 is that a giro switchblade you have on i have one of those it's semi-retired i wish giro still made it,most of the time i used it with the face gaurd off, but it was nice to have when i went to a realy rocky trail. of course all the freaking bikepurest/roadfags
    called me names because all i was riding was a old jamis dakar.I told them to STFU
    anyway i wish i could a new one.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboman
    chris97021 is that a giro switchblade you have on i have one of those it's semi-retired i wish giro still made it,most of the time i used it with the face gaurd off, but it was nice to have when i went to a realy rocky trail. of course all the freaking bikepurest/roadfags
    called me names because all i was riding was a old jamis dakar.I told them to STFU
    anyway i wish i could a new one.
    An alternative to the Switchblade can be a MET parachute

searcher
    Shin pads are not comfortable for climbing. I have a pair of 661s, and they give me a bit of confidence for sure, but I still dont use them for epic rides, or the usual XC rides that we have here. I used to switch to flat pedals to learn to do some wheelie, and jumps, they came handy when my feet slipped off from the pedals.
    Kovi

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have a MET Parachute. I was able to pick one up on e-bay. Great helmet.

Ok...

Heres what I have. I got them Christmas before last along with the 911 elbow pads, and I use them ALLL THE TIME!!! Which is when I'm going REALLY BIG!!!! Which is everyday! I never ever use them for HUCKS under 25 feet though.

Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Heres what I have. I got them Christmas before last along with the 911 elbo pads, and I use them ALLL THE TIME!!! Which is when I'm going REALLY BIG!!!! Which is everyday! I never ever use them for HUCKS under 25 feet though.

Ok I've never used them... But just waite!

searcher
    Right. We will wait and see you goin big on the next Titus gathering!
    Kovi

Quote Originally Posted by kovi
    Right. We will wait and see you goin big on the next Titus gathering!

Get out of town!
    I need some new leg armor if you want to hook up a fellow Titus owner....even though my AM bike is a 5 Spot
    "You can't discern by calculating in your mind how it will work. You have to feel how it rides differently to understand."