mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Shock Bushings - Motolite

The shock spacers (aluminum pieces) that insert into the lower (rocker link end) bushing of the RP23 shock on my Motolite have gotten loose. This probably happened over time but was finished off after a very muddy race I participated in. The aluminum spacers are very loose and they wobble in the shock causeing the bike to have about 1/4" of loose movement if you pick up the frame and bounce it.

My question is where is the best place to buy these aluminum spacers and do I also need to replace the press fit steel bushing in the shock at the same time?

The bike is 2 yrs old and has about 1200 miles on it.
    Last edited by chet3; 03-26-2009 at 07:47 AM.
    Chet

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hey,
    What you want is from mtbr4life. He makes a sweet shock bushing tool. Gets rave reviews and it's easy to use. Also there is some great instructions and videos on its use. Just go to the "classifieds" section and put in shock bushings in the search function.

Chris

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris9702l
    Hey,
    What you want is from mtbr4life. He makes a sweet shock bushing tool. Gets rave reviews and it's easy to use. Also there is some great instructions and videos on its use. Just go to the "classifieds" section and put in shock bushings in the search function.

Chris
    That tool and the bushings look good for the bushing on the shock but I still need a source for the aluminum spacers that go into the bushing and fit a 2007 Motolite.

(I revised my descriptions in the original post to say bushing and spacers for the correct terminology)
    Chet

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    those aluminum spacers are usually known as "reducers", you should be able to get them from Fox or from Titus (through a dealer)

if the reducers are worn, the bushings probably are too...actually I would replace the bushings first and if the play remains, then go for the reducers