"You want to do WHAT???!!

Setting up my Motolite questions.

OK, have my motolite put together and am tweaking it. I went to my local bike shop to buy a pump and water bottle cage. Got home and found that I didn't have any mounting screws...any ideas where I can get 4? Are they standard or Titus unique????

Also bought a super discount DB4 wireless basic bike computer, only to find out that there is no way to mount it on the FOX forks and maintain a .2 inch spacing between the magnet and receiver. Any suggestions on what I can use until the family CEO lets me go buy a new Edge 305?

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashGordon
    OK, have my motolite put together and am tweaking it. I went to my local bike shop to buy a pump and water bottle cage. Got home and found that I didn't have any mounting screws...any ideas where I can get 4? Are they standard or Titus unique????

Also bought a super discount DB4 wireless basic bike computer, only to find out that there is no way to mount it on the FOX forks and maintain a .2 inch spacing between the magnet and receiver. Any suggestions on what I can use until the family CEO lets me go buy a new Edge 305?
    I think the screws are pretty standard, so don't worry about it.

About the receiver, why can't you do it? There are several ways to try. One is searching for the other leg of the fork. Other is using something to put between the receiver and fork to farther it away from the fork and closer to the sensor.

"You want to do WHAT???!!

Screws are good!

Thanks on the mounting screws....I bought a stainless steel cage, but am now having thoughts of just taking it back and buying a camelback bag ( I think that is what they are called). That way I can carry the pump, etc and not have another thing mounted to the bike.

On the computer, instructions said to mount to front fork. Tried that, closest I could get to a spoke was about 3/4 of an inch....receiver didn't pick it up. Tried turning the receiver sideways, still no good. It is designed to set forward of the front fork with the magnet on the lower part of the spoke....Just cant get it close enough....guess it is another trip to the bike store.

Any suggestions on a basic computer set up?

Paste eater
    try the other side of the fork, Your spokes will be closer to fork lowers on one side due to wheel dish.

If it doesn't work, you doing something wrong. what? I'm not sure...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    The screws are standard and you can get them at any bike shop. I recomend the camelback to cary water, pump spare tube, multitool and whatever else you want. Even if you go camelback I sugest puting screws in the holes just to plug them (use a little grease on the treads when you put them in).

For the wireless setup you need to move the sensor further down the fork toward the hub where the spokes are closer to the fork. You then rotate the sensor around the fork and toward the spokes. You don't whant to go too far down or it may be too far from the handlebars but too far up and you can't get the tire past the sensor when you take the wheel off. I just figured this out for myself as the directions suck.

Good luck.
    Chet

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    i have hard of senors that are magnetic on both sides so you can attach it to the rotor...have you tried mounting it there?

Quote Originally Posted by CrashGordon
    Thanks on the mounting screws....I bought a stainless steel cage, but am now having thoughts of just taking it back and buying a camelback bag ( I think that is what they are called). That way I can carry the pump, etc and not have another thing mounted to the bike.

On the computer, instructions said to mount to front fork. Tried that, closest I could get to a spoke was about 3/4 of an inch....receiver didn't pick it up. Tried turning the receiver sideways, still no good. It is designed to set forward of the front fork with the magnet on the lower part of the spoke....Just cant get it close enough....guess it is another trip to the bike store.

Any suggestions on a basic computer set up?

@adelorenzo
    Two suggestions:
    1. Move it down the fork. You'll notice the spokes get closer as you go down.
    2. Shim it with a small piece of rubber.

Also, check out Sheldon Brown's 17 tips.

Regards,
    Anthony

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I got 4 screws from my L.B.S. just ask. I only used them to plug the holes though, buy a camelbak instead. My 2 cents.

I need a new name
    Jun 2004
    Even with a camelback sometimes it is nice to have a water bottle too. For long rides the extra fluid might come in handy or you may fall and burst the bladder. Occasionally on short rides I'll ditch the camelback for a water bottle anyway.

txn
    mtbr member
    2nd asking the lbs - they should hook you up. REI charged me like a buck for a set, and my lbs just gave me another set. If you're simply plugging the holes, then disk brake rotor screws work beautifully.

I also keep a bottle in the bottle cage for flavored drinks such as Nuun or Accelerade. I don't want that in the camelback bladder.