mtbr member
    May 2005

Seriously OT. iPhone

For anybody that might be wondering. The iPhone is
    a perfect device IMHO. It navigates the web and MTBR
    perfectly. This and all my posts from the last few days
    have come from it.

If you at all thinking about an iPhone, feel free to pull
    the trigger. It even launches the icons.

SuperInstigator
    Yeah, I was really looking forward to buying a heap of metal and plastic that you can't bomb 80 degree steeps with that'll cost 2000$ the first year.

Completely and utterly useless. How the fcuk can you use something so small? I'm typing on a laptop and I have been for the past year, and I still can't stand the small keys.

Tim
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tibug
    Yeah, I was really looking forward to buying a heap of metal and plastic that you can't bomb 80 degree steeps with that'll cost 2000$ the first year.

Completely and utterly useless. How the fcuk can you use something so small? I'm typing on a laptop and I have been for the past year, and I still can't stand the small keys.

Tim
    You clearly have issues that are beyond this forum.

You need professional help if my post invokes that response.

Try to have a nice life with yourself.

Veni Vidi Vici
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex
    For anybody that might be wondering. The iPhone is
    a perfect device IMHO. It navigates the web and MTBR
    perfectly. This and all my posts from the last few days
    have come from it.

If you at all thinking about an iPhone, feel free to pull
    the trigger. It even launches the icons.
    How long did you line up to get it? all worth it

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I was lucky in San Francisco. Only about 6 people in line on the release date. It is really a work of modern art.

Veni Vidi Vici
    I was lucky in San Francisco. Only about 6 people in line on the release date. It is really a work of modern art.
    Cool ... thanks for the review, will wait once available in our place.. You know.. third world thingy

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Hey Tim. I just noticed your avatar. I wish you would have been avalable to negotiate for the Allies ~70 years ago. It sounds like you could have saved millions of lives. You and your "in" crowd should mix in a few history books.

I am nervous if you represent the youth in this country.

"El Whatever"
    Cool Ortho... Too bad network services here in Mexico are REALLY expensive.

We already made the owner of the main phone and cell operator company the World's Richest Dude above Bill Gates. I'm not cooperating anymore, if you catch my drift.
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    Cool to hear some feedback on the iphone, especially from someone that doesnt talka the BS.....Our company uses Blackberry, so no go for me, unless I got it for private use, would not be worth it.....

Apple stuff is the shizzle. Have a 20 inch Apple flat screen monitor at home, it is fantastic... No go for mac's though, another company thing....

Do hope the El G is as good as the Iphone..........................
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I understand that Warp. The Apple top dogs are on a serious roll.
    They are also from my home town. I hope they play nice because they
    are producing some seriously cool stuff.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    That EG is gonna be right at home in Downieville.
    I'll snap + pix and do my best on the write-up.

"El Whatever"
    I understand that Warp. The Apple top dogs are on a serious roll.
    They are also from my home town. I hope they play nice because they
    are producing some seriously cool stuff.
    Yeah, their iPod is something really nice! I want one.
    Check my Site

Ti is addictive
    Can't say I'm up to having one yet.......I'm technologically a knuckle dragger, hell I finally learned how to text mess off my new phone last week. I can definately say I'm not a prime candidate for the new Iphone for at least another 3 years.

Congrats.....6 people lineup, geez that's amazing considering a the coverage of stores with 100's sleeping overnight to get the device.

I'm right now trying to decide on a new desktop......Are the new intel quad cores worth it with the new Vista OS, or should I go back to a dual core G5 apple?
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    May 2005
    My Dad just picked up and is loving the iPhone. Talk about a techno know nothing...

I wouldn't put Vista on a computer if you gave it me.

My home mac (Intel DC 2.0 iMac) has been running without a restart (other than those requested by apple after software upgrades) for over 2 years.

Get the new iMac coming in a couple months...

Ti is addictive

Get the new iMac coming in a couple months...
    Love to but I need a new one within the next few weeks......
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I will probably pick one up when they show on this side of the Pond depending on how they "link" them to data phone contracts.......... I would just hope they would use UMTS instead of EDGE...as UMTS is broadly available around here........ EDGE is of course..but most data users have switched already to UMTS...... have to wait and see...

I hate to be the one that says it but
    this thread is worthless without pics

mtbr member
    So how do Iphone and Blackberry compare
    What are the pros of the Iphone except the cool factor (I know it is very important).
    Cris, BTW very nice banner icons

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBonty
    Cris, BTW very nice banner icons
    Thanks GB.. I picked that one up from somebody else on mtbr...

On the pros for the iphone... I just like the convergence.. no need to carry 3 devices (ipod, phone, pda)... and why not.. the coolness factor

local trails rider
    A phone that lets you use the internet?
    Functions as calendar?
    etc, etc?
    [SIZE="2"]wow[/SIZE]

http://www.nokiausa.com/link?cid=EDITORIAL_185296

Want to add GPS?
    http://www.nokiausa.com/A4409001

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    I will probably pick one up when they show on this side of the Pond depending on how they "link" them to data phone contracts.......... I would just hope they would use UMTS instead of EDGE...as UMTS is broadly available around here........ EDGE is of course..but most data users have switched already to UMTS...... have to wait and see...
    crisillo you know everything.... we use 3G network (I have no idea what 3G even is) here that has already internet, web, email and video on mobile phones... iphone sounds like the same thing ?~?

My notebook has 3G and can get internet/email anywhere it goes. It has Vista on it and has worked well for many months.

Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    crisillo you know everything.... we use 3G network (I have no idea what 3G even is) here that has already internet, web, email and video on mobile phones... iphone sounds like the same thing ?~?

My notebook has 3G and can get internet/email anywhere it goes. It has Vista on it and has worked well for many months.
    3G is the 3rd generation (therefore 3-G) of phone standard technologies, foe example UMTS or W-CDMA... as you already know.. these allow high speed data transmission, therefore enabling richer services (namely "3G services")

SuperInstigator
    You clearly have issues that are beyond this forum.

Try to have a nice life with yourself.
    YEP.
    YEP.
    I WILL!

Uhhh, what??? The two points of my post were that 1) the Iphone is expensive, which it is, and 2) it is hard for me to use something so small. Is there anything wrong with not being willing to spend that much on a phone?

Hey Tim. I just noticed your avatar. I wish you would have been avalable to negotiate for the Allies ~70 years ago. It sounds like you could have saved millions of lives. You and your "in" crowd should mix in a few history books.

I am nervous if you represent the youth in this country.
    WTF? Am I missing something here, or is my unwillingness to buy an Iphone somehow connected to WW2? I guess I do need professional help. By my avatar, I'm not implying any facts nor that I can do anything. Could you please explain to me what's wrong with being against war? I'm in AP History, FWIW. I read Howard Zinn in conjunction with our regular text book, and am in the process of reading The Killer Angels. Even though I was not able to stop WW2 , I believe I have sufficient knowledge in history.

You're nervous if I represent the youth in this country? Okay...........well again, I'm surprised that my unwillingness to spend thousands on a phone is a such a sinister thing or that being opposed to war is such a bad thing. I'm not saying I'm opposed to all war. I'm simply stating that lots of times, war can be avoided. Did we have to go to war with Iraq? I think not.

You're taking this way to seriously. If you want to argue over my avatar, then start a thread in the political-social-economic forum. If you want to argue about how my refusal to buy an Iphone is a bad thing, then we can argue right here.

Try to have a nice life.

Tim

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I have many family members that fought multiple wars, were taken as prisoners, and died for this country. You should realize that the quote "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity", is very offensive to some.

But you're right, no need to argue. You have a right to say it.

Overreaction on my part.

SuperInstigator
    I have many family members that fought multiple wars, were taken as prisoners, and died for this country. You should realize that the quote "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity", is very offensive to some.

But you're right, no need to argue. You have a right to say it.

Overreaction on my part.
    I also have family members who fought wars and died for this country. Both of my grandfathers fought in Vietnam and one was a MIA POW for almost 6 months and suffers from severe PTSD as a result.

The fact that my family members fought for this country does not change my mind. If I had been alive when they were fighting, I would have fully supported them. As it is, I am very respectful of them and all other veterans and fighting men and women. Please don't think that I'm one of the people that hate our troops. I have nothing but the deepest respect for them. However, that does not mean I have to support war. I support the wonderful people who fight for this country. I do not support war as a whole. When I say "fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity" I'm talking about war. I am not trying to make any attacks on our troops.

I just wish to make clear that I support the people who fight our wars, but I do not support the concept of war, and I will say no more that belongs in the Political forum.

My reasoning might not make sense to others, but if only my communication skills were better, maybe it would.

Does that clear everything up? Are we all good? I sincerely apologize about my signature. You will not change my mind, but I realize how offensive it is to some. I will change it.

Thank you,
    Tim

Ride 2 Work, Work 2 Ride!
    Great device! I wish I could afford to toss the money for it.
    "Don't give up, Never give up!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast