Thread: Sag+ml2

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Sag+ml2

I wanted to check and set the sag in my FOX RP23 but I have no idea how to do it.
    Do I need to pump in some air and then check the SAG again and again until it is around the 25-20%?

Or is there a table that tell you how much you should pump for your weight?
    I am 65kg.

mtbr member

RP23 sag

as a rule it usually works out that 85% body weight in pounds do as PSI to 25% sag

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    You keep playing with the pressure until the sag is correct.

I did it by setting two blocks on eithe side of the bike, sliding the o-ring on the shock up till it touches, standing on the blocks then gently sitting on the bike in your normal riding position and then standing back up on the blocks (the blocks were my idea to not bounce the bike or fall over in the process). The sag will be the space between the o-ring and the shock.

Keep adjusting the air pressure up and down until you get it just right and then ride the bike and see how it feels. I played around a little till if felt just right, even a 5 PSI difference changes the sag and the feel.

Make sure the pro-pedal is turned off when setting sag. Also place the fork in the height setting you plan to ride the most in if you have an adjustable travel fork.

For a Med or large frame the sag is about .5 inches (12.7mm) I am not sure about the small frame (it has a shorter stroke shock).
    Chet

mtbr member
    Jun 2006