mtbr member
    Apr 2006

RX owners, AVA upgrade for your RP3?

I've a friend who did an AVA aircan upgrade for his RP3 (he rides an intense btw). Basically this upgrade increases the air volume in the rear shock, and allows you to adjust the air volume too. The 3 platform settings and the rebound adjustment remains as per normal. My friend claims that his AVA RP3 now utilizes it's travel fully,and it feels more plush throughout the stroke because the larger air volume allows a more linear spring rate.

The reason I'm interested in this modification is that I set my RP3's sag at 20%, but I've never gotten past 75% travel at all, and when I lower the air pressure to get more travel, the rear will bob. This seems like a good way of getting a more active rear end for my RX100 without undue bobbing. Has anybody done this modification on their RP3?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

RX with RP3

Hi T,

I have not tried it, but today I am going to order the large volume air sleeve for the RP3 shock on my RX-100. Like you, I can set 25% sag and not get near full travel. I believe there is a high volume air sleeve for the RP3 without the AVA adjust, and I am going to try and order one of these. Larger air volume at the end of the shock stroke should allow for more useable travel, with out having to run too low air pressure.
    Anyone out there running the large volume sleeve on the RX with an RP3?