GMM
    mtbr member

RX/HH Disc Brake Cable Routing

I need some help on figuring out how to best route my rear disc brake cable.

How are those with RX/HH's dealing with the cable routing, and especially how do you keep the cable from coming out of the "cable guide" on the bottom of the top tube?

Founder: Dirty3hirties

Problem solvers......

Get some problem solvers. I run the rear brake line around the head tube and along side the top tube (using problem solvers) and down the rear seatstay.

The guides I used screw into the guides on the toptube. I only use one on the very first set of guides. Then I loosely ziptied the hose to the top tube shock mount. From there the hose runs free until it's ziptied to the hose guide on the seat stay.

This works great. No rub anywhere and I have had it set up this way for 3+ years. The hose is not binded in any way and is free to move as you turn the handlebar and as the suspension cycles.

mtbr member

any pics?

Do you have any pics you could post of how you have yours set up?

Quote Originally Posted by ddraewwg
    Get some problem solvers. I run the rear brake line around the head tube and along side the top tube (using problem solvers) and down the rear seatstay.

The guides I used screw into the guides on the toptube. I only use one on the very first set of guides. Then I loosely ziptied the hose to the top tube shock mount. From there the hose runs free until it's ziptied to the hose guide on the seat stay.

This works great. No rub anywhere and I have had it set up this way for 3+ years. The hose is not binded in any way and is free to move as you turn the handlebar and as the suspension cycles.

Founder: Dirty3hirties

Sorry....

...I don't. I don't have a digicam yet. I have pics of my bike but not close up enough to see that detail. Are you using problem solvers?

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...=202&category=

I use those.

GMM
    mtbr member

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by ddraewwg
    ...I don't. I don't have a digicam yet. I have pics of my bike but not close up enough to see that detail. Are you using problem solvers?

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...=202&category=

I use those.
    This may be a solution. Unfortunately, it seems if Titus simply put the guides on the top of the top tube instead of the bottom, it wouldn't be necessary. In any event, thanks for the suggestion.

Let's ride SuperModerator
    are you saying your frame is not disc brake specific on the cable guides for the rr? If not, what about some small black zipties to hold the holder/grommet in place so it doesn't slide out?

GMM
    mtbr member

Probably the easiest solution...Thanks (n/m)

Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    are you saying your frame is not disc brake specific on the cable guides for the rr? If not, what about some small black zipties to hold the holder/grommet in place so it doesn't slide out?
    Thanks

n/m