Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

RX-1 V Motolite

701 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Bikerbob.com 
#1 ·
Is the RX-1 a shorter travel version of the MR 1??

Or is the RX-1 a poorer version of the X?? Like the MR1 is a cheaper version of the Motolite.

Does that even make sense??

#10 ·
Made in USA

tomwolf said:
Ok. How much of a difference does it make between Taiwan and USA made frames?

If we are on the subject, can you explain the difference between this to the one here?

10x
Finding a US made frame is harder these days. Some people don't care where there bike comes from. But many would prefer it to be built here.
Same for guitars. Do you want a Chinese Stratocaster or Korean Martin?

Made in USA costs more, but is worth more over time. That's besides the other differences listed previously. Notice that Titus stopped making and importing the RX1 and ML1. All Motolites, Racer X, FTM and X are made in USA.

Your first link is a complete build. Your second link is frame only. Same frame from either store. Bob's is no longer handling Titus, just a few closeouts.

Good for me. People got me- Bikerbob.com -confused with them often. There is no Bob at Bob's Bicycles. And there's only Bob here.

I would look at spending a few hundred more to get an 09 Motolite or Racer X, unless you really like Surf Blue on the RX1.

And all of you considering one of these bikes should examine closley the big differences between any Motolite and any Racer X, no matter the seatstay.

Two different styles of bike. Travel, head angle, weight, etc.

#11 · (Edited)
I am not sure you got my question right.

I really wanted to know the difference between a Taiwan made frame and a US made one, specifically in regard to the RX/racerX. I have a RX frame, and as much as I would prefer it being made in the US, it wasn't. I didn't know it was not made in the US when I bought it and now I am interested in the differences.

In regard to the links, the first frame does not have a tube between the seat tube and the top tube (like in the titus 08 catalog), while the second one does (looks more like the 08 carbon racerX).
I was just wondering how this tube grew there, does it make a difference, and are there any more differences?

I am aware the bobs-bicycle and you are different entities. I was confused at first so I went and checked. I just asked you because I think you will know the answer :)

P.S.
I do like the surf blue on my RX :)

#13 ·
More details

The first link show a medium RX1. The second link shows a large which has the cross brace. That is the same for all Racer models.
According to Titus Jeff, the RX1 is US made, but with a different tubeset than the Racer X, plus the other differences noted. He should know.

So enjoy your bike and don't worry. No carbon to protect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.