Thread: RV1-ing the EG

mtbr member

RV1-ing the EG

4.5 yrs on... just about pushed every bit I could on the EG. This would really be final. 4th fork and 4th shock by now...till too stoked to ever consider parting with this frame. Beats changing a new bike each year..

RV1-ing the EG-sjnauzl6chon7jfiefmyesbnrdrsckdbmrpja7f6cum.jpg

More pics and details here

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    -2.. CC? works component?

hmm, how's the damping goin there?

a tight kick sound
    -2 degree HS with that fork would be awesome!

mtbr member
    Yup slacken further with angleset to avoid increasing front end height was the plan. But limited headsets can be used... for some of them there is a minimum HT Length needed. See if I can hunt a CC angleset or the FSA cheap. But trying to manage between hitting the downs and still being pedal-able. Might just not slacken if things are good after a few more rides.

Damping is a totally different beast from the Vengeance Coil (which I had absolutely no complaint over.). Yet to fully push it, been traveling... but the RV1 needs no breaking in- just mount and go, tweak along the way. those N-wiper seals really makes a diff. Best thing is these are pretty generic stuff that you can get at hardware stores so long as u have the correct ind. parts number, OD/ID.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    That's good to know.. fox is a whacky 6.4mm or some oddball number and their bottom piston is spring preloaded, so having to try diff little springs to get that right too is a pain