Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Roll call! shock and fork set up database!

594 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bear 
#1 ·
We already have a set up sticky thread, but the most helpfull info is missing from most posts. So lets have it. Give us your weight, what bike you ride, and what kind of rider you are, and then tell us what your suspension setting are. I'll styart I'm a 34 Y.O. expert xc racer with a carbon RX, and I'm running 100lbs in the rp23, and 79 in the fox 100 rlc fork. The fork is right in the middle on rebound, and the shock is only two or three clicks in. I'm happy with my fork setting, but still unsure of the rear, and the front end tends to drop when i leave the ground, which is no good.

#2 ·
guava said:
We already have a set up sticky thread, but the most helpfull info is missing from most posts. So lets have it. Give us your weight, what bike you ride, and what kind of rider you are, and then tell us what your suspension setting are. I'll styart I'm a 34 Y.O. expert xc racer with a carbon RX, and I'm running 100lbs in the rp23, and 79 in the fox 100 rlc fork. The fork is right in the middle on rebound, and the shock is only two or three clicks in. I'm happy with my fork setting, but still unsure of the rear, and the front end tends to drop when i leave the ground, which is no good.
How much do you weigh?

#5 ·
Here I go...

Bike: Switchblade TALAS Frame 2004, 5" travel Rockers, Medium Size
Rider Weight: 145 pounds

FORK
Fork: Marzocchi All Mountain 1 2005, 130mm-150mm
Travel Setting: 145-130mm
Sag: 25%
Spring Rate (Heavy, Medium, etc): Stock on ETA
Air Preload: 15 pump strokes
Positive Air: N/A
Negative Air: N/A
End of travel Pressure: N/A
Compression: Always at "DS"
Threshold: N/A
Hi-Speed Compression: N/A
Low Speed Compression: N/A
SPV Pressure: N/A
Rebound: 4 Clicks from Full-Open
Oil Levels: ETA Side 40mm from top of crown, TST Semibath 40ml.
Oil Weights: ETA + Semibath 10wt oil, TST 5wt oil. All oils Yamaha Yamalube Fork Oil.

SHOCK
Brand / Model: Flox Float R 2005
Eye to Eye/Stroke: 7.875" X 2"
Spring Rate: N/A
Air Pressure: 135psi
Sag: 27%
Positive Pressure: N/A
Negative Pressure: N/A
Compression: N/A
Hi-Speed Compression: N/A
Low-Speed Compression: N/A
Rebound: 4 Clicks from full open
Hi-Speed Rebound: N/A
Low-Speed Rebound: N/A
SPV Pressure: N/A
Boost Valve: N/A
Volume Adjuster: N/A

#6 ·
'03 Quasi-Moto, 5.9" travel config, est 35# as built
Rider 225 bear-nekkid

Fork: '07 Marzocchi 66 SL1 ATA, 140-180mm travel (175 in truth...)
- 100 psi PAR, 50 psi SFA, 0 psi RC2
- rebound centered
- compression centered
- oil as-shipped
- sag 25% rider-only

Shox: '07 Marzocchi Roco TST R
- 700# steel coil (note that frame gives 3:1 leverage ratio)
- bottom-out chamber as-shipped (don't know psi, will post when I have it)
- rebound centered
- TST in DS, but not yet trail-proven so future is undecided
- sag 25% rider-only

yes, I setup my sag a little "lean" so that when I have gear on it'll be betwixt 25- and 30%

The Roco replaced an '03 Vanilla RC coil that really showed it's age once the 66SL was mounted. Totally an unproven quantity on the Quasi at the moment, but I'm optimistic based upon bouncing around the neighbor's yards and such. I really need a back yard like Evil Patrick though, then I'd know for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.