mtbr member

Rockstar goes racing

I raced the Rockstar about a month ago but I still wasnt feeling very comfortable on it yet, I've been pretty much riding it full time except for races where I've been riding the trusty EG. I decided to race it again for the series finale. My goal at the beginning of the season was to win the overall in the 35-44 class. I would have done it if it wasnt for some guy I had never seen before, he was super fast and won every race (except for one DNF), I had all the regulars covered. He decided to move up to expert last night ( he finished 10th out of 17) which gave me the chance to notch a win and I didnt waste it. I led the class from the start and didnt look back. I ended up the season with one 3rd, 6 seconds, and one win, but I ended up second overall. I'm not disappointed, I was basically the second fastest Sport class racer out there in any age group, we even lapped up into the expert field every race. Next on my race calendar is the Livewire Classic DH race this weekend, the Tahoe Fat Tire Festival in mid september which should be a blast, four days of racing, a Fat Tire Crit on Thursday, Hillclimb on Friday, XC Saturday morning, DH Saturday afternoon, & Super D on Sunday with a awards being given for lowest elapsed time for all five events, then finally the Tara Llanes XC race at Northstar on Sept 29.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rockstar goes racing-p1040523.jpg  

Rockstar goes racing-p1040526.jpg  

Rockstar goes racing-p1040527.jpg  

Rockstar goes racing-p1040536.jpg  

Rockstar goes racing-p1040539.jpg  

Rockstar goes racing-p1040541.jpg  

Rockstar goes racing-p1040551.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    to you 1175
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Excellent finish to a very strong series. You worked really hard in the off-season, and it sure is paying off. Great job and congratulations. Looking forward to your upcoming races.
    Last edited by John Stone; 08-31-2012 at 09:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Good job!

sweet craigstr, you gonna post the +'s & -'s on Rockstar?

mtbr member
    Last edited by craigstr; 08-31-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Double Post

mtbr member
    Soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I always thought of 29 as hardtail, no need (for me), but strong/fun FS might be nice