K n e e m o i

Review of PUSH'd RP23 on RX

So I have a stock RP3, and decided to go for the shock upgrade.

Decided to try out the PUSH'd RP23. I went for the XC-Race tuning.

What I noticed:

With the normal RP3, I had to air it up real good to have the rear end feel solid. Position with least propedal was terrible. One time, the lever was on least propedal by accident, and I couldn't understand why I couldn't make it up a climb that I was doing fine before. In this position, it wasn't really plush anyways, so I never used the soft propedal setting.

Then I tried the XC Race PUSH'd RP23. I aired it up to the recommended PSI. 80 to 90PSI.

PLUSH, but solid...... I thought I was hallucinating..... It must be the race setting or something, but I don't really notice a big difference between propedal OFF and propedal 3. Propedal OFF seems to have some propedal still...... Propedal 3 is not a complete lockout, but is firm, yet plush....kind of hard to describe. Even in Propedal 3, it was soaking up chatter down a rough downhill rollercoaster section. With the RP3, it was hopping over small bumps in maximum propedal setting. Yet when it came to climbs, the shock reacted to bumps more actively, helping me on traction. I accidently flipped the lever to no propedal, and didn't realize that it was off until I finished the run. Don't know if that's good thing or bad thing......

Anyways, it is definitely better than the stock RP3. If you're on the border on doing PUSH, go for it. I just hope it lasts and won't blow a seal or something......
    "Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffunda
    ...blow a seal.....

Uh, heh-heh...you said, "blow a seal."
    Extreme stationary biker.