mtbr member
    Jul 2006

replace the FXR with a ML?

I went and tested out a ML today, and was really impressed. I'm almost ready to take the plunge. Maybe I can pick your brains a little.

The frame I'm trying to swap out is an '03 Foes FXR. It's been an awesome ride, but am wanting something a little more compliant with small bumps, and a better pedaler, while still being a great descender. Do you all think the ML is it, or would I be wasting the cash?

ಠ_ಠ

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by mcgrath
    would I be wasting the cash?
    Yes, you would be wasting cash. But, I find the more cash I waste, the more I want to ride.

I would say that if the FXR has lasted you 3 years you can buy a new bike without much guilt.

Let's hear more of your impressions of the MotoLite...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I was only able to do a parking lot test, with a little trail the LBS worked in to thier property. A few curbs. I was very surprised how light it was first of all. They probably had it built up to 28lbs or so. My FXR is currently at 32.5lbs. It pedaled very nicely and made the FXR seem a little sluggish. Not to take away from the foes, it's a killer bike. I do worry that the ML may not be able to take as much abuse as the FXR though. Any thoughts on that? I had a slight bob when pedaling hard in the big ring, but I flipped the RP3 to full propedal and it was gone. I took it off some curbs and it soaked them up. I think the foes would handle the drops a little better only for the extra travel. It has a trampoline sensation when you land, and seems bottomless.

I'm thinking this will be a great addition. At this point I'm thinking I'll keep the FXR and see if it gets any use. Maybe turn it into a DH/shuttle bike. A friend of mine's wife has a small ML, that I think I'll take on an extensive test ride. We'll see. I've read that the small frame has a different leverage ratio, and am wondering if that would ruin the ride for me. I'll keep everyone posted.

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgrath
    I was only able to do a parking lot test, with a little trail the LBS worked in to thier property. A few curbs. I was very surprised how light it was first of all. They probably had it built up to 28lbs or so. My FXR is currently at 32.5lbs. It pedaled very nicely and made the FXR seem a little sluggish. Not to take away from the foes, it's a killer bike. I do worry that the ML may not be able to take as much abuse as the FXR though. Any thoughts on that? I had a slight bob when pedaling hard in the big ring, but I flipped the RP3 to full propedal and it was gone. I took it off some curbs and it soaked them up. I think the foes would handle the drops a little better only for the extra travel. It has a trampoline sensation when you land, and seems bottomless.

I'm thinking this will be a great addition. At this point I'm thinking I'll keep the FXR and see if it gets any use. Maybe turn it into a DH/shuttle bike. A friend of mine's wife has a small ML, that I think I'll take on an extensive test ride. We'll see. I've read that the small frame has a different leverage ratio, and am wondering if that would ruin the ride for me. I'll keep everyone posted.

The Lit-Moto's no slouch in the abuse department, and it handles jumps, and dropps quit well. Haveing said that I've seen pics of the FXR taking some serious $hit, so I think your idea of holding on to it is a greeat one!

Go with the Moto, you WON"T be dissapointed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Apparently the FXR can be equipped with a 2.25" stroke shock. I have a 2" stroke on there now. The 2.25" would increase the travel to 6.3", making it that much more of a DH bike. But the BB will be a little lower. Plus I'm sure id get smoked on the resale value.