mtnjam

reducer bushings?

After trying to swap the DU bushings (i think that's what they're called) between my Push'd shock and the 7.875 x 2" shock I have. I'm pretty sure I've ruined the shock bushings. I have an '01 Switchblade so my question is what do I need to ask Fox to send me for replacement bushings. I got an email back from someone a while back telling me what I needed to get from Fox but I accidentally deleted it.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by ryman
    After trying to swap the DU bushings (i think that's what they're called) between my Push'd shock and the 7.875 x 2" shock I have. I'm pretty sure I've ruined the shock bushings. I have an '01 Switchblade so my question is what do I need to ask Fox to send me for replacement bushings. I got an email back from someone a while back telling me what I needed to get from Fox but I accidentally deleted it.
    If your SB is TALAS Frame with 5" rockers like mine (mine is also 7.875" X 2", a TALAS Frame from 2004) you need:

Fox Part Numbers:
    P/N 213-29-021-D
    P/N 213-26-005-F

They should be 1.18 (30mm) x M6 and 1.56 (39mm) x M8... I think the ML uses the same reducers.
    Check my Site

You down with entropy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    If your SB is TALAS Frame with 5" rockers like mine (mine is also 7.875" X 2", a TALAS Frame from 2004) you need:

Fox Part Numbers:
    P/N 213-29-021-D
    P/N 213-26-005-F

They should be 1.18 (30mm) x M6 and 1.56 (39mm) x M8... I think the ML uses the same reducers.
    sorry to dig up an old thread

My rear shock bolt just broke (the M8 one) so I was looking for info on the reducers.
    the measurements are the same on my 2006 motolite (30mm and 39mm). I will be calling fox in the morning to order new ones. I will post up if these part numbers have changed.

I think the bolt broke due to wear in the reducers and DU bushings. I have just replaced the DU bushings, but I do not have the reducers or a new bolt for that matter, off to fastenal tomorrow hoping for a quantity of less than 100 (I had a similar problem with the m6 bolt on the other end and now have 99 of those left....)

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    consider the "strong bushes" from betd.co.uk, sizing is the same but they're made of stainless steel, and are effectively a solid thru-axle for the bushing. Nice stuff. Simpler to use than the 3-piece "HD" reducers available elsewhere.

MTB aficionado
    Jan 2004

Push

Quote Originally Posted by esilvassy
    sorry to dig up an old thread

My rear shock bolt just broke (the M8 one) so I was looking for info on the reducers.
    the measurements are the same on my 2006 motolite (30mm and 39mm). I will be calling fox in the morning to order new ones. I will post up if these part numbers have changed.

I think the bolt broke due to wear in the reducers and DU bushings. I have just replaced the DU bushings, but I do not have the reducers or a new bolt for that matter, off to fastenal tomorrow hoping for a quantity of less than 100 (I had a similar problem with the m6 bolt on the other end and now have 99 of those left....)
    I had PUSH CNC me a trick single piece reducer for my ML. Call them and ask about it. It cost me $10 in addition to the factory shock upgrade.

Regards,

EndUser
    My advice and $3 will buy you nothing more than a tunafish sandwich.

You down with entropy?
    Quote Originally Posted by EndUser
    I had PUSH CNC me a trick single piece reducer for my ML. Call them and ask about it. It cost me $10 in addition to the factory shock upgrade.

Regards,

EndUser
    hmm that sounds tempting. I will most likely send in my shock later this year and I might ask for it. For now I have replaced the DU bushings and have ordered the new reducers from fox. The strongbush from betd is tempting though.

Oh ya, the fox rep said that those part numbers are the old ones, so when i get the invoice I can post up the new ones if anyone wants them.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    My Motolite (2006) with Fox RP3 needs new bushings. Has somebody tried bushings from betd.co.uk?