Thread: racerx

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

racerx

im riding a yeti 575 05 model at the moment built quite light and i have a el guapo for the fun stuff,anyways im not happy with my yeti ,i ride hardtails alot aswell but when i get on my yeti it feels a bit bobby and quite flexy,it never feels stable down hill,

some of this might be the build ive got cause it is a 5inch plus bike built light,so ive got to much travel for what i need when i take this bike out,racing,enduros,long epic days.

so ive been looking for a shorter travel full suss and would like some feed back on this bike please,i dont want flex ,i want a stiff feeling frame

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Racer X's

An X will pedal alot better then a 575. I don't know exactly what you mean by stiffness, but if you are looking for a bike that can climb a racer x is as good as it gets.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I have a Yeti ASR and a Racer X and the Yeti shows more peddle induced bob and flex in the frame than the Racer X. If the El Guapo takes care of your long travel needs / epic rides & huking then there is no use in having the 575 and it makes sense to have a race oriented bike which the racer X is. I never ride the Yeti anymore and find that the Racer X is a great race bike but also does real well as a general trail bike. Riding epics (4 - 5 hours) on the Racer X does take its toll where a bike with more suspension would be better suited for those 4-5 hour rides. This doesn't mean I don't ride epics on the Racer X but I am sure a 575 woud be more comfortable on them. Summary; Racer X and an El Guapo would be a great combo.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    thanks,i dont think comfort would be a prop cause i somtimes rigid a rigid ss for 4 hrs plus, i just dont want a racey bike that might be light but not confident inspiring,and fragile

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    The Racer X is extremely confident inspiring and far from fragile. It is however a fairly light frame that can have a light build and still remain extremely bomb proof.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Tony, the Racer-X and new Titus X are great 4" travel frames. The Racer-X is very laterally stiff. You will not have lateral flex issues with these frames. That being said if you want to stay with a rigid frame check out the 2010 Merida Carbon FLX hard tale. If not, test ride a Racer-X.

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/articl...ke-frame-21481

Sopwithcamel

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    yep i think i will hunt one down for a demo,the only other bike that has my interest is a cube,but im on the titus buzz at the mo so i will keep you all posted on my progress

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    While you are at it, why not demo a motolite as well. More burly then an X with slightly slacker angles to give you the confidence you are looking for.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Carbon Racer X

Climbs like crazy and handles well in tough terrain. I have a Gary Fisher Fat Possum for beat downs and the Carbon Racer X for racing. It is to the point that I don't even want to ride the Fat Possum anymore, even in the really tough terrain, the racer X is solid, highly recommended. It weighs about 25lbs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    yep as i was afraid only good things about this bike,so just got to hunt one down for a demo,

cheers everyone for their input,keep it coming though and anymore pics