mtbr member
    Dec 2004

RacerX 29er for 240 pound trail rider?

What do yíall think about a RacerX 29er for a 240 pound trail rider?

Thereís an í08 RacerX 29er available locally, which Iím considering. I donít huck, but I do occasionally find myself in the air and take the occasional 4-5 foot drop. Iíve been doing this sort of riding on an XC hardtail (Giant Rainier) for a couple of years without breaking it.

I'm concerned about breakability and replacement parts.

ballbuster

Sure, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by tenbsmith

Thereís an í08 RacerX 29er available locally, which Iím considering. I donít huck, but I do occasionally find myself in the air and take the occasional 4-5 foot drop. Iíve been doing this sort of riding on an XC hardtail (Giant Rainier) for a couple of years without breaking it.

4'-5' drop is actually pretty big. I doubt any XC or trail bike would hold up to that for very long.

Titus bikes are pretty tough.he RX29er is no exception. I run 215 these days, and ride the crud out of my RX29er. I don't think you'll have any issues as long as you ride within limits.

...on the maiden ride...

Upgraded to H-Bars

BBW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tenbsmith

RacerX......4-5 foot drop...... 240 pounds...... sure; people go stupid all the way all the time... go for it!
    Post pics of the carnage later please
    BBW. MS, RD

NOT Team Sanchez
    Like the others have said, the RX29'r wasn't built to take 4-5 footers, and that's probably with a 170lb guy on it. If you want to hit 4-5 footers on anything less than an EG you better be very smooth, I'd still want an EG though for peace of mind and extra forgiveness for when I'm not so smooth. Oh yeah, I'm also 240, so one big brother to another there ya go!
    I like bikes.