mtbr member
    Jan 2006

racer-x washer placement

I just took off the carbon link on my 06 racer-x to replace the bearings on the seat stay and the carbon rockers and there were some washers that came out on the carbon link that hooks to the seat stay (between the carbon link and the seat stay) and I'm not sure which order they go in? There were two regular washers and one lock washer that I can find I would assume there is another one that fell on the floor which I can't locate but I can go and get another one at my local home depot. I just need to know which order the 4 washers go in, do the lock washers go on the inside or the outside of the normal washers?

If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it so I can get this frame put back together correctly.

Thanks

At Work
    I would say inside, get sandwiched.
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    There's definitely no lock washer in that frame. It might have have just been on your garage floor...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    That could be a possibility that I hadn't thought of since it was sitting on the floor with the other two regular washers (1 from each side). I had just assumed that the lock washer was in there as well I never could find the other lock washer so that makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for your help!!