Thread: Racer X Ti

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Racer X Ti

Anyone out there familiar with the Racer X Ti? Is Ti worth the extra cost over just the AL version of the bike? Coming from a Ti road bike (Litespeed) I swear by the magical ride quality of a Ti bike, but being that the Racer X is full suspension ... I was wondering if it warrants the extra cost. Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    wql1,
    I just went through the same questions myself. Coming from a Moots YBB, I too love the feel of Ti. However, I don't think that the front triangle will be "felt" in the same way on a Racer-X (could be wrong here). In the end, I opted for the Ti because of the quality and craftsmanship factors. I kept my Moots for a long time due to the emotional attachment to it, and its hand made build quility. Suspension design changes my hurt me, but hopefuly Titus will continue to use this setup for a while. I know some have upgraded to the new shock and rear traingle on thier 2002 Racer-X's. The Ti is also ~100 grams heavier, but that can be made up in other areas. I will post pics in a few weeks.

Greg

"Its All Good"
    I have the Ti ExoGrid MotoLite, I am stoked with going the extra mile, the ride is superb, the feel of it is superb, it is hard for me to put into words, without making a dick of myself....

Am sure you will know what I mean, with you both coming of Ti bikes...

I think it is defiantely worth it if the money is there, well what isnt I guess..............
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Master of Sparks
    I have a 05 ti racer x 100 which I love. I got it to replace an aluminum 94 Titus SFS, that was the pre racer x model. This was a 80 mm travel bike. I found the older bike to be quicker for sure but, the new bike rocks! I ride an Airborne Zeppelin ti road bike and like the feel of ti but I am not sure that I feel a difference with the full suspension. The craftmanship is beautifull on the new bike. Fo Sho!

New Bike

Old Bike

Ti is addictive

I'm still in love...

Gotta say best bike that I have ever owned. Light, stiff but subtle, and the magic and longevity of Ti.

Go for it if you got the bucks, tend to hold onto bikes forever, and don't mind the extra 3-4 ounces over the Aluminum frame. (I agree can make up for it over the parts spec or go for a good wizz before you're ride LOL)

I may be bias as have never kept or been passionate of any my Aluminum rides (HT or FS--Klein, Specialized, Salsa, Giant) and now down to just Titus HT (HCR) and F/S (Racer-X-100-Ti) and trying to fight the urge to go motolite Exo for 07.

Good luck in whatever you choose.
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    Gotta say best bike that I have ever owned. Light, stiff but subtle, and the magic and longevity of Ti.

Go for it if you got the bucks, tend to hold onto bikes forever, and don't mind the extra 3-4 ounces over the Aluminum frame. (I agree can make up for it over the parts spec or go for a good wizz before you're ride LOL)

I may be bias as have never kept or been passionate of any my Aluminum rides (HT or FS--Klein, Specialized, Salsa, Giant) and now down to just Titus HT (HCR) and F/S (Racer-X-100-Ti) and trying to fight the urge to go motolite Exo for 07.

Good luck in whatever you choose.
    Ti, brother, I will help you go Exo Motolite for 07............... By just saying, you know you will and know you want to................. I am thinking an Exo HT 29er SS, thats what I want.........
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Gravity Tester
    Whafe sed: "I am thinking an Exo HT 29er SS, thats what I want."

You heard it here first folks! OK, anyone want to start a pool as to when he pulls the trigger?

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangeruss

You heard it here first folks! OK, anyone want to start a pool as to when he pulls the trigger?
    yeah baby, roll on bonus time, you see being an expat in Spain has its advantages, have to make hay while the sun shines....

Th eTitus Exo 29er SS is hot, but there is other hot looking scooters out there in a 29er SS............mmmmmmmmmmmm

Love the thrill of the chase, the research etc etc etc etc

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangeruss

I'd say next week... His son is about to be born and after that, all funds for bikes will be sent to the Recycle Bin by his wife.

GO WHAFE!!!!
    Check my Site

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    I'd say next week... His son is about to be born and after that, all funds for bikes will be sent to the Recycle Bin by his wife.

GO WHAFE!!!!
    This baby girl will just not come out, taking after me already, stubborn as................ Just waiting and waiting, any minute, hour, second, day now, it is over cooked now. Cant get it out of the ovennnnnnnnnnnn

Yeah Mate.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

I have owned both

I once had a custom Ti RX. I now own two identical aluminum RXs. I personally prefer the aluminum bike. In my opinion, there is no difference in ride quality, the aluminum is lighter, and the bikes are cheaper. But I'm a sponsored Titus racer and I tend to replace both of my race bikes every season. I would say the only reasons to pop for the Ti version are: (1) you need custom geometry, (2) you need the bling factor, or (3) you need the bling factor. Another advantage of the aluminum bikes is the faster availability, which is important if you have a busy race schedule and need an additional or replacement bike quickly. This is just my present perspective. Both bikes are awesome.

Ti is addictive
    Whafe, damnation man you are the devil incarnate. You really want me to cave in and splurge on ones own indulgences(LOL). Now do I start budgeting for another sled or do I save and try to make it out to this Titus convention you're organizing.

Wifey's not gonna let me have both, so I may as well start focusing on one or the other.