mtbr member
    May 2004

Racer-X needs to live a while longer. Need some swingarm info please.

I need to keep my 04 ti Racer-X alive but I'm having trouble sourcing a new main pivot bolt. E-mailed Titus/On-One and no response. Enduro Fork Seals has the smaller bolt for the aluminum bikes, but not the larger bolt for the ti bikes. If I can't find a new pivot bolt, this frame is, sadly, pretty much dead. Then I started thinking...

I could have a reducer sleeve built and pressed into the frame, sizing the main pivot down to use the smaller bearings and pivot bolt from the aluminum bike, both of which I can still source easily.

The only thing holding me up is the swingarm (carbon swingarm from 06). Can anyone tell me if the main pivot bolt threads in the swingarm are the same for both the ti and aluminum models? It looks like the larger bolt tapers at the threads slightly, and if the smaller bolt is straight gauge, they should have the same threads and share the same swingarm. Then I could go forth with my master plan.

I'm really hoping to keep this rocket alive for another year or two before moving on.

Thanks for your info.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    What are the dimensions on your main pivot pin?

mtbr member
    Try calling Titus in portland, they always answer the phone. If they dont have it email bikerbobatbikerbobdotcom, he has tons of titus parts.

Winning
    Jul 2013
    We haven't seen any of the Ti models here in Portland, so it's difficult to give a good answer, but we do have lots of aluminum main pivot bolts.
    If you could send pictures of your chainstay main pivot and frame main pivot to tech@titusti.com, we can take a look and try to figure it out. Include your phone number in the email so we can contact you.

Thanks!
    Brandon @ Titus Cycles

mtbr member
    May 2004

Disaster averted

Quote Originally Posted by CrossFix View Post
    We haven't seen any of the Ti models here in Portland, so it's difficult to give a good answer, but we do have lots of aluminum main pivot bolts.
    If you could send pictures of your chainstay main pivot and frame main pivot to tech@titusti.com, we can take a look and try to figure it out. Include your phone number in the email so we can contact you.

Thanks!
    Brandon @ Titus Cycles
    All:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I just talked to Michael with Titus. He seems busy trying to rebuild the online store, which is probably why my e-mail had gone unanswered.

He sent me pivot bolt photos to compare with what I have to ensure I get what I need and said that the parts are in stock.

Awesome. Great help. Best part is no MacGuyvering to get the bike rolling. Titus is still on the radar for my next purchase.

Thanks again.