"Freakin Mountainbiker"
    Feb 2007

New question here. Racer X Horstlink Question??

Just recieved a new Swingarm for my 2008 Racer X. The old Swingarm had threaded sleaves welded to the horstlink for the pivot bolts. The New Swingarm doesn't include theses sleaves. Can I use a regular locknut or is there special hardware I need to find for this application?

Thanks!!! CG...........

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    What trouble was there with the Racer-X bike 29er Ti?

At Work
    Hit up Bikerbob, he should be able to tell you. Great guy.
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    It's called a pem-nut and it is pressed into the frame. Using a standard lock nut will work for a little while but will eventually fall out. You may need to contact a shop that has a lot of Titus parts on hand - as well as the know how to press a pem nut without damaging the chainstay.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Can you point me to a thread with pics this bike is pretty new and we do not have allot miles on it but my son is the rider on this bike and I would hate to have any accidents because of this?

"Freakin Mountainbiker"
    Feb 2007
    Thanks Titus Mikey!! Got it!!

"Freakin Mountainbiker"
    Feb 2007
    Found it impossible to order the specific size Pem Nut and the people at the new Titus never answered my e-mail. So Thanks to Super Bike Mike Engineering in Ft. Lauderdale he fabricated two press fit nuts for the swing arm. If anybody has the same issue you can contact him at sbm1@bellsouth.net. he did the whole deal for 20 bucks installed!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Racer X Horstlink Question??-sbm-pem-nut-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Nice, those are stainless steel?

At Work
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosG
    Found it impossible to order the specific size Pem Nut and the people at the new Titus never answered my e-mail. So Thanks to Super Bike Mike Engineering in Ft. Lauderdale he fabricated two press fit nuts for the swing arm. If anybody has the same issue you can contact him at sbm1@bellsouth.net. he did the whole deal for 20 bucks installed!!
    Great deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2009 Titus FTM

2009 Gary Fisher Rig

1997 Kona Ku
    (Resurection in Progress)