mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Racer X Bearings/Bushings

Hey guys. I have a 2008 Racer X carbon and recently started to experience side to side play located at the pivot on the seat stay and the shock. Also, if you lift up on the seat there is a little play along with a knocking noise. I've checked all the bolts and they are tight. Is this a bearing or bushing problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Any feed back on these to replace the DY bushing:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id275.html

mtbr member
    It is likely the shock pivots [bushings]. Somewhere in December there is a post in this forum about replacement bushings, bearings, hangers etc for Titus bikes. They are generic parts and can be had for not a lot of money.

Shock bushings from Fox or use the cool needle ones you found on enduroforkseals. Either are likely in helping your 'knocking noise'.

Quote Originally Posted by mmanuel09
    Hey guys. I have a 2008 Racer X carbon and recently started to experience side to side play located at the pivot on the seat stay and the shock. Also, if you lift up on the seat there is a little play along with a knocking noise. I've checked all the bolts and they are tight. Is this a bearing or bushing problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.