mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Racer X 29er help

I am looking at a Racer X 29er frame, but it isn't local. I spoke with the seller, who isn't too educated on bike geometry, so I could use a little help.

Can someone with a Medium or Large Racer X 29er measure their actual top tube for me? From the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube, along the top tube? Hopefully I will be able to use this to estimate the ETT of the bike in question.

If you could just let me know what your measurement was and the size of the bike I would greatly appreciate it.
    Voodoo Canzo 29er (sporting a Lefty) + Raleigh XXIX SS + Traitor Crusade SSCX + Lapierre Xelius XDJ

jms
    mtbr member

Here you go

The medium has an ETT of 24" and a large is 24.75". 71.5 degree HA and 73 degree SA.
    My Favorite Peeps:

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jms
    The medium has an ETT of 24" and a large is 24.75". 71.5 degree HA and 73 degree SA.
    I appreciate the help, but all the seller can give me is the measurement along the top tube. I know the ETT measurements of the stock Titus sizes. I am hoping that if someone with a medium or large Racer X can tell me what theirs measures I can use that to figure out the ETT of the bike he is selling.
    Voodoo Canzo 29er (sporting a Lefty) + Raleigh XXIX SS + Traitor Crusade SSCX + Lapierre Xelius XDJ

jms
    mtbr member

Center to center

Quote Originally Posted by xjbaylor
    I appreciate the help, but all the seller can give me is the measurement along the top tube. I know the ETT measurements of the stock Titus sizes. I am hoping that if someone with a medium or large Racer X can tell me what theirs measures I can use that to figure out the ETT of the bike he is selling.
    Okay, top tube center to center is @ 22 7/8" on my medium.
    My Favorite Peeps:

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jms
    Okay, top tube center to center is @ 22 7/8" on my medium.
    Perfect, thanks so much for your help. That gives you a good idea of what I am looking at. Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Sorry about jumping in here late, but this might prove useful in the future.