mtbr member

Racer X 29er (aluminum) anybody have one?

I have a Racer X 29er (aluminum version) on order, has anyone taken deliver of one yet? If so I would love to see some pics of it. I have been racing a SC Superlight for the past 7 years and am really looking forward to this new ride.
    I was told a mid June delivery date, now the clock is tickingÖ
    ya,ya,ya I might have to change my santacruzer name

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hate to say it, but I had one on order in October 2006. They told me delivery would be November, then they said December, then it was March. Interesting that they now say June. Obviously I lost faith long ago. I wonder when you'll really get it. Wound up buying an Asylum instead (I know, essentially the same bike), after confirming that Speedgoat had my size & color in stock.

mtbr member
    Well I broke my ankle in two places and I'm having surgery in the morning soooo I guess I can wait a little longer for it to come in.
    I'm sure it will be in any day just to taunt me

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I had to read that twice.... So sorry mate.

Hope your surgery goes well. Man, just when you expect a new bike.

How did you manage to break it ?~?

MTB B'dos
    Hey SC, sorry to hear about the ankle break that really tough, hope the surgery goes good. I think you'll be very surprised moving from that flexy SL to the Spider. No personal experience with the Spider (have a RIP9 on the way though) but I do know what the SL's are like and if it's an old one they are too damn flexy in the rear end.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    I had to read that twice.... So sorry mate.

Hope your surgery goes well. Man, just when you expect a new bike.

How did you manage to break it ?~?
    It was a really dumb way to break it; I went over a small unseen ledge and thought I might endo. I stuck my leg out to catch my balance and snap I fell down. I landed on my butt and did the visual check, things didnít look right, my foot was at forty-five degree angle from were it should be, so of course I straightened it up, that got my attention! Iím 46 and havenít broken a bone since I was 15.
    The fun part was getting out of there; I was carried, rode on a four wheeler and finally piggybacked up to an interstate where my lovely wife was waiting in a car for me. I still wonder what the folks on the interstate thought when they saw three lycra clad guys coming up a steep hill out of the woods, one of them riding piggyback on number two guy while hanging around the neck of the third guy. Paints a pretty picture donít it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by santacruzer
    It was a really dumb way to break it; I went over a small unseen ledge and thought I might endo. I stuck my leg out to catch my balance and snap I fell down. I landed on my butt and did the visual check, things didnít look right, my foot was at forty-five degree angle from were it should be, so of course I straightened it up, that got my attention! Iím 46 and havenít broken a bone since I was 15.
    The fun part was getting out of there; I was carried, rode on a four wheeler and finally piggybacked up to an interstate where my lovely wife was waiting in a car for me. I still wonder what the folks on the interstate thought when they saw three lycra clad guys coming up a steep hill out of the woods, one of them riding piggyback on number two guy while hanging around the neck of the third guy. Paints a pretty picture donít it.
    That's was funny... more spilled coffee (and cringed all at the same time) !~!

I hope you get a good prognosis and recovery .

mtbr member
    The Doc put two screws in my leg and said that after six weeks on crutches I could "Blow and Go"!!! That's what I want to hear, now I'm back to waiting on the Racer X, I'll post plenty of nice spotless unridden pics when it comes in

txn
    mtbr member
    I'm sure it rides at least as nice as the Ti demo bike I rode last year.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    SC,

I have a Racer X 29er, and I love it. I hope the ankle gets better soon, I was injured playing soccer last year when I was kicked just below the shin guard and the doc said I would have been better off if it had broken. A year later I now know what he means. Hopefully you will be healed and back in the saddle soon. I am 50 you would think we would know better. Look forward to the bike, its a blast.

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

My next bike?

The Racer X 29, along with the El Guapo, was the most popular bike to ride at the Titus Demo here on Wednesday. It seemed to be the bike most often mentioned as the next purchase. I enjoyed my time on it and will try to get one as a personal demo sometime soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ti is addictive
    For anyone who cares........TitusJeff told me the Racer-X 29'er is made in the USA via SAPA mainframe and Titus rear. (who woulda thunk it that they would return to them after the Locomoto fiasco)
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by TiEndo
    For anyone who cares........TitusJeff told me the Racer-X 29'er is made in the USA via SAPA mainframe and Titus rear.
    Just another weak "outsourced" frame like Turner and Ellsworth...
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by geolover
    mmmm Dare....
    Last edited by All Mountain; 09-20-2007 at 11:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Actually

Quote Originally Posted by geolover

Ellsworth moved all their frame production in house a year or two back.

Dave

Trophy Husband
    Quote Originally Posted by MightySchmoePong
    Ellsworth moved all their frame production in house a year or two back.

Dave
    Oh yeah, I forgot.

In that case, just another weak outsourced frame like Turner and Jamis.
    Extreme stationary biker.

mtbr member
    What do you know; I finally got my Racer X 29er. I just started riding my road bike a couple of weeks ago as I broke my ankle 7 weeks ago.
    Hereís that statís: the medium frame weighed 6.22 lbs and the complete bike came it at 26.1 lbs. which is really close to the SC Superlight Iíve been riding forever. Itís built up with the ultimate XTR kit, but I substituted on the wheels. I built up some XTR hubs with Wheelsmith db spokes and Stanís Arch rims.
    Hopefully my ankle will continue to recover and I can really ride the thing soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Congratulations !~!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sweet bike! I rode one at the demo last week and loved it.

mtbr member
    Looks nice man. And it arrived just in time.

I think that is the bike that could possibly replace my HH100x if it should ever break.

Enjoy it.