mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Racer-X 100 Upgrade Help

The wife says "why don't you buy some new stuff for your bike for Father's Day." Any suggestions what I should upgrade first?

Titus Racer-X 100 Ti (medium)
    Fox Float RLC Bossless
    XT Shifters
    Magura Marta Sl Disc Brakes
    Chris King Headset
    Thomson Elite Stem
    Answer Pro Taper Carbon Handlebars
    WTB Laser V Ti Saddle
    XT Bottom Bracket
    XT Front/Rear Derailleurs
    XT Cassette
    XT Crankset
    ATAC Pedals
    Wheelset: Chris King ISO Disc 32H, Wheelsmith 14DB Spokes, Mavic XM 819 Rims, Salsa SS Quick Release
    Tires: Tubeless, Kenda Blue Groove 2.1 Front, Kenda Nevegal 2.1 Rear

27.5 lbs.

So is your face
    Dump the xt shifters and rear der. for some SRAM x9, or x0 if she really wants to spend a lot. You won't believe the improvement in shifting either way.
    IT'S NOT THE FALL THAT HURTS. IT'S WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    It looks like a pretty sweet setup just the way it is. (I am jealous, much nicer than mine).

+1 on the Sram but since you already have XT shifters it is a major change.
    Chet

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'd say 27.5 is an over estimation. My AL RX with a lot of similar parts weighs 24.25 lbs. SRAM is definitely a good change as I run X.0 parts.

Your Stem is a boat Anchor while a quality part (I prefer the WW Syntace F99). And 819 rims are super heavy since I replaced mine with Stans Olympics. Those would be my suggestions.
    Titus Racer X
    Lynskey Singlespeed

parts leftover
    Mavic Crossmax SL or Industry Nine Ultralight wheelset
    SRAM X.O drivetrain
    Eggbeater Ti pedals

the 36 year old grom
    everything you got on there looks solid ( wheels are too solid). and if you don't have anything that is nagging you about the fit or performance or the shifting.... then I'd go after the rims. you got trail bike rims. toss the 819s an re lace with Stans Olympic rims. like Asahi said.

lighter rotational weight will be instantly noticeable. and you'll have an XC rocket ship.
    Last edited by demo_slug; 06-15-2007 at 11:25 PM.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    everything you got on there looks solid ( wheels are too solid). and if you don't have anything that is nagging you about the fit or performance or the shifting.... then I'd go after the rims. you got trail bike rims. toss the 819s an re lace with Stans Olympic rims. lighter rotational weight will be instantly noticeable. and you'll have an XC rocket ship.
    Yeah, relace those wheels... Get yourself some lighter rims like Demo suggests (it shows the weight weenie in him) and some Supercompetition spokes or drop the wallet on some Sapims already.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Wheels

I can get a deal on a set of Cane Creek Zonos Disc Team. Or maybe start over with my Chris King hubs? What do you think?

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmonk
    I can get a deal on a set of Cane Creek Zonos Disc Team. Or maybe start over with my Chris King hubs? What do you think?
    I would reuse the Chris King hubs........no better hub and lace em to Stans 355's or DT 4.2's depending on preference and go Sapim spokes or Aerolite's if you're under 175lbs.

Nothing else on the list (unless you wanna upgrade to a thomson masterpiece seatpost and XTR crankset.....everything else is top notch)
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain