Spring! Spring! Spring!

Quasi + 66SL1 + Roco TST R Coil == Big Smile

Bike feels very balanced with the two, they are a well suited combination IMO.

I ran the linkage in the "coil" position on Saturday at one of the local digs, and in the "air" position on Sunday for an extended ride and found that I like it a bit better in the second position. Just something ineffable to it that makes it a bit nicer in that mount.

Both dampers are basically centered in rebound (and compression in the case of the 66SL1), sag is set at 25% w/o riding gear. Currently running a 700# coil (me == 225#, and for those who don't know the Quasi is 3:1 leveraged).

I tried the TST switch in varying positions and found it notably different not only at the extremese, but in the middle "positions" too, so nicely tunable on the go. I did not ride it in "CL" mode when goind downhill as I did not want to violate the 'zoke guidance in the manual to not do that, but everything else got samplers in at least 4 postions of the lever.

Nicely done zoke. The Quasi has gone from double-Fox to double-Zoke, and it's been a fun and nice changeover.

Now, where to ride tomorrow ... please hold off rain ...

"El Whatever"
    Congrats, bro!!!!

I'm in total love with the "All Marathon S"... AM1 with a HSCV cart in it... RC2 should be just the cat's pajamas

I put in working order my 5th Air and it is going to definitively stay on the bike and I'll keep the Float as back up. It's clearly superior. Period. Small bump plushness means nothing when your midstroke is rather harsh and rebound just sucks on bigger obstacles.

The 5th may be harsh at low speeds and small bumps... But over the really rough stuff is just great. The phrase "lands like a big cat" applies here. You can feel the thing working on g-outs, which the Float just don't at least for me.

Now that I know I can repair it, it'll stay in duty for longer!!

I really love my suspension combo as it is now!!
    Check my Site

Trophy Husband
    Double Zoke Stoke!

The bike looks great. Nice pic.
    Extreme stationary biker.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    sweet pic, Bear!

The Quasi looks awesome with that setup!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I saw your writeup Warp and I thought to myself

"He has too many bike parts to play with."

But I'm glad it's working out for you, it's sooo much nicer when the bike feels like it's working together.

I've two backup rear shocks at the moment ('03 Vanilla RC and Manipou Swinger 3-Way Air) both of which work safely with the bike, But Are Just Not Right.

Roco Is Right.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    "He has too many bike parts to play with."

The fork is borrowed... I have to give it back.

The 5th Air blew on me and left me shockless for a while... Luckily it works now.

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    But I'm glad it's working out for you, it's sooo much nicer when the bike feels like it's working together.

I've two backup rear shocks at the moment ('03 Vanilla RC and Manipou Swinger 3-Way Air) both of which work safely with the bike, But Are Just Not Right.

Roco Is Right.
    I get the feeling, bro!!!

Man, that's a sweet trail down there...
    Check my Site

%$#$*!
    Nice setup! I love the old Quasi's. How much does that thing weigh?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by beefmagic
    Nice setup! I love the old Quasi's. How much does that thing weigh?
    Good question, haven't weighed it with the Roco yet.

I'm guessing 35-36, as with a Swinger 3-way air it was barely 34.

If I put my Small Tyres on the bike, it'd probably drop ~3 # (going from Kenda 2.6 Kinetics to, for example, 2.35 Short Tracker or 2.4 Cortez DTC) ... which I may very well do when I go to Colorado at the end of August (AFTER our lift-served day out at Angel Fire on the way up, let's not be schtupid).

Then again, I may just go with the 2.5 nevegals. Those and the 2.6 Kinetics have been my "shut and ride" tires for the last 18 months. I'm just very, er, thoughtful about going from 800' (max) altitude to 8000' altitude (min).

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    hey bear, your Quasi looks real good with all that Zoke hanging off it

Thanks for the photo.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    It sure looks like that picture was taken at a trail that souldn't be ridden with the current wet trails. Does that shock make you immune to water?

Looks like this weekend won't be dry for anything other than CP (and CP whipped my ass last weekend.)

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by austin_bike
    It sure looks like that picture was taken at a trail that souldn't be ridden with the current wet trails. Does that shock make you immune to water?

Looks like this weekend won't be dry for anything other than CP (and CP whipped my ass last weekend.)
    Looks can be deceiving.

No, it doesn't make me levitate, but not having an air shock means I don't worry about the air seal getting fouled and failing, since there is no air seal.

As far as this coming weekend goes, I think we need to monitor alternatives. And get Jimmy to post-up about Comfort conditions. Hint. Hint.

Failing that, I think you're in prime condition to earn another Ski Shores burger.

All Mountain: Thanks, I've actually knucled under and made that one my desktop wallpaper on my computer. Reminds me of Purpose when suffering under Flourescent Soul Sucker Lighting.

No, that's not phonetic
    I have been on the same combo on my 7-Pack for quite a while now and it has been the setup to beat. I love the Roco and have not even the slightest desire to retire my 06 66SL. Zokes spank all.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.