mtbr member

Pushed Float or other shock for Switchblade?

I have been thinking about getting my Switchblades Fox Float Pushed because of some of the positive post I have read. The other idea has been to get a Marz Roco Air R for the same reason. I find that I don't really get full travel on the Float with the sag set right and it doesn't seem to soak up small bumps at slower speeds. Anybody have some suggestions on a replacement shock or the Push Industries upgrade rebuild?
    Thanks, Dave
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving ~ Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Roco Air will soak up all the small bumps extremely well but you will not bottom it if you don't bottom the Float. Roco Air likes some air time

I think cheapest (and maybe best) option is to PUSH it for custom tune and rebuild. Or get RP23 with HV sleeve, or wait for new rear no-piggy shock coming out for 08 (like Manitou ISX, RS Monarch, Roco ...).

Warp has been agonising about his Switchblade shock for months....

Do It Yourself
    Which rocker link setup do you have? Some setups are more sensitive to shock size than others.
    Long Live Long Rides

"El Whatever"
    I've came to the conclusion that you're not going to bottom out a Float with standard sleeve on the SB unless you've been seriously hucking the thing.

Go for the Push rebuild along with a HV sleeve. Not the Xtra-High Volume one.

Maybe a coil over with no piggyback (read: Vanilla or Swinger 3-Way Coil)

I've had the Float R and the 5th Air and the 5th uses more travel but the damping makes it harder to bottom out fully.

Mine is a 2004 TALAS Switchblade with the 5" rockers for a 7.875" X 2" shock.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Warp, Thanks. I've decided to do what you said and get the Float R Pushed and an HV sleeve. Do you happen to know how long Push takes? Thanks. Dave
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving ~ Albert Einstein

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by muddydc
    Warp, Thanks. I've decided to do what you said and get the Float R Pushed and an HV sleeve. Do you happen to know how long Push takes? Thanks. Dave
    No idea... I've heard they're quick, but lately they're usually pretty busy. it's riding season, so all orders are urgent now.

Ask the Push people about what mods they suggest and what you're looking for... They have a large database and extensive knowledge. I recall one of them used to ride a Switchblade, so they should have more info than I can provide.

Be as specific as you can. Travel of shock, rockers used, your weight, riding conditions, etc. The more info they have, the better they can tune it for you.

They even have a mod where they install a thicker bottom out bumper (yup, in your air shock) and make the damping more linear.

Good luck!!
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I have a 02 SW that I have been riding for many years now. I wanted to update it alittle and got the PUSH upgrade on a Float R. Greatly improved the ride on a already great riding bike.

mtbr member
    I sent the Float out yesterday to Push for the service and sleeve. Can't wait to get it back and see if she really floats. Dave

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by muddydc
    I sent the Float out yesterday to Push for the service and sleeve. Can't wait to get it back and see if she really floats. Dave
    Good News