Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Its All Good"

Push'd RP23 on Motolite

Hi all. In between baby arrivals etc. Finally got the Push'd RP23 mounted and ready to roll.

Certainly feels different that the RP3. The lock out is a real lock out. WIll let you know on Saturday how she performs.

Was mucking around with the camera, with the bike on the ledge of my Balcony, looking out to the sea. Black as sky, kinda came out ok in my opinion.

All good........... Am amping to ride the ML, been on the roadie cause of time restrictions with the baby... Yeah ha.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Pics looks awesome with the background. Let us know how it feels.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by sungchang
    Pics looks awesome with the background. Let us know how it feels.
    Taken with the 10D, with a canon 550EX flash, dam it was pitch black and it lit things up. Amazed I am.

Will do on the RP23.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    awesome. I didn't realize you could Push an RP23. Sounds like a winner to me. Anxious to hear some impressions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Push'd RP23 -very nice. That could be my next upgrade. I will be interested to see how you like it. You are the bling master.

mtbr member
    Yeah it's too bad that you could have tried out regular RP23 and do a comparison to a pushed RP23....I guess others will start doing it as more RP23 comes to the market.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by sungchang
    Yeah it's too bad that you could have tried out regular RP23 and do a comparison to a pushed RP23....I guess others will start doing it as more RP23 comes to the market.
    sungchang, I agree, it was a bummer not getting my bike witht he RP23, was 1 week too early. I would have really liked to try it non Push'd, being in Spain, had to kill two birds with one stone and do it straight up.

When I raved moto x, all the boys used to put after market muffler setc, I would always do the suspension, it is where money should be spent in my opinion.

K n e e m o i
    You're the only person I met who upgraded a perfectly good 06 RP3 to an RP23. Looks like someone is coming down with the "I gotta have the latest and the greatest" virus. Oh wait, I can't say that, I have one also, but I am on the "gotta have the latest and the greatest virus antibiotic right now.
    "Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffunda
    You're the only person I met who upgraded a perfectly good 06 RP3 to an RP23. Looks like someone is coming down with the "I gotta have the latest and the greatest" virus. Oh wait, I can't say that, I have one also, but I am on the "gotta have the latest and the greatest virus antibiotic right now.
    sling some of those pills to me then Daffunda, oh to find a cure for the UHI, would be wealthy men.....

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    sling some of those pills to me then Daffunda, oh to find a cure for the UHI, would be wealthy men.....
    Dude, you just got your prescription for UGI attacks...

Kids always find their way to deplete your "bike purse" somehow.

Waaaaaaaiit a minute!!! What the hell am I saying? Since my kid was born I went on blingier bike stuff than ever! Damn!

Somebody should start an study on how newborns affect bike junkies into UGI attacks... weird!
    Check my Site

screamer
    Yeah, I'm dead curious about the PUSH mod. I thought I remember reading somewhere that the changes from RP3 to RP23 made the PUSH upgrades redundant, but maybe that's just my subconscious telling me that I don't need to drop $250 on something that ain't broke. Call it reverse UGI, or UGI-repression therapy or anti-UGI-itism. Anyway, the RP23 rides great, I'm sure the PUSH'd one does too, and I'm eager to hear the review!

ಠ_ಠ
    what's up with the four inch travel mode?

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dulyebr
    what's up with the four inch travel mode?

Yeah whafe, ya pu$$y!!!

ಠ_ಠ
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Yeah whafe, ya pu$$y!!!

mtbr member

????

Whafe, did you put it in the wrong whole?? Oh, and there are some water spots on your top tube.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by craigstr
    Whafe, did you put it in the wrong whole?? Oh, and there are some water spots on your top tube.
    Yeah, wanted to see and feel it around the house. And believe me, I have put it in the right hole at least once, hence no sleep.....................Pleased you all noticed, have to keep ya on your toes.............it will be in 5 inch mode for the morning, have ML withdrawls. A fix in the morning, yeah ha

trail fairy
    Yr becoming the right little photographer aren't ya buddy

Very nice, like yr work

You'll have to PM instructions so I can experiment to get pics like that of my RFX
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Yr becoming the right little photographer aren't ya buddy

Very nice, like yr work

You'll have to PM instructions so I can experiment to get pics like that of my RFX
    Sure thing bro... Yeah ha

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Great pics, Whafe! I love photography too (I shoot with a 30d). The pitch dark background works really well. Keep us posted on the ride. I managed to build my new bike last night, so we can compare comments on pushed against standard RP23, the "3" setting feels pretty solid on mine... I actually switched it to "2"... anyway.. glad to see it on the pimp ML

Cheers,
    Cris

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Great pics, Whafe! I love photography too (I shoot with a 30d). The pitch dark background works really well. Keep us posted on the ride. I managed to build my new bike last night, so we can compare comments on pushed against standard RP23, the "3" setting feels pretty solid on mine... I actually switched it to "2"... anyway.. glad to see it on the pimp ML

Cheers,
    Cris
    yeah ha, will be keen to hear your thoughts also. Tomorrow for me, cant wait.

Yeah, love taking photos, a good hobby.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    pls report on the new ride....

I too have a RP23 on my ML and am still trying to get it dialed in, getting it PUSH'd my be the answer. Still can't get it to behave the exact way I'd like it too - either too much damping on setting 2 or too little on setting 1.

Did you send yours back to get done or did you get on of the pre-PUSH'd shocks that they're stocking? How long was the whole process? And is it actually worth it?

Thanks

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta825
    pls report on the new ride....

I too have a RP23 on my ML and am still trying to get it dialed in, getting it PUSH'd my be the answer. Still can't get it to behave the exact way I'd like it too - either too much damping on setting 2 or too little on setting 1.

Did you send yours back to get done or did you get on of the pre-PUSH'd shocks that they're stocking? How long was the whole process? And is it actually worth it?

Thanks
    Hi ya, will let you know. I got is done by Push from new, being in Spain, it made more sense to get it done first. So have not at all used it non Push'd so to speak.

"Its All Good"
    Hi All. Had the first ride today with the Push'd RP23. Please note, have not ridden with a non Push'd RP23.

And yes, I changed to 5 inch mode. Maw ha ha ha

This shock took loads of setting up. It came back from Push with 150 PSI in the chamber. I was almost at 75% sag with that rate. Upped it to 180, slightly better, so on so on. Finally got my 25% sag at 230 PSI. Seems high, but went with it. Had more fluids with me today as she was a hottie, so that may have something to do with it.

The more or less on off switch for the stiff or soft is very good, really liked this. Compared to the RP3, felt the suspension was far more fluid like and smooth, and way more active and complient. Messed about with the rebound settings, this part was easy I felt.... Ended up doing most of the ride in setting 2.

Climbing was great with the rare end stiffer, and man we did some climbing today, did one 40 minute solid climb...........

Be interested to hear what the feeling is about the RP23 if you feel it is more complient and smooth compared to the RP3. FOx may well have upgraded this model well and it not need to be Push'd. I will say that there is nothing wrong performance wise with these shocks non Push'd either.

I guess another ride will tell me more.

And yes, it was slightly muddy today, well thats what the riding buddies from Spain thought, really concerned that they dont really know what wet muddy conditions are. So a little mud splashes on the ML. And ma so loving the I9 Wheels, they really impress me hugely.....

Great ridign you USA fellas this weekend, am slightly ahead of ya, have one ride in already....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Great report Whafe! I took my 575 for the "shake down" spin yesterday and the stock RP23 is also very impressive, climbing on setting "3" feels almost as stiff as my old Epic.. so it is quite stiff....... what I really loved was getting to the top of the climb and switching the propedal off.... it was so smooth going down...

I still need to do some cockpit adjustments (will try a straight seatpost instead of a setback). I climbed yesterday with the Pike at 140 the whole time and I had only problems on a very steep section.. the rest was fine. Don't mean to hijack.. sorry got carried away....

Anyhow, good to get some comments on the pushed RP23.. at least to see how much there is to gain from the stock version.

Cheers,
    Cris

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Great report Whafe! I took my 575 for the "shake down" spin yesterday and the stock RP23 is also very impressive, climbing on setting "3" feels almost as stiff as my old Epic.. so it is quite stiff....... what I really loved was getting to the top of the climb and switching the propedal off.... it was so smooth going down...

I still need to do some cockpit adjustments (will try a straight seatpost instead of a setback). I climbed yesterday with the Pike at 140 the whole time and I had only problems on a very steep section.. the rest was fine. Don't mean to hijack.. sorry got carried away....

Anyhow, good to get some comments on the pushed RP23.. at least to see how much there is to gain from the stock version.

Cheers,
    Cris
    Hey ya Cris, you have not hijacked at all. Good to hear the ride went well. I am thinking that at this point I would not worry too much with the Push'd mods. Have only had the one 4 hour ride though. I think that Push take away the almost fully locked feature. Will be keen to hear from the others on this.

I have not changed the Pike from 140 now for over a month, have got fully used to it, thinking to try it at 130mm, but nah, am happy as a pig in shite with it now...

Cheers
    Fenton

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast