K n e e m o i

PUSH'd Rp23 - Finally got it after 3 weeks!

Yes! Finally the push'd RP23 arrived for my RX! I installed it, but several questions.

1. I noticed that the aluminum bushings on the Rp3 was just aluminum bushings. For the new Rp23, the bushing on the non-propedal side has bearing bushings in it, but only on one side? Is this right?

2. Was I supposed to grease the bolts when I installed the shock?
    "Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi

Ti is addictive
    What happened to buying the Carbon Racer-X????????
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

K n e e m o i
    Interesting point.

I thought and thought about it then I realized.

When 6foot tall lean dudes with titanium hardtails with frozen forks and rim brakes are on my ass on the trail, I realized that it would suck if I up for the carbon version, and still get blown away by those 6 foot guys.

It is kind of like a rich dude buying a Ferrari, and getting blown away by a dude with a tuned Lancer Evolution.

But I think the PUSH RP23 is an awesome shock though.
    "Prison sports are really fun. I get used as a frisbee, a dartboard, and a second base!" - Kneemoi

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffunda
    Interesting point.

When 6foot tall lean dudes with titanium hardtails with frozen forks and rim brakes are on my ass on the trail, I realized that it would suck if I up for the carbon version, and still get blown away by those 6 foot guys.

It is kind of like a rich dude buying a Ferrari, and getting blown away by a dude with a tuned Lancer Evolution.

What's the cost and turnaround time......and did you go direct????
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

Goin' Down ain't bad!!!
    Interesting point.

No, no, no....if you up for the Carbon version it will allow you to whoop the crap out of those 6' guys!!! However, the 6' 4" dudes with the 5' legs??? Forget about it!!!!

I have a Push RP23 on my RX at home....I'll look at it tonight and let ya know what the bushings look like.

And yes, IMHO white lithium grease on the bolts will keep everything rotating smoothly regardless of the bushing/bearing design.
    Dug-da-Goat

"Oh momma, could this really be the end? To be stuck outside of Mojo with the High Side Blues again!!!"

K n e e m o i
    I waited three weeks.

I also noticed that the PROPEDAL 3 position is not a complete lockout.......I don't know if it is supposed to be like that...... I was hoping that Propedal 3 will be stiff as hell.....

IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004
    I thought Fox shocks were ALREADY tuned for the Racer X???

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by SVSocrates
    I thought Fox shocks were ALREADY tuned for the Racer X???
    Yeah, but not for YOU.

Push does that.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    lockout if for hardtails (or hardasses )

K n e e m o i
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    lockout if for hardtails (or hardasses )
    So.......it is not supposed to be near lock out? I noticed that I can get it to bob on a flat pavement while pedaling uphill, maybe I need to up the pressure a bit.....

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    So.......it is not supposed to be near lock out? I noticed that I can get it to bob on a flat pavement while pedaling uphill, maybe I need to up the pressure a bit.....
    Propedal 3 is very hard, but no lockout...that is good, as it actually helps traction... as you, I guess your pressure is a bit low....