Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your FTMs

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Post your FTMs

Haven't seen many new FTMs up here yet. I felt impelled to put together a large orange with Creamsicle theme (thanks Craig).

Revelation Air U-turn, X9 rear/shifters, XT front, Stylo 2.2, Formula Oro K24, Syncros FLR DS23 wheelset.

Not quite finished. Looking for a few more white bits. But you get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

FTM thread

I put a link to this thread in Warp's "Titus Setup and Database and Pics" sticky thread.

one sick puppy
    Hey Bob, that color doesn't go with the vehicle.
    Saddle up, Effendi. We ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I will post mine up here shortly. Gunna rebuild the wheelset sometime here in a the next few weeks with white spokes to play off of all the black.

BikerBob, I wouldn't be surprised if we are the only two with the FTM currently on the board!

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Not for me

Quote Originally Posted by YetiBear
    Hey Bob, that color doesn't go with the vehicle.
    It's supposed to go with someone else's vehicle, I hope.

I'm more of a Summer, according to my stylist. My last ML was mango, and silver ano before that.

mtbr member

I like it

A white bar and seat would top it off.

mtbr member

Would love to but .....

Bob ,

International FTMs

Ordered an orange large WAAAYYYY back last year through NZ distributor.
    But it seems supply went to US first - even thou it is SUMMER here !
    My ride will be - reliable solid build
    32 Talas 15 mm
    Hope pro 2 blue , Stans Arch , Schwalbe Nobbly Nics 2.25 F / 2.1 R
    CK headset ,Maxm carb risers , X9 Triggers + RD , XT cranks
    Juicy 7 185 , 160 ., Joplin R
    Just waiting .... waiting ....

Kiwi Titus Dude

Ti is addictive
    The Black and White ones look Hawt......That orange is for someone who really likes orange or wants something different. What gives...2 FTM's built so far for MTBR display. Man the economy must be sucking.
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I was at Hammerhead(in Austin, TX) last week and a guy was appreciating his newly built black FTM. It was a beaut.

BTW, I don't know why they don't just call it a Motolite...

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by CalVinsBike
    I was at Hammerhead(in Austin, TX) last week and a guy was appreciating his newly built black FTM. It was a beaut.

BTW, I don't know why they don't just call it a Motolite...
    They do, it's a full tilt motolite. Since they kept the Motolite in the line up, they had to change the name for the new 5" bike.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    CAL, that guy at hammerhead with the black FTM would be me haha!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It just seems a bit of over-manufacturing(if that's a word). You can put 5" on the current model. We're only talking minor changes to the frame, besides the hydro forming.
    The same goes for the Racer-X versus the X. Just "redesign" the models and continue the line.
    I'm not really complaining or griping(Getting last year's carbon Racer-X soon!), it just seems weird.

By the way, I just love that head-badge! It makes me lust after one just because of it!
    Last edited by CalVinsBike; 02-23-2009 at 05:45 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TejasMTB
    CAL, that guy at hammerhead with the black FTM would be me haha!
    Hey there! Have you gotten her dirty yet?
    Last edited by CalVinsBike; 02-23-2009 at 05:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    My Black 'FTM arrived here in the UK at the weekend. (so i can join the fairly short list of Titus owners on this side of the pond) - building her up on thursday, so il post pics asap. Love the subtle understated looks. A beautifully built frame.

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

More than you may have noticed

Quote Originally Posted by CalVinsBike
    It just seems a bit of over-manufacturing(if that's a word). You can put 5" on the current model. We're only talking minor changes to the frame, besides the hydro forming.
    The same goes for the Racer-X versus the X. Just "redesign" the models and continue the line.
    Many of the changes have been detailed earlier. The derailleur hanger and RP23 remain the same.
    Completely new rear triangle, including new HL bolts. New rocker arms. New front triangle design and manufacturing. Every tube is new. Lighter weight. Additional travel. 30.9 seatpost. New cable routing. Incredible new stickerless finish.

When the Motolite was first designed, it was optimized for the then new Talas 90-130mm front fork. The FTM is designed around the 100-140mm Talas. You will notice this when climbing, or when using a shorter stem.

Definitely not just cosmetics.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Took her on one ride thus far CAL, did a write-up on it under the thread "FTM, first ride report"

I am going to get some more time in the saddle hopefully this week now that I have had some time to recoup from my surgery.

Hueston Woods Trail Crew

Orange and RED

Trying out some variations.
    Here is today's project.

I have more red I could add (rotors, headset spacers) but I am waiting to hear from the chorus.

And where are the photos of the others mentioned above-Texas, UK, New Zealand?

mtbr member

Ewww!

Dom might like it, especially if you had burnt orange ano cable ends. What about black wheels with blue accents? I still cant believe nobody like the creamsicle theme!

mtbr member

Kiwi Orange FTM

And where are the photos of the others mentioned above-Texas, UK, New Zealand?

What about black wheels with blue accents?

Bike still in the LBS window for customers to drool over .
    However have gone more conservative on build colours ( eg after my garish Blue ML and red accents )

FTM:Ano Orange - sparkles in the sun ( Any Sun in BikerBobland at present ?)
    With Blue Hope Hubs Stans Rims , rest of build , eg CC 110 HS is all black

really lets the frame stand out

Promise to get a photo in the next 24 hrs

Paper or plastic?
    Orange is nice, but color matching that sucker is not exactly easy.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Here is the most recent pic of have of mine, it now has a little more Gold bits on it, but you get the general idea!

Medium Black ANO FTM, Fox Float RL 140mm
    Hope Pro II F/R, Stans Arch, DT Swiss Comp spokes
    XO rear, X9 shifters, XT front, Race Face Deus cranks, XTR pedals
    Formula Oro K24 185 front, 160 rear, Maxxis Ignitor 2.35 front, Maxxis Crossmark 2.1 rear
    Thomson 90mm stem, Thomson seat post, Race Face Next SL Carbon risers,
    Fizik Gobi XM saddle, MRP gold chain guard, Hope Gold QR seat post clamp and Hope Gold skewers
    Total build weight 26.3lbs
    Last edited by TejasMTB; 03-31-2009 at 07:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Wow, these all look fantastic! My LBS here in London, UK will be putting together my anodized orange at the beginning of next week, which is a good thing as I'm tired of drooling all over my desk... Will try to post a few images before the maiden voyage next weekend.

BikerBob the red with ano orange comes on a bit strong for me but I have to admit that the creamsicle one is pretty cool. The white on white theme is also very sweet.

With regard to suspension setup has anybody any guidance with regard to amount of sag in the rear shock? I'm a 90-kilo cross-country rider.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by derekp
    Wow, these all look fantastic! My LBS here in London, UK will be putting together my anodized orange at the beginning of next week, which is a good thing as I'm tired of drooling all over my desk... Will try to post a few images before the maiden voyage next weekend.

BikerBob the red with ano orange comes on a bit strong for me but I have to admit that the creamsicle one is pretty cool. The white on white theme is also very sweet.

With regard to suspension setup has anybody any guidance with regard to amount of sag in the rear shock? I'm a 90-kilo cross-country rider.
    Well if it is anything like a ML, I would run somewhere between 150-160 lbs of air to give roughly 25% sag.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I run 155lbs of air and I weigh 170, 180-185lbs with full gear and I get between 25-30% sag at that air pressure!

P.S. I dig the Orange Dreamsicle theme after having an orange Yeti 575 I probably wouldn't do orange again, but I do like it, it's nice to have a theme to play off of like that!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for the input -I take it then that 25% is what people are generally aiming for?

This waiting and thinking about it is driving me crazy -want to get out and ride!

Soon...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast