Thread: poor stinky :(

mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well poor stinky :(

I sent my fork and shock back to fox a few weeks ago and I feal so bad for stinky. All he's done for the whole time is sit on the bench gutted. I've only been out on the "other" bike twice since then but I still miss him. I think I'll buy him one of these once we get his arms and spine back to the house:

I even thought about getting him a pair of Ti pedals via crank brothers #11 candy pedals. I think he'd like some Ti parts since I deny him any carbon (gives him the $hit$)
    "I'm the fastest of the slow guys"

mtbr member
    What an odd turn of events! Ten minutes after posting this I get a text from my buddy at the shop saying my fork is in. WTF? I sent it out from office depot and it had my address on it (I work at the shop part time but this is my pesronal bike).

So I got the fork, for some damn reason fox felt the need to jam a stupid star nut down my steerer tube! I hate those things and they never work right then I had the fun job of fighting it out of my steerer. I use a chris king tensioner so I have no use for a jam nut. I have no idea why they felt compeled to put it in there?

Fork feals good in the garage and rear shock no longer makes odd noise. All is good in the parking lot, but we'll see how it goes on the trails, Stinky, up....UP! and awwaaaayy!!!

High Alpine Adventure
    So you went Fox rather than Push? But why T? But why?
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

mtbr member
    Dude, it was free Fork and shock still under warranty so I thought I'd let them have a wack at it. Wont know if it went well till the snow melts though

High Alpine Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible
    Dude, it was free
    Can't argue with free... especially with what Push charges. But I will say you do get what you pay for. They dialed in my Racer-X RP23 and it is super sweet now with a better span between platform on and off. Much more plush in the free mode!
    Dug-Da-Goat

Something changes at 12,000'
    ...so welcome to the Odyssey!

Building your trails at FooMTB

mtbr member
    The plan is to see how well this works into spring. I've done a couple standard fluid changes with a huge amount of slick honey and the stickyness was still there. I'm hoping it was something in the talas cartridge and this "free overhaul" fixed the issue and I can get away with just doing normal maintanance. if not, it'll go to push around first week of summer, or even get the float guts tossed in it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Stinky post rehab ??

I think I'll buy him one of these once we get his arms and spine back to the house
    What did they do to his spine, any improvement after his backy-otomy?

mtbr member
    Well, odd you should ask. I havn't really had a chance to do any riding in the past three-four weeks. There has been atleast 4 inches on the ground or it's been a muddy mess (I love the mud rides but trail damage is not on my to-do list)

I've ridden once but it does have a better feal since the rebuild. After I can get a few rides on the new build I'll get back to you

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I use a chris king tensioner
    ???What that be??
    whatever...

mtbr member
    ???What that be??
    This guy here:

Goes from headset cap to bottom of fork crown Kinda nice and alot more secure than a star-nut. Comes with the 1.5" headsets.