Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: polished rear

mtbr member

polished rear

some 06 MLs have a polished rear, while others don't. was that an option or did they change to that style at some point, and does it indicate any other differences in the paint/frame? their site does not mention it, at least that i could see

mtbr member
    May 2004

polished chainstays means more tire clearance

I believe that the polished chainstays means more tire clearance - these are the freeride stays that some people upgraded to because of tire clearance. I thought all 06' bikes had the increased tire clearance. Best to confirm with speedgoat.

mtbr member
    yea i thought all '06 MLs have the increased tire clearance, on the Titus website they even point that out using a pic of a colored chainstay...

i hope the polished doesn't mean it's lacking the additional clearance, maybe that would explain why they are so cheap

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by salimoneus
    yea i thought all '06 MLs have the increased tire clearance, on the Titus website they even point that out using a pic of a colored chainstay...

i hope the polished doesn't mean it's lacking the additional clearance, maybe that would explain why they are so cheap

Polished = clearance... Ya dig?

Ti is addictive
    uhmmm..... or they are using up the ones that were to go on EXO/Ti frames, come on enough with the conspiracy theories.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Polished = clearance... Ya dig?
    cool, that's really all i care about, just wondering where they came from, and apparently you don't know, Ya think?

Whaaa???

cool, that's really all i care about, just wondering where they came from, and apparently you don't know, Ya think?

Hmmm lets see??? Titus has a very well equiped inhouse facility. There for I can deduct that they're the polished rears They alway's seem to have laying around thier factory. ie for the old Quasi's, Super-Moto's and, as Tiendo has already concluded the ones for the ti, and exo frames.

Ya see "I" and others have been over some of this stuff numeruos times in the past, so when I try to help you out, I would appereciate it if you would try not to be an ass, if you requier that myself or others attempt to supply you with further information.

YA DIG?
    Last edited by blackagness; 08-27-2006 at 12:10 AM.

mtbr member
    what, cant handle getting the same tone back that you throw out? that's just how i respond to condescention. deal

what, cant handle getting the same tone back that you throw out? that's just how i respond to condescention. deal

Edit: Thier actually prob the late 05 frames, that Titus went ahead and , put the "wider" polished lowers on. I suppose when the 06's came in they set them to the side, until they ran out...

I hope thier was no condensation on that???
    Last edited by blackagness; 08-27-2006 at 07:40 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2004

don't sweat it

Whether it has the tire clearance or not - it is still a great price for the bike. I have the "regular" chainstays on my 05' and I can still ride my bike - a 2.1 fits fine and that is all I need. Personally I think people have gotton way to hung up on this issue.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eman2
    Whether it has the tire clearance or not - it is still a great price for the bike. I have the "regular" chainstays on my 05' and I can still ride my bike - a 2.1 fits fine and that is all I need. Personally I think people have gotton way to hung up on this issue.
    yea but the bigger girth just looks cool, and all the chicks dig it too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    Edit: Thier actually prob the late 05 frames, that Titus went ahead and , put the "wider" polished lowers on. I suppose when the 06's came in they set them to the side, until they ran out...
    hmmm, sounds reasonable, the guys at speedgoat said titus was sending over the last bunch of frames, and im pretty sure titus was already out of the 06's so what else could they be

now ima gonna be tempted to have a matching polished seatstay

the 36 year old grom
    hmmm, sounds reasonable, the guys at speedgoat said titus was sending over the last bunch of frames, and im pretty sure titus was already out of the 06's so what else could they be

now ima gonna be tempted to have a matching polished seatstay
    just like blackagness.

duly had his chain stay and seat stay anodized.

but....R U sure that your frame isn't coming with the complete polished rear end?

"Its All Good"
    polished and sssmmmmmooooooooottttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh infact Fresno Smooth...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    that looks sweet Whafe!

speedgoat describes it as "polished bottom" so im assuming it's just the chainstay. since there aint much of a choice anyway i'll just wait and be suprised, i don't mind suprises where i'm fine with all possible outcomes

mtbr member
    oh and also, so other than the stickers, there is really no difference between 05 and 06 frames i assume?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    speedgoat describes it as "polished bottom" so im assuming it's just the chainstay. since there aint much of a choice anyway i'll just wait and be suprised, i don't mind suprises where i'm fine with all possible outcomes
    Was the "polished bottom" description something they used on the phone or on the website? I've seen three different batches come through (and ordered from one of them) and the website said "polished rear" for all of them. The sales guy also specifically said "rear" when I placed my order, so I'm expecting one like Whafe's. Like you I don't really care - they both look good.

Bike to the Bone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    polished and sssmmmmmooooooooottttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh infact Fresno Smooth...
    Cheater! the rearstay is polished on Ti and Exogrid frames...lol!

mtbr member

I got my all grey Med from Speedgoat

Post Deleted
    Last edited by wrinklefree; 08-30-2006 at 01:13 PM.

Polished Rear...

Ordinaraly only the chainstays, mine are uppers and lowers...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by faustus
    Was the "polished bottom" description something they used on the phone or on the website? I've seen three different batches come through (and ordered from one of them) and the website said "polished rear" for all of them. The sales guy also specifically said "rear" when I placed my order, so I'm expecting one like Whafe's. Like you I don't really care - they both look good.
    you know what i just checked the site and you're right it says "polished rear", not sure if i was mistaken or they changed it with this last batch that just came in. now it's REALLY gonna be a suprise...how will i sleep (seriously)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by demo_slug
    duly had his chain stay and seat stay anodized.
    hmm, didn't even think about that option. i had already decided to go with all black components (grey frame), so the black rear would be very nice also!

mtbr member
    i have the polished (more clearance) chainstays if anyone would like them for a cheap price.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Here is my polished rear.

Deere Rider
    some 06 MLs have a polished rear, while others don't. was that an option or did they change to that style at some point, and does it indicate any other differences in the paint/frame? their site does not mention it, at least that i could see
    See my other post about '06 Closeout Motolites from Speedgoat for details.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast